1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy of Lordaeron

Discussion in 'Custom Ideas for maps' started by Harald, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Isn't there a Lordaeron map made by Harald already? I would love to test the map too.
  2. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Dominance of lordaeron which just did not work
  3. Awesomeguy

Awesomeguy Im Awesome Brigand

Sounds awesome, I would love to test it when the alpha is out.
    Just some main questions, Is this going to be Spawn-Based or more like LTA and such? And how are the teams going to look like? Looks like there are too many members on the Alliance team, and its pretty op considering that there are only 9 players in the game.
  4. Harald

Not spawn based and none of these human players are allied
  5. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

Is it FFA then or can you give us some more info regarding teams and some events in soon future?
  6. Harald

Sure, the only teams at the start of the game is Scourge team and Forsaken team.

- Scourge will be stuck with eachother with no betreyal paths planned now.
    - Forsaken can in the future decide to ally up with the blood elves or join the Horde (Solo Path) to leave Legion.
    - Legion who starts as the royal apothecary can also stage a coupe aginst the forsaken and later become the legion itself.
    - Scarlet can do a few events which makes Taelen promoted to a highlord, giving him more authority in the crusade which opens a choice to bring tirion into the crusade, this is the "Good" side choice which puts the crusade on a better path then chocing saiden. From there i had planned scarlet can ally up with Argent dawn or Gilneas depending on what choices they have made.
    - Gilneas is affected with the worgen curse from the begining of the game (like the wretched in LTA) and has to stick with it untill 5/10 min in game where he can choose to embrace the curse or kill the infected, if he kills the infected he can later join the alliance and get some good things. Worgen path and Alliance path has different events, if you chose one you will lose some events only the other path could do.

This is what i have at the moment atop of my head, more in the future to come.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Skillerino

It sounds really nice i would also want to ask you if Gilneas chooses to kill the infected doesn´t that mean that they will have to kill pretty much everyone?Also Gilneas is allied to Alliance even when they are cursed so perhaps give the embraced worgen chance to summon Goldrin or something if u r planning on making it solo path?Also won´t it be a bit unbalanced for Gilneas to fight against Forsaken+legion in the early game if his units will turn hostile and he´s solo for 5/10m
  8. Harald

In this case not everyone is infected, but if you decide to purge them you will be weakened for 5 minutes. Forsaken is meant to go and fight against Scarlet and Scholomance, Worgen is the solo path for Gilneas and is advised to go for it if both focuses you. Killing the infected and joining the alliance is meant to have a higher pay off in the end while worgen makes you powerful instantly. Goldrinn is on the agenda

Gilneas provides a good economy in the begining and gives him the oppertunity to stay on the defensive becuse of the Greymane wall as its the only way in except if you use ships
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Skillerino

Are you gonna make some alpha test in form of forum games or are you afraid what happened with KTA will repeat as well?
  10. Devolver

Devolver

But what about scourge and cult?