1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord of Outland more factions, but how?

Discussion in 'Lord of Outland' started by CazDawg, Jan 2, 2016.

1. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

We currently have our six factions, but we feel that we still have open space that wouldn't used by the six factions. We could easily add more factions but the problem is they would not fit in the balance of the map, they would always cause disruption in fights, making it impossible for the faction they choose to attack. We are asking if people have good ideas how we could add more factions without completely ruining the fights.

P.S. We were too tired when writing this.
  2. AngusKirby

AngusKirby Grgmrgl Brigand

Can you tell us what the factions are and who their enemy is?
  3. CazDawg

CazDawg Lazy Australian Map Maker

4. prematoupalik

prematoupalik

I would stay on 6 factions if you originally designed this map for 6... games will fill fast and you get half chance somebody will leave/get error
    You can add observers which can take control of leaver/errorer
  5. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Having read through the factions, I don't see anything missing. I'm not saying there aren't other factions in Outland - because there definitely are - but indeed, they are not relevant to the whole Illidan vs. Magtheridon vs. Night Elven Hunters storyline.

Keep it on 6 - already far too many 12 person strategy maps out there.
  6. jack07tr

jack07tr Guest

Horde with Thrallmar and Alliance with windrunner hold and alliance expedition etc and perhaps Shattrath.If ya really need factions
  7. Woodenplank

Thrallmar and most of the Alliance Expedition (2.0) shouldn't be around at this point in time. Remember that they only showed up in Burning Crusade - when Illidan fled to Outland after his failiure at the Frozen Throne. This map takes place in a campaign prior to this.

Shattrath, however, would be around at this point (I think... ?) - but I don't see how it would fit into this map. It would just be kind of in the way between Shadowmoon and Hellfire (Where I expect the fighting will be going on, yes?)
  8. jack07tr

jack07tr Guest

Alliance expedition was made during second war though Thrallmar was indeed in TBC time but hey gameplay>lore

The Alliance Expedition,[1] also known as the Draenor Expedition,[2] or the Alliance expeditionary force,[3]was a military venture to the orc homeworld of Draenor following the Second War, with the goal of reclaiming the Book of Medivh from Ner'zhul, and stopping the orc from opening portals to other worlds once and for all.

*After dark portal was destroyed along with sons of lothar left in outland until TBC timeline when dark portal was reopened and gameplay wise it wouldn't ruin other fights since they'll be busy with eachother
  9. Woodenplank

Hence why I said "2.0" in the parenthesis, refering to the second round - the ones that came along with the orcs in Thrallmar and what not. But indeed, members of the original lot (Khadgar included, for instance) would be around.

Who'll be busy with whom?

@Bram51warcraft
    And more importantly, where is everything going to be? Are we going to have the whole of Outland to conquer, will Illidan+companions spawn in Hellfire? How many others start in Hellfire?
    Spam us with map information! :-)
  10. jack07tr

jack07tr Guest

Well extra faction is really necessary Horde could have Thrallmar though I agree not lore wisely accurate but with remaining of Alliance expedition from second war they would have their own starting fight and stuff if not maybe arakkoa with Shattarah city.