1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kalimdor: the Aftermath - Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Kalimdor: the Aftermath' started by spinel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. KPwc3Edit

KPwc3Edit

Ratings:
    +437 / 4 / -19
    Tell me when testing will be done. I want to do calculations between the unit stats and economical value (mostly for Trolls though)
  2. SteakOnSpear

SteakOnSpear ᛊᛏᛖᚨᚲ ᛟᚾ ᛊᛖᚨᚱ Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,053 / 17 / -44
    Legion always uses champions from the planet they want to invade. Would be nice if we could seesomething like that happening. Ner'zhul, Illidan, Xavius, Azshara, Gul'dan, Kael'thas are examples. Can't remember any lore characters where that would acutally though. Just don't use an alternate Gul'dan, like Kal suggest. That's shit. Better to just use a more logical candidate even though it may not be true to the lore.
  3. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

Ratings:
    +2,281 / 80 / -131
    Timmy
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • This This x 1
  4. Spampolice

Spampolice Magos Shaman

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 29 / -120
    "2) Tel Abim
    Players can take Isle of Tel Abim to ensure more income some unique way."

yes
  5. SteakOnSpear

SteakOnSpear ᛊᛏᛖᚨᚲ ᛟᚾ ᛊᛖᚨᚱ Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,053 / 17 / -44
    They make the best bananas there.
    • This This x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Baytr

Baytr JustFollowMe

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Some suggestions and quiestions about factions and events:
    1) Orcish Horde and Horde Forces.
    I understand reasons you want to make 2 different orc factions in game, but to my mind it's lore wrong to set taurens inside your Orcish Horde factions. Lead by Varok, Horde Forces factions is more 'honor-orientied' and convinient for ideology of taurens. To my mind, it will be better to set taurens inside orange faction. That way, going True Horde won't throw off Taurens and all horde balance will be more lore-wise.
    2) Kingdom of Kul-tiras.
    Imho, it will be awesome to see full-transformation of DG faction to Alliance (Stormwind+Ironforge hybrid) instead of just getting new hero - Varian. By the way, agreed to the point mentioned above about "rogue" factions path with pirates and Edwin Van Cleef band. Another idea is sort of DAOW Stormwind faction path: Going into Onixia's tricks and transforming to black dragonflight.
    3) Druids.
    Your faction idea seems great, but there is moment i dont like:
    How Fandral Staghelm is connected with Emereald Nightmare?
    Emerald Nightmare with uniting with Old Gods is great, but how alliance with Legion is explained?
    Also there can be Firelands path with Fandral, Ragnaros and fire druids (another Old Gods ally path).
    4) Naga
    How alliance with Legion is explained?
    How alliance with Nightborn/Highborn is explained?
    Will we see there Illidary path development?
  7. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 7 / -11
    Yeah :-)
    1)
    Because the horde was divided when Garrosh came to power. And once the Daarkspear Debelion will be put in we want Orcs in new Yellow/Orange Horde. Taurens are in red because of gameplay... mostly. Orange is Ogre based mostly (Varok is not the main hero) and Taurens would not fit this faction.

2)
    It wont be exactly like that. Kul Tiras will be 100% Kul Tiras since the beginining and his midgame Alliance content will be mostly just a bridge between early game Kul Tiras and lategame Gilneas brigade path (that will be fullscale faction tranformation... sort of)
    Edwin Vancleef is not the hero we will use but (it definetly wont be in release version) it will most likely be Jorah Ravenhold but thats not sure now... we have more important things to discuss, develop. It aslo wont be path for Dark Green but more about that in future.

3)
    wait what?
    How is fandral tied to Nightmare? Like seriously? He is the one who brought the Nightmare into Azeroth thrue the Cenarion Circle and curse of Teldrasil... There is whole novel about that and its freaking epic (Stormrage).
    Flame druids will be most likely added but not in release version.

4)
    Naga are working with Legion in "Legion" (this sounds horribly)
    Shared ancestors. Nighborne are realy similar to Blood ELves so i dont see any lore heresy by alowing these 2 to ally each other. This path will be similar to Blood Elf/FOrsaken alliance in LTA.
    Yes... but not in release version. But definetly yes.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Baytr

Baytr JustFollowMe

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your answer:3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ZERO

ZERO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    May I join in the bate please? I really like the LTA, and really wanna try the KTA's Bate.
  10. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 7 / -11
    We will anounce testing in separate thread. I cant promise you anythink but it will come and it will be available to everyone. Sadly i am busy with school now and release date is still unknown. And i will be busy for rest of January so... i really cant share any info because i dont have any.
    But dont think that development has stoped, it certainly did not :D