1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lordaeron Path Suggestion

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Grobak, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Grobak

Grobak

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi all!

One of my favourite factions is Lordaeron. However, its faction paths and units could use a little work, so that you get a reward for defending the kingdom, and in late game, your army wouldnt wipe to almost any army.

First and most important thing is that there is really no point in defending terenas. You get no reward, for surviving. Only your evil path is available, but why would i chose that when i succeded in defending the king. The only reasonable thing to do is to let capital fall just barely, and recapture right away. Research new lorderon and restore with garithos. However if highborne falls into blood elves, they get kicked out. The only upgrade you get is the lordaeron footman. To be honest, new lordaeron as it is now doesnt stand a chance late game.

There should be another path. A full good one. If you manage to defend terenas (or maybe terenas, andorhal, and stratholme together) for a given time, lets say 15 mins, then you could chose to go full good path. Get the lordaeron foorman, maybe an ugraded knight like tha paladin knight for silverhand. Keep arthas and get a new hero instead of Garithos. Then it could be a challange to not to take frostmourne but destroy it, getting a bonus to arthas.

Stormgarde Alliance could give you a new unit type also.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +457 / 16 / -68
    No.
  3. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 18 / -51
    The Point of defending the capital is to prevent scourge/evil from ruining one of your better bases and getting the crown which is really good. Terenas is also tied to some of your things and even abilities on elites if i am not wrong
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  4. Spampolice

Spampolice Einhärjar Shaman

Ratings:
    +1,354 / 29 / -120
    While i agree there's no incentive to keep capital alive and well for too long ( beyond what harald mentioned ), if you intend to be as strong as you can be. I have to say that Lordaeron Footmen are more than strong enough to go toe to toe with even a bloody Abomination, and the knights are also just all around dope when upgraded, despite being rather standard knights.

A late-game ( 20 mins or so in ) unrevivable Nathanos aswell as holy arrows would be a good incentive to add some late-game damage / expansion on the "basic" DG path.
  5. Koganesaga

Koganesaga

Ratings:
    +161 / 3 / -5
    I've stated in the past that Lordaeron is a poor representation of the power it was in the actual world. With stormwind being in tatters after the second war, Lordaeron was the greatest and most powerful human kingdom barring the possible exception of dalaran. The primary reason they were so easily ravaged by the scourge was their constant hesitation to take action. For example, arthas was struggling to hold Hearthglen, but once uther got wind (via jaina) he showed up with a battalion on knights and wrecked shit. Then there was of course the politics which we saw during medivh's pleading with the king to flee west which played its role in impeding Lordaeron's action. This is a country that is probably the greatest military might in the eastern kingdoms. Their troops are well trained and equiped in a way that no other kingdom can even compare to, not to mention the silverhand.

To that end, I'd like to see not a path, that would be.......meh, but an upgrade. On the condition that Terenas is still alive (once the king is dead and the capital has fallen, they would be too disorganized to do this) around 20 minutes, new tech would be available called "Call to Action". This would bring Lordaeron's full might to bear, upgrading the footmen to their Lordaeron variant, and maybe not upgrading the knights to a stronger variant (which I REALLY think should happen, but has been declined), but at least give them a stat boost and an ability. Maybe a passive, like pulverize, and/or a chance to ignore damage. These upgrades would ideally be tied to the capital and the king, and lost should he die. I would also say that DG should lose the ability to produce knights (as training and armoring and man AND his horse would be nearly impossible in such a crippled kingdom), but that could be too much. This represents Lordaeron in disarray, and would likely be the point where DG should choose to path. If they choose New Lordaeron, they can regain this tech once they restore the kingdom.

I think this would satisfy those who want a "Lordaeron" path while making them work for that strength. At the same time, they would also still likely be forced to path once the capital falls, something the rest of us want. This comes with the added bonus of maybe New Lordaeron being more common instead of rogue prince Arthas.

This does come with the problem of capital turtling being even more likely than ever, not to mention with its increased import that alliance members would be more likely to support it. This is solved by the same solution as always, ignore the capital and sack everything else. While dg sits in his pretty little doom fortress, unwilling to leave for fear of attack, the land around him shall burn. Then it's just a matter of using superior economy to either destroy Lordaeron, or take out larger targets nearby until you CAN destroy Lordaeron. This means that while they sit in their comfy turtle shell, they will grow weak and withered, not to mention probably get yelled at by their teammates for doing nothing. Meanwhile anyone who saw that coming gets smug self-satisfaction.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -1
    I love dg too ^_^
    My suggestion is kultiras path. When dg do new lordaeron he will have only garithos + galen if stormgarde happens. Than dg get GRAN ADMIRAL OF KULTIRAS DAELIN PRAUDMORE
    Q Chain heal
    W roar
    E endurance aura
    Ultimate ability For Kultiras (daelin summon 3 banners, this banners heal nerby units and give +8 armore
    Sailors replace footmans (better than footman more health damage + defend ability
    Marine replace knight more health damage and armore exorcism ability i mean the drunken haze ability 30% chance attack will stun enemy and reincarnation ability 10 or 5 % chance the fallen marine will be back to fight for kul tiras
    Pyromancers replace hydromancers the same ability but pyromancers summon 2 not the best fire elementals
    Replace hawks with kul tiras zappelins damage little better than gyrocopters
    I hope this is good suggestion
    Sorry for bad grammar i am really tired + i write on phone ;)
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Grobak

Grobak

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I like the Kul Tiras option. What i like in this game is that you always have a choice. Strategic choices with nearly all races. Except for lordaeron. About the knight "fully ugraded". Legacy of lordaeron, animal war training. About 1300 health, no skill. VS the Paladin of the Argent Crusade: Really not a hard path to research, just takes a little more gold than the Lordaeron upgrages BUT has like 1600 hp and direct damage spell.
  8. muhlta

muhlta

Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -5
    DG's melee is trash compared to Silverhand and so is his hero squad.
    Basically Lordaeron DG is inferior LB at the moment.
  9. Koganesaga

Koganesaga

Ratings:
    +161 / 3 / -5
    Holy shit, totally forgot marsh gave kul to dg. This could be a possibility, but I thought we were trying to give that back to purp to act as a buff for worgen who are entirely crap by comparison.

I don't see why kul would have pyromancers instead of hydromancers, especially when I'm 70% sure that the nation of kul actually practiced hydromancy, so prob leave them with hydros, and maybe buff them if anything.

Exorcism on marines doesn't make sense, but maybe drunken brawler, and I guess the chance reincarnation could work, but it's a crappier version of the scarlet ability.

Not sure if sailors would have defend, can't imagine naval warriors using any kind of shield really.

Despite the critiques, and assuming we're giving up on giving kul back to purp, I'm on board with this. Would still like to see lordaeron properly represented strength wise though.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -1
    I mean marine ability will be drunken brawler and it will be work like exprcism ablity - model gilneas knight
    Sailor - model like lordaeron footman from lta when sh restored lordaeron
    Hmmm. I have new suggestion. Replace kul tiras path with night elves path to gilneas. What i mean. Give velinde starson as new hero with scythe of elune. Night elf archers replace militia archers, add new troops night elf priest, give balistas max 6, hunters max 12.
    If we add this to gilneas we can give kul tiras path to new lordaeron.
    Sorry for bad grammar;)
    • Like Like x 2