1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kul Tiras faction preview

Discussion in 'Fall of Lordaeron WIP' started by Elbadruhel, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Kul Tiras

[​IMG]

Lore

Founded by gilnean sailors around two thousand years ago, the kingdom of Kul Tiras grew quickly, till they found the Drust (vrykuls) in the west of his new home and started a war to survive. They won the war thanks to the Thornspeakers, druids of the Drust who betrayed their own kin to help the humans and teach them their magic.

In the recent past, Kul Tiras, as strong member of the Alliance of Lordaeron, fought in the Second War against the Horde, and Admiral Proudmoore commanded his great fleet agaisnt the orcs, trolls and ogres once and again till the Alliance achieved the victory. Proudmoore hates the orcs and when his leader and friend Therenas ordered to jail them instead of doing a genocide, Daelin was sad, but he understood it and give his full support to his comrade, no orc would sail the seas of Lordaeron while he is alive.

Unlike Gilneas or Stromgarde, who betrayed the Alliance and left it, Kul Tiras kept loyal, one of its strongers members and the main fleet of the force. Now, nagas invade their beloved home from the north, the tidesages are starting to dissappear and pirates harras their home and boats from the south. Daelin must sail once again, to protect his own home and ensure the safety of Lordaeron coasts.

Units

upload_2019-3-31_1-11-21.png

As an human realm, Kul Tiras main force are human units:
    + Knight. Big. Heavy. Bonus vs Big. Able to charge to move faster and inflict a great strike once.
    + Swordman. Infantry. Heavy. Good as core of your army, can use Guard to protect himself from normal damage.
    + Spearman. Infantry, heavy, good vs big. If your realm has to face enemies with countless big threats, like abominations, cavalry, ogres... U may expend some more gold to get this sturdy soldier.
    + Archer. Infantry, light, normal. With his chainmail is able to deflect some basic projectiles, what makes him to excel in a trade against other lighter archers, such as orcish ones. Also, wearing that heavy gear made him stronger than most archers, giving him more damage than usual.
    + Crossbowman. Infantry, light, bonus vs heavy. This skilled crossbowman wears the same chainmail as his partner, but instead of having more damage, his piercing shots allow him to damage the armour of his target, reducing its protection so other allies can end the job.
    + Catapult. Siege. Ranged.
    + Thornspeaker. This druids from Kul Tiras follow the ways of the Drust: nature magic to support the allies or disturb enemies, and if they feel in danger, always can become a great nature beast that even the Drust feared in their civil war.
    + Kultiran Tidesage. This hydromancers from Kul Tiras are their famoust priests and sorcerers, they protect their people, confort their minds and even summon the power of the sea. Some of them may have fell corrupted, but the rest of the order has gathered together to fulfill their task protecting the realm and its inhabitants.
    + Great Hawk. Big. Light. Flying.

But the true power of Kul Tiras relies in its fleet, not inland. All factions have 3 kinds of ships (rock, scissors and paper), with different kind of them for each race: human/dwarf, elf, Ud, troll and orc. But Kul Tiran Battleship (the heavier of the 3 kind of boats) is better and stronger than the usual human battleship. In the right, the 3 human ships, in the left, the Kultiran Battleship wich replaces human basic one.

upload_2019-3-31_1-32-23.png

The power of this Kultiran Battleship doesnt rely in better stats, but in its unique skill: Drop Anchor. This allows the great kultiran ship to settle in any beach of the map, allowing u to recruit there your swordsmen, archers or sailors (worker). That makes Kul Tiras the best alliance faction to fight in the sea, since you can launch quick attacks and invasions by sea.

You dont need to gather workers, embark them, sail, disembark and start to build in the middle of a fight, you just prepare your mighty fleet, set sail to the enemies coast and once there, you can disembark your troops to start to control the area, or simply drop your anchor and start to recruit soldiers to win the coast.

Once you have secured the area, you can start to recruit a few workers (sailors) and build a real base there, with towers to protect it, sawmills to chop and mine, or even different kind of barracks to be able to recruit more varied units and not just swordmen and archers. If the base is cool enough for you, or your allies need you in another place, you just weigh anchor and set sail once more time, till every coast of Lordaeron is safe for the alliance.

Heroes

Daelin Proudmoore. Grand Admiral of the Alliance.
    Katherine Proudmoore. Lady Admiral of Kul Tiras.
    Tandred Proudmoore. Captain of Kul Tiras.
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2019
  2. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

Too many Proudmoores, could you replace Tandred with some dude named Barean Westwind? Just the name perhaps.
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Barean is from Kul Tiras, but he fights in the Scarlet Crusade, so nop. But if u think there are too many proudmoores i accept other ideas :D. I added them cause i tought they were the more relevant ones for Kul Tiras in this period, but i can swap Tandred or Katherine with other relevant Kultiran characters, who fight for and in Kul Tiras.

Maybe Brother Pike, Arthur or Lucille Waycrest, or even Lord James Ashvane. But i just think them all are less relevant than Tandred and even less than Katherine (at this period Tandred is MUCH more relevant than Katherine, this is not BFA, here Tandred is the heir of the kingdom and admiral of the fleet).

What do u think?
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Who was the sneaky one who updated Kultiran banner? Good job jajaja
  5. Ardenaso

Ardenaso Lazy bastard who can't get a simple work done. Map Maker

But he's still part of the Kul Tiran navy and he did some honors in Lordaeron, but that's just a suggestion. How about another random dude like Captain Thornby or Zerx Hydromon
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

You know a lot about W3 o_O I had never heard of those 2 guys. After checking it, Zerx Hydromon wasnt kultiran, wowpedia says he was independent. Thornby is a captain of Lordaeron indeed, but idk if a random npc would be more relevant than Tandred or katherine... Specially for the players to be eager to use him. Also, Tandred and Daelin are mele sturdy heroes, while Katherine is ranged. Swaping her for Thornby would make all ur heroes sturdy melee ones, and i prefer to have a bit of variety to be able to use different skills and coop.
  7. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Still i dont understand why you want replace Proudmoores, too many luls, exchange me more iconics character of Kul Tiras. For me Heroes are good, fraction too and map too
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

I was awaiting for you :D

Im glad you like your realm, grand admiral.

It doesnt disturb me if you discuss my heroes, i like it. I study them A LOT before posting or coding them, but i may be wrong or forget something. So feel free to coment everything, then i will read it and change it or not depending on what i see and what i think is better for the map.
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

What is that big dog made out of leafs?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Its a bramblebear, the bear form for Kultiran druids:

[​IMG]
    • Informative Informative x 1