1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L:TA and patch 1.29 of warcraft

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Apr 12, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 14 / -39
    Greetings !

As everyone is aware, the new patch 1.29 has made using JNPG impossible, which was the tool that allows us to edit large maps with additional functions and doodad/unit limits.

The good news :
    Luckily for LTA, the limits do not really affect the map, there were some, but we were able to work around those.
    I was also able to remove all JNPG dependent functions from the triggers, and manually fix the neutral hostile / neutral passive issues that come with the new patch.
    So the new patch will not stop the development of LTA, even if blizzard doesn't fix the issues that come with 1.29
    The patch brings new functionalities, we'll have different colors for the Scarlet Crusade, Twilight's Hammer, The True Horde...etc

The bad news :
    The fix I did was on the incomplete 1.54 version. This means that I cannot release a hotfix immediately.
    Yousef or Kaldorei, depending on availability, might apply the fix on 1.53g and we'll be able to release it.
    The other possibility is that we might rush 1.54, release it without all what we planned for it, just to have a playable version. And then continue working on the rest of what was planned for it as version 1.55.

This is also bad news for Gameranger people, with the new functionalities, there will be things that will not work on 1.26/1.27 which is the version that is vastly used there.
    However, it is possible that if I do not include these new functionalities (colors for example) the map might work.
    In that case, I will try to keep the triggers that break 1.26/1.27 in a folder, and deactivate them, and release a version for gameranger only (on epicwar only)
    However, this will only be done if the functionalities are easy to remove (once again, colors for example), if I eventually add something that is part of the gameplay that is hard to remove. Then I won't be able to keep it up anymore.
    I hope that by then, Gameranger would have adapted its client to 1.29, and that the gameranger people would have somehow gotten their hands on 1.29
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -42
    I remember the days when they had a hard time on making 1.27b count.I managed to convince a group of people on what to do to play the map.But now they all will have to update it.No doubt that Blizzard will release a manual update the real problem are the people in general.Its hard to convince them to do something even if it only had benefits for them and no handicaps.That was the problem with 1.27b and that will be the problem with 1.29 and all the versions ahead.
  3. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,081 / 13 / -30
    Ditch he gameranger people
    • Savage Savage x 2
  4. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

Ratings:
    +336 / 15 / -42
    An apple a day keeps the Burning Legion away.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. GinoFastidio

GinoFastidio The Elf_blademaster's Hunter and sworn enemy

Ratings:
    +83 / 1 / -1
    GameRanger Plebs go buy that game for 10 dollars and dont be cheap AF
  6. Enclop

Enclop Lord of Winterfell

Ratings:
    +393 / 1 / -27
    It pisses me off that cheap skates don't fucking get the actual client. yeah I understand that it can cost quite a fair bit in your country BUT
    1. warcraft 3 isn't like wow where u constantly have to pay each month and buy expansion packs.
    2. its a one-off payment with no in-game purchases (which is a rarity these days).
    3. literally hundred hours of fun

I understand if u get gameranger to test the game out but by now if it reaches this stage they should just fucking buy it.

anyway hope you get it out soon Snvms!
    • This This x 2
  7. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 14 / -39
    Well, I don't know about others.
    But I used to play on gameranger because there was no way for me to actually pay even if I wanted to back then. Third world country problems.
    So I still have that small hint of pity for those who can't actually buy the game. But I agree that anyone who can, should buy it.
    • This This x 1
  8. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,674 / 10 / -49
    People who cant afford wc3 at this point probably got more important things to do before playing games, like... making money or something
    • This This x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Robovision

Robovision

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Well Gameranger ppl are now playing LTA/LTF and other maps without problems. Or dont they?
  10. Hand_of_Midas

Hand_of_Midas

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -2
    So good news mostly i guess, anyway i think the focus should be on making LTA playable again and delaying the work on new contend for a later date.