1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light-evil

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Devolver, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Devolver

Devolver

how do you think about the light
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

It's like asking if religion is evil. Some use it for good, some use it for bad.

While a majority of users of the light use it for good. The light itself doesn't see any action as good or bad. All it cares about is that you believe in it and that your conviction to it never falters.

That's why users of the light like the Scarlet crusade can still wield the light even as they burn down a village full of humans. They still believe in that what they're doing is the lights will.

And as Arthas began to lose his conviction in the light as he murdered the innocents of Stratholme. So did his connection to the light. Not because of what he was doing, but because of what he was thinking.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  3. Spampolice

Spampolice The Whispering God Shaman

i mean i would never agree with a dane. But when it comes to.
    Light and Void are both, at their extremes, outright evil. The "purest" versions of them cause mayhem and chaos to living beings, since living beings themselves are the creation of their clash. Stray too far from the middle, and living creatures suddenly find themselves changed, not for the better.

apparantly death is the final enemy of everyone tho so death magic = big bad.
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

My mum told me when i was a kid "all extremes are bad". And in wow they are going this way, both void and light are opposites and can be good if controled or bad if they control u. Indeed in blizzard universe, the most extreme magics are light and void, both opposite to each other and the most dangerous to azeroth (our reality and world). The most natural magic is the proper world spirits: earth, fire, water and air, wich conform the world. And decay, since natural life has a cicle of life and death.

Then, you have "other dimensions of the world" wich are Emerald Dream (the untouched perfect world) and Shadowlands (the world of the deads). Away from that you have 2 couples of opposites: order (arcane) - disorder (fel) and life (nature) and death (necromancy). Finally, the most external powers to Azeroth and so the most radical and dangerous for it, are the final couple of wich we are talking about: light (holy) - shadow (void).

Every magic has its "most expresion": titans, burning legion, undeads, void lords (creators of the old gods), wild gods, naaru and undeads.

So yes, both light and shadow are dangerous and may be evil. You saw Illidan killing the top naaru cause she wanted to enslave him... Maybe the difference is light approaches races "giving presents and using a nice face" so it convinces them the light is the best for them and turn them in zealots or enslave them, and on the other hand the void approaches with offers of great power and threats of great suffering. But in the end, all zealots are bad.

The important thing is... Where will we live once Azeroth is born and the planet is destroyed?

You can see it in this canon pic:

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

LIGHT : PURGE THE HERETICS
    Evil : Darkness shall reign !
  6. Talinn

Talinn Map Maker

I really like this picture, possibly my favorite in all of WoW lore but they should have named the center-piece something different. By definition "Reality" should include stuff like the Shadowrealms and the Emerald Dream.
  7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Im not so sure about it being wrong. I mean, the elemental planes are other dimensions, and emerald dream and shadowlands are other planes of our reality. So... May be fine, is hard to say. But yes, the pic is cool.
  8. Talinn

Talinn Map Maker

Even if you have a dream, strictly speaking it is still part of reality as it is part of your subjective experience. Shoulda named it corpereal reality ^.^

Plus all the magics are outside reality, wttttf?? The circle is so small ;DD ??
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

But Emerald Dream is not a simple dream, its indeed another plane of reality, with its own rules etc. There are beings living in the Emerald dream that doesnt exists in our reality.