1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kalimdor: The Aftermath - Screenshots

Discussion in 'Kalimdor: the Aftermath' started by Forsaken, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,407 / 101 / -162
    • Like Like x 2
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 30 / -105
    Legion camp in Desolace?
    Nice.

And have to agree with Uther. Tomb of Sargeras reminds me a lot of the one in the TFT campaign, so great job. <3
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,343 / 85 / -200
    Personally I think it could improve. When you over use the circular shape of fortifications it shows laziness IMO.
    Not to mention Stormheim should be drastically changed, you need to make it much more darker, with few dark grass tiles and then of course have the Runewood with the current style of terrain.
    This is all just my opinion of course.
    • This This x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,923 / 99 / -132
    I mean shit I never thought about it. Even though it hates me to say it (not because you kal ^.^, but because the terrain is so great) she's right. Like except Surumar there's no reason why any other bases should be round.
    • This This x 2
  5. SteakOnSpear

SteakOnSpear ᛊᛏᛖᚨᚲ ᛟᚾ ᛊᛖᚨᚱ Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 17 / -44
    I said that i don't know him. How can you disagree with a fact. I didn't know Donald Trump before he went for the presidency either.
    • This This x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Van Cleef

Van Cleef

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Boralius looks awesome. I like it:-)
  7. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 8 / -11
    Why do you think that circular shape should be changed? I dont see anythink wrong with circular shape and what exactly would you like from us to change? Boralus? Dire Maul?
    To be honest i dont see anythink wrong with Stomrheim neither. It has the same "autumn" mood like Stormheim in game and as far as i love dark and creepy places (anyone from team can confirm :D ) i dont think that Stormheim should be made darker.
    Thanks. We wanted to make it sligtly diferent then places. The harbor gate are undestructible and can be opened and closes only from Boralus keep.
    • This This x 1
  8. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,343 / 85 / -200
    Stormheim in-game contray to your belief is quite grim and dark, and if anything has a bit more spring or summer like feeling with the dark-rich texture the green and chestnut brown trees give off giving a nice additive to the dark black rocks you see.
    Many of your fortifications are circular in shape, try and work on making them (especially human fortifications) more man-made, so maybe some squares with abit curved edges, rectangles ectera. It will improve your game esthetic and design by a ton.

(Please get somebody to fix the grammar in the map, Harald spelt "cannon" in one of his maps as "canon". Please get someone to proof-read the text.
    • This This x 1
  9. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 18 / -51
    No need to worry, spinel and forsaken fixes all of my grammar mistakes
    • This This x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. spinel

spinel Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 8 / -11
    Well i am trying to make things as much "realistic" as i am able. Using circular shape is logical, because it has fewer potentional weakneses. If i would desing a castle in real life, i would do it this way... and many castles and forts are done this way. Only exception is the terrain, that makes in unavailable in many cases. But ideal defense is circle because every tower located on the edge of circle can cover the towers next to it.
    In for example the square shape, some towers are more vulnerable because they easily can be in range of enemy siege and cant be covered by other towers.

Not talking about the model limitations, that juct does not look good when you use it in diferent angles. We had like 8 versions of Nortwatch and we have to scrap many of them because it just did not look well.
    And besides that... there are not many human fortifications. Theramore, Boralus, Northwatch and small base on the edge of Dustwallow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017