1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L:TA 13th faction suggestion - pool

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Vidovit, May 15, 2018.

?

Do you support the idea of Illidari becoming the 13th faction in L:TA?

This poll will close on May 25, 2018 at 23:19.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 6 / -23
    [​IMG]
    Are we prepared?
    First thing first; L:TA is a big map with stability issues so this post is only theory-craft;​

However if a new faction get's added it's logical that we split the faction with most content - Blood Elves.
    In a regular game if Blood Elves go Illidari that means the whole alliance/horde/forsaken alliance content becomes unused.
    Also Illidari brings unbalance to Outland because you get 1v1v1; the timing is especially crucial because he can just sweep outland if orange and teal fight it out first.

There are many ways to implement this but my current thinking is this:

1) Outland becomes a 1v1 of Illidari and Fel Horde;
    Fel Horde controls the legion gates and territory but Illidari have the momentum to push.
    If Fel Horde wins, it's as if they won vs Legion. If Illidari wins we can do the whole mission to kill LK scenario with Legion.

2) Legion becomes Dreadlord Insurgent at game start;
    Legion and Forsaken are allied but Forsaken may betray later (10 min mark or so); this gives Forsaken an enemy since in most games nobody opposes them. If Worgen do happen, they they get improved defenses in Gilneas to hold 2 players.
    Legion wouldn't be some crazy force but dreadlord squad and some undead; his main objective is to get a powerful ally that will help summon.

3) Normal Blood Elves now protect the Sunwell from Illidari/Fel Elves;
    Before one could go Illidari/Fel Elves and get free Sunwell but in this scenario it wouldn't be possible.
    Other content for Elves would be Alliance/Horde/Forsaken/Wretched which is IMO enough.

Post your opinions!
    Thanks
    • Like Like x 1
    • What? What? x 1
  2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,074 / 30 / -105
    I think Tuskarr should be the 13th faction.
    • This This x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ilusioner

ilusioner Cause things shall proceed as foreseen Map Maker

Ratings:
    +695 / 4 / -11
    Pretty much this:

2acaop.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,034 / 6 / -23
    At least you got a chance to use that publicly lol
  5. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,523 / 88 / -208
    yousef alrdy said no tho
    • Savage Savage x 3
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur White Knight Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,694 / 12 / -10
    Did somebody said "naga"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +973 / 13 / -28
    No. Fix game, before adding additional features. The mentality of adding stuff before you fix stuff is what got you into the shit hole that is the latest version of LTA.

You asked for my opinion :-)
    • This This x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Savage Savage x 1
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +180 / 6 / -19
    Don't like this idea, also not sure how it would look like, I think the gameplay then would be pretty dull for Illidari since they'd always be forced to go down the exact same path from Netherstorm to Zangarmarsh. Also they'd start with only 1 CP lol.
    Also it'd be a faction with no second chance, if they loose vs FH they're out of the game.
    Also Legion would be superbly weak then too :p and Idk what would Kazzak do in the meantime, he'd be a research for Legion.
    Speaking of a 13th faction, I think in LTA we don't need to have one, in LTF for example there is space for that, but for LTA there isn't.

Ok now that I said that we don't need a 13th faction, :D let me suggest my utterly mad idea for a 13th faction:
    DREADLORD INSURGENTS! :D Ta-daaaa
    Split Burning Legion into two team members, one based in Twisting Nether and Outland and the other part to Lordaeron Palace.
    Burning Legion would gain a new elite's type and new heroes to compensate for losing all the various Dreadlord heroes (maybe leave only Mephistroth for BL and make him a starting hero).
    With this, we would allow the Legion to focus on Outland completely instead of having a part of their forces uselessly sit in Lordaeron (waiting for an evacuation) for stuff they don't care about.
    Burning Legion would be allied to Dreadlords but not to Forsaken, while Dreadlords will have both BL and Forsaken as allies (Forsaken and BL are enemies in the meantime). Or we can just have Dreadlords unallied to BL and if Forsaken betrays then they are automatically allied to BL and can flee.
    Now in this case for Dreadlords to survive we must either give them a sufficient number of units to fend off a Forsaken attack OR make it impossible for Forsaken to betray so quick, which would be lore-wise bad since Forsaken-Legion pact didn't last more then 10 or 7 days lol.
    Now if Dreadlord player was able to quickly tp to Outland and help BL then that would fuck up the balance of Outland fight.
    The Dreadlord player wouldn't have much content though, I don't see much fun stuff for him to have or do. :p Even if for example we gave them their own instanced area like Nathreza, their homeworld (to retreat to and act from) which would basically function as Twisting Nether does for Legion now.

Okay I give up on this, :D no 13th faction if you ask me is a good idea, but writing all this was fun for my mind. :]
  9. Tehfebeb

Tehfebeb ProphetHeWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ratings:
    +199 / 6 / -19
    sToRmWinD sHoUlD bE tHe ThIrTeEnTh FaCtIoN
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 12 / -36
    You are NOT prepared !

Unless you solve the following issues :
    1. How will forsaken deal with the additional defenses on Gilneas when Legion finally finds out that CP sniping in Northrend (or hunting the book, or helping whoever their future ally is) is far more profitable a preparation for their emergence ? And if you somehow manage to convince the dreadlords to focus there, then it will be very, very difficult to make the defenses only building based (you MUST NOT buff Gilneas because of this, because it'll just make the Alliance stronger if Gilneas wins)
      And this isn't even the main problem. The main problem happens when ND is chosen. And both Forsaken and Legion start attacking Scourge and Cult. You'll also give Scourge more fixed defenses to deal with this ?
    2. What will be the normal elves' solo faction possibility ? do they have to always depend on an ally ?
    3. Is the addition of this 13th faction enough to justify the stiffer starting positions ? from the looks of it Trolls will be forced to always focus north, and so will Blood Elves. However, without a solo path available to them. Horde deciding to focus north will mean a free win for the Trolls/Horde alliance. Won't happen every game, but will be an easy victory for any Troll/Horde pre made alliance players.
      To make it short, by allowing solo factions early, I planned on making all configurations possible. This means if trolls decide to help Horde south, DH can get enough power by going solo Twilight. If legion allies DH, Horde can get enough power to fight by going True Horde...etc DI can get their solo path early. The factions that can't do that early were FH because they are fighting legion who doesn't have a solo faction power.
      This thing does not apply to the Elves, if they get teamed up on and Gilneas is busy with Forsaken, they die very sadly, and their second chance is now a different faction.
    4. If you do think that it does justify having more fixed early fights and manage to fix the other problems. Then what does this bring to the table ? what is the advantage of having Illidari as a 13th faction other than just saying "we now have a 13th faction" ?
    • Like Like x 4
    • This This x 3
    • Savage Savage x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.