1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at and Examining the Loading Screen Disconnct Crash.

Discussion in 'The Third War' started by Sukramo, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

Ok, so today I set out to crash my wc3 while playing Genesis. Normally I always restart my wc3 and never ever crash, either in fatal error or the load scren.

Well today, the first game I joined after not restarting....I loading Screen crashed as intended. This is what my screen looked after the crash (Swedish)

[​IMG]

And here is the actual crash report attached. I wanted to copy the whole report but it is too long to fit. I intend to have wise people at Hiveworshop and elsewhere try to tell me what it all means. Because clearly, even with everything I have done, not restarting between games is still a death sentance.

Attached Files:

2. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Most likely the ammount of custom models, as it's a similiar problem with LTA as well.
    Or how much files are in actual Genesis MB-wise?
    Usually games tend to crash often with these kind of maps, as it's not solely LTA and Genesis.
    • This This x 1
  3. Sukramo

Sukramo The Sane Map Maker

The problem with that theory is that Coming of the Horde has more custom models and skins than Genesis and a bigger file size and that map has no loading screen issues or fatal errors. We do. And LTA does. And LR does to a lesser defree too. And we need to figure out how to work around it or we cannot build the grand visions of maps we want to. There will always be that one guy who does not restart wc3 and ruins it for everyone with an 11 players start.
  4. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Well, Comeing of the Horde is as far as I know just 256x256 big, while Azeroth Wars' and LTA's map borders are stretched out more due to the extended editor - that probably adds a lot into the sum as well, as I remember LTA beginning to crash, when it got expanded. Prior versions had far by my knowledge not the risk of crashing.
    However, I don't know it for sure, as CotH is more close to the original Warcraft-cliff style and does not seem that big, compared to Azeroth Wars.
  5. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

CotH is better triggered I think, and has far simpler terrain, and also AW has some "dust" everywhere and probably still has leaking triggers everywhere, meaning the only way to get a truly clean version would be to copy paste everything into a new map.
    • Informative Informative x 1