1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy Update #3: Magni Bronzebeard, The King of Khaz Modan.

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Krotos, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker L:TA Dev

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 19 / -46
    That was Sieg's ultimate as far as I remember - it's flawless indeed. Knockback spells never lag unless written in a horribly poor manner.
  2. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

Ratings:
    +473 / 49 / -76
    I like it. Very original and fits him perfectly.
  3. ImSoDamnedLaz

ImSoDamnedLaz Communism wasn't THAT bad.

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    This seems a little...overpowered for some reason. Does the e ability deal 100% of the spell's damage...because in that case it can be a liiiiittle bullshit. I feel as though some abilities dont deserve to be aoe just because of their damage. Then again, some spells appear to do damage in intervals rather than at once, so im curious how they will react. I might just be overreacting about this update, but i hope it works out nonetheless.
  4. Krotos

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 19 / -46
    This works only against single target spells that target him directly or multi-target ones, which target Magni. Stuff like Flamestrike or Rain of Fire is unaffected.
  5. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Kel'Thu-freakin-zad, Lich Lord of the Damned Shaman Donator

Ratings:
    +996 / 8 / -8
    Actually let's think about old Magni - all he did was holy light and insane ultimate, yes you get weaker ulti with this rework but Magni will actually do something before level 10... a good deal I'd say.
    • This This x 4
  6. Krotos

Ratings:
    +1,312 / 19 / -46
  7. Manetho

Manetho Führer of The New Order

Ratings:
    +1,901 / 84 / -119
    I think once people are used to it people will either not use spells on magni in huge battles or use a flame bolt if they are good enough, so I think that spell won't be as major as it looks here
  8. Mangros

Mangros Save the Alliance, Save the Dream!! Brigand

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -1
    Hmm healling and ultimate is pretty op gg dwarves again :/
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +2,234 / 24 / -102
    This is the only concern I have as well, given that Warcraft 3 is not always the most stable engine, as sometimes seen in replay casts (last game I recorded had some weird graphic glitch around Tyr's Hand, when Scarlet Onslaught fought a massive Alliance army, while ingame messages stated that this was also visible during the actual game),
    but I trust Krotos that he's capable of solving this thing.

Before relasing this version with the new heroes, it might be good though to do a test match with trusted LTA players though, where you actually play an entire game seriously to the point where Magni actually gets his ultimate and uses it against a full army. Guess there's enough capable volunteers from all sides, while you should take probably the best players from all available clans (or even clanless chaps, which are well-expierienced, if you know them) to do the task. Then it's almost guarenteed, that it will be a test game with a lot of units on all factions and then you also know whether Magni's ability crashs the game on full magni-tude (lel) or not. :-)

I assume I don't have to explain this, as this method is always the best way to go for map testing + was executed in similiar ways during the past,
    but before further arguments in this direction rise up, it's better to actually proof the theory by practical means than argueing about it pointless over several pages before actual release.

So, for now I trust Krotos on this behalf, while hoping that the actual test in the end also ends up successful.
    • This This x 2
  10. Manetho

Manetho Führer of The New Order

Ratings:
    +1,901 / 84 / -119
    Ohhhh yay propaganda time
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • What? What? x 1