1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kul Tiras (Roughly)

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Apr 23, 2018.

1. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    I would rather propose to make it a path choice for either Purple , Light Blue or Dark Green,
    while it starts as a neutral base at the beginning.
    Would rather say give it to Dark Green if he loses Arthas while not becoming Scourge or keep it otherwise as an alternative path, LB can choose if he doesn't want to go Argent Dawn, when Onslaught already drops out (while he would nontheless benefit from the Draenei, he saved with Maraad).

Not sure if a seventh player is needed, especially when considering that Kul'Tiras would barely have any content other than being 'The Navy' and thus being the only player who rushes Scourge during the early game easily.
    • This This x 1
  2. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -1
    I have suggestion make Kul Tiras as support fraction for aliance. Dalaran have trisfal agents with tp soo kul Tiras will have ships.
    What i mean only kultieas will have better ships-better i mean faster than other fraction ships. Soo he can help in South if aliance need him in capital he will use ships to faster travel to lordaeron. I really want kultiras as fraction on ltf ;)
  3. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,133 / 30 / -105
    Problem with naval paths though is, that being naval alone isn't really helpful.
    Any kind of Kul'Tiras path needs more gameplay than just being naval. Maybe it could also grant access to zepplins/gunships like in KTA.
    Or Kul'Tiras can be unlocked by a faction, which lacks certain aspects in terms of gameplay, like for example Purple (caster-based, but if Purple goes Kul'Tiras path they get a slight melee addition maybe).

Hence why I am also against the idea of a 7th Kul'Tiras player, as Kul'Tiras would gameplaywise end up as a copy of Dark Green, Purple and Light Blue basic melee, only with the slight difference that they have better ships. Which is neither unique nor helpful.
    Not to mention that a 7th Good player would grant Scourge team a huge disadvantage as they can simply assault Northrend directly when the game starts.
  4. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +80 / 7 / -8
    I think kultiras should be a purple subpath focusing on Jaina and empowering her through the standard WoW events (leylines, iris, etc..)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Kul'Tiras as it has mentioned before, has potential not only regarding lore but also as a naval faction.
    Brand new mechanics can be added for this faction only similarly how Dwarves mine gold, etc. For example fishing (Make a haunted gold mine over water with the model of a bunch of fish, a special finishing boat would have to go there and channel to get income similar to acolytes), trade routes (similar to before but just a normal mine like a trade-port so the boat has to do a return route to Kul'tiras main port similar to workers mining, put these in places Dwarves would not be able to mine like small islands or something), trading wood would be possible on boats "traders" like @Marshmalo already mentioned or even make workers only able to return wood to boats rather than buildings.
    Heroes could also get awesome interactions like: Depart/Dock (10 second channel) (Cast on Harbour only) The hero sets sail (Hero becomes a Battleship-hero with new abilities and can move over water only)/Dock (The hero comes out of his main ship to become a ground hero)

Besides, a strong naval faction can be key in certain areas like defending the sunwell-bridge or Queltalas near the second rune-stone; in fact, brown gets screwed easily when a few battleships and a landing party appear from behind Dragonmaw port and if he is getting sieged also it finishes him off completely. I agree the game does not require such a heavy naval force as a must at the moment but some terrain be adapted to make a naval force remarkable if it was there in the fight like the sunwell example.
    • Like Like x 3