1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legacy Update #3: Magni Bronzebeard, The King of Khaz Modan.

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Krotos, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +983 / 5 / -23
    Too many aoe affects imo.
    Also it seems op when you combine him with other dwarves heroes + alliance.
  2. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

Ratings:
    +2,388 / 84 / -135
    How about nerf in other Alliance heroes then? Why do all nerfs to the Alliance hit the dwarves
    • This This x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 56 / -130
    I dont know ... maybe becouse the dwarves can be considered a solo power in their current state ?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

Ratings:
    +2,388 / 84 / -135
    Without dispell? Dwarves are heavily dependant on keeping all their heroes alive, both brann and Falstad are normally unrevivable, and a lot of unit types are bound to them, removing holy light will increase the death rate of them by alot. Even then you still have to consider the Dwarven build up, you might say they have double siege, but so does legion and Light Blue. Also Dwarven units averagly cost a lot more than the units of other factions, admittedly, the footman has purge on his axe, but 23 gold?
    You might say that dwarves have solo capability, I would say that is by far not the case, at least not since 1.17 or whenever they got nerfed. If I think about things that are strong in the dwarves rn it is cloud that both red and LB have too, additionally on a unit that they can build more off and immediate zeppelin drop that will not only get fixed, but that Gileas has too. On the other hand his casters have 2 effective spells, since heal is just a placeholder for "does nothing" hence why it gets removed once lb goes Draneis. I never heard someone saying "I am not going Draneis cause then I lose heal" heal is a leftover spell from melee where you have 20 units instead of 200.
    The other spells are fairly enough but tbh, dwarves have a very serious food cap problem, I don't get to build casters when I am defending because I need to have 32 food for towers and another 48 for lumbering Khaz Modan. So that makes me ditch the casters as a whole, add this in combination with the lack of an effective dispell, which admittedly the horde shares too (earlygame) and you have it.
    The main reason the dwarves can somehow stand their ground late game is magni's ultimate, but that is getting removed so that leaves the dwarves with, above average, but not automatically the best siege, the most expensive melee units apart from Lordaeron foot man, I honestly didn't go through unit to unit comparison to see if the dwarves are worth their money, a plus is certainly that instead of 5 upgrades you only have one for armor and you can ditch magic. Another + is the long stuntime that the Explorers have, but that doesn't help you in a battle, it helps you after you have won one. The other Dwarven heroes are not weak, but definitely not strong, as of rn branns ultimate doesn't work, and I don't know any particular strong spell he has, you can drop baelgun in The back lines, that is strong, but in many situation a spirit link or a mass heal like on Drekthar is far more useful, a mass dispell like on geyah, also dwarves have no "op aoe" that people tend to complain about, apart from magnis ultimate that is getting removed.

So after taking all of this in context

Where do they have solo potential

Did you see dwarves solo 2 players ever?

Propaganda time for me to clarify that "the best players from all available clans" don't include BotR or UoS
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  5. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 30 / -105
    ?

If I say, that I trust Krotos and suggest a test game, composed out of good players from all Clans to proof Cynical's doubts (another one, lel),
    how the hell do you compare this to propaganda?
    Should Krotos and Draupne organize a test game, I assume it will have pro gamers from all kind of Clans, BotR, TNO, UoS and others most likely included. And BH inhabits map makers like ilusioner, who actually have made expierience with how triggering spells works properly - so sorry, if I just wanted to help. Don't see the deal here. ^^
    I neither mentioned BotR and UoS - I mentioned no Clan at all, because I know certain people might feel triggered about the simplest things in life.
    I know several good players on this forum, among them Nalesean, ilusioner, KPwc3edit, Vidovit, AriusSunking, Mesis, Krotos, Uther01 and you as well. Given that I am in BotR, I do know of course those guys, but am aware that UoS might also offer good players - and neither do I doubt in the skills of TNO players as well.

So if I was vague, then simply because I hate name dropping.
    Given that I was apparently too vague - well, here is the list of people, I would recommend for a testing match to ensure that each faction actually has a capable player present to ensure that he won't get exterminated within the first minute, so Magni and other new heroes can test out, whether the Q and the ultimate would crash the game on full limit or not.

How is this not simple to understand? ^^
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  6. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,923 / 99 / -132
    I think it was a yoke? :| :p
  7. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,066 / 18 / -51
    @Tdmien123
  8. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +2,939 / 30 / -105
    More OT than actually contributing anything at all.
    I'm aware that it wasn't completely serious, but I gave actual feedback to Krotos, which had nothing to do with Clan stuff. See my edit above, why I wrote down things this way, so yeah.
    Don't think I need to evaluate this further. ^^
  9. hexaotl

hexaotl Brigand

Ratings:
    +82 / 2 / -15
    Does Magni have a bit low damage? 40ish seems a bit low

I see no probelms with the first spell as it only makes them move normally away from the source, his ultimate though I can see being somehting that should be tested in case
  10. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 21 / -48
    He is not meant to deal damage - he'll have a huge healthpool to make up for it as well as huge survivability. 43-48 is relatively high for level 1. He also gains 2 damage every level.