1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kul Tiras (Roughly)

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 8 / -0
    I managed to pierce together a... sort of map of how Kul Tiras is going to look in World of Warcraft's Battle for Azeorth

And it would appear to be a lot more rocky and mountainous than it's current iteration in LTF - not sure if people care though, but I might make some terrain adjustsments in the future.

(Sorry in advance; made this with Paint)
    Roughtiras.png
    • Like Like x 6
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    Looking forward to see this in KTA. Darkgreen and Light Blue might probably benefit from this terrain.

Same goes for Zandalari.
    • This This x 1
  3. LoboTron11

LoboTron11 Grandaster of the Shadow Council

Ratings:
    +111 / 2 / -11
    I really want to see this both LTF and KTA, most in KTA cause the actual Kul Tiras is too easy to take... (I'm main KT in KTA)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EmperorFawful

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    Kul'Tiras in KTA makes in my eyes more sense for an overhaul, as it's anyways an island hub for LB and Dark Green, should the fight on Kalimdor mainland go in a different direction than originally planned. Pretty much a good backup + potential for new content in terms of path choices/events DG and LB could obtain.

In LTF a terrain rework might be nice, but I don't think that Kul'Tiras really matters that much - especially when considering that Dark Green's main purpose is the defense of Lordaeron against the Undead, wheras his fate would end eventually as a member of the Undead team in most cases. Furthermore Blue seems to be able to rush Kul'Tiras during the early game quite easily wheras DG and other alliance members focus still on defending Lordaeron before going South until the Plague launches.
    So... it's definitly nicely terrained, but it barely serves an important task other than being useful if DG doesn't join up with the Scourge while Blue overlooked it before Civil war.
  5. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 92 / -215
    @SvnmS let me put this i LTA
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +840 / 27 / -56
    I could've done a better job with paint, I've mastered everything there is to know about paint, the most powerful tool for image manipulation.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Talinn

Talinn Map Maker

Ratings:
    +196 / 1 / -0
    Blizzard faps to mountains a lot these days. Back in TBC and vanilla there were huge open spaces and it was quite nice. Feels like they are trying to hide a lack of land area with twisty mountain paths. ( more of a BfA comment)

And yeah reterraining it to be like this woild hurt naga the most and benefit most everyone else. ( don't even play KTA as much as I'd like and i know this to be true)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 8 / -0
    I don't know why I even put this in LT:F forums :p
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. EmperorFawful

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    Well Kul'Tiras is in all these maps and when I initially wrote it, I didn't really thought of LTF initially nor looked in which forum it was.

I guess it might be a cool terrain change, but as I wrote in another post: With Kul'Tiras current state of being nothing more than a free base for Dark Green to kill during the first 15 minutes of the game as DG and allies are busy elsewhere, it wouldn't really have an impact on current gameplay tbh.
  10. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    The terrain change for Kul'tiras (in LTF to make it clear) comes from aesthetics the future probably addition of it as a 7th Alliance player. Currently it fulfils the role of secondary base/sub-path for DG perfectly however it would be weak as a player's main capital. Same goes for Azjob-Nerub.