1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leya The Winter Guard Open Blog [Hive Cinematic Competition]

Discussion in 'Parko Entertainment' started by Parco21, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Parco21

Parco21 Brigand Map Maker

Hey everyone! Just a formal announcement that is letting you know that I am creating a cinematic for the contest! I'll be representing Brigands Haven, and Parko Entertainment. So far, I've got a bit of work to do, but here's a bit of information of what I plan to do, and the progress I have made so far on it.

The story will be of Leya, The Winter Guard. A creation of mine from a Hearthstone Card Creation contest (That I terribly lost due to my failiure to consider wording) that answers the question: What's to stop just some ordinary shmuck from killing Bolvar and becoming the new Lich King?

The story will be taking place as a sort of flashback within the halls of Icecrown Citadel. It tells of how she was taken from childhood and put into the training of the Kirin'tor. There, she fell in love and studied within the halls of Dalaran. After it's destruction by Arthas, she fled with the rest of the mages from Dalaran and eventually New Dalaran is formed. The Kirin'tor heartily push back the Scourge, gaining vengance against the Lich King. After his death, the Kirin'tor observed Leya's power, and instead of making her a high position of power within the Kirin'tor, set her to the dreaded task of guarding Bolvar until her death. Melaie, a wild creature of Northrend approaches her and she considers destroying her out of pure anger. But as she gets close, she looks into it's eyes and sees her mothers. She realizes it was sent to remain as her friend and protector in the cold, by some unknown force, or perhaps fate. They stand together, as the Winter Guard.

I hope you enjoy it, and here is a teaser photo of what I have so far complete.
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
  2. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Looks like shit Parko, Icecrown didn't look like this at all, I suggest using a lot of custom models. - It is just a cinematic...
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

Double post ftw! Triple I mean...
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

I don't know what you're talking about
    Parko Edit: Yes you do April....
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. balnazzar.

balnazzar. Chemical Brotherhood Brigand

He know! *Run for hill* Wait why I am running in the first place? Shouldn't I be in . . . OH NO! GET THESE FREAKING SPIDER OFF OF ME ALREADY!!
    • What? What? x 1
  6. Parco21

Parco21 Brigand Map Maker

You know, there's a little thing called 'Authorial Interpretation'. First of all, I wanted a unique look. Second of all, look at the last one that won. Didn't need a bunch of custom models, did it? Even then, I am using custom models, just not for stupid things like Icecrown walls when the inplace stuff looks just fine. There's not even Icecrown Citadel walls to begin with for models.
    >Never posted that edit.
    No idea why Kal disagrees with it.

Either way, it's at least an entry and it looks damn good.
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  7. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b Hive Community Manager

If you win I'll permit a BotRRulez thread on Hive.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hawk

Hawk The Old Lion Map Maker

Okay then, guess we are calling @Marshmalo to finish this. BotRRulez needz to happen...
    • What? What? x 1
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

I've been taged here and summoned to this thread but I donlt know what it is I'm meant do hawk lol

Anyway, from the teaser screenshot youve given it looks great so far Parko! Good luck with this!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Manetho

Manetho Super Soldier Brigand

Hawk says you should also make a Warcraft cinematic, $150 on steam are in after all
    • This This x 1