1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lordaeron: The Aftermath 1.54e changelog (1.54d)

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

Ratings:
    +238 / 3 / -5
    You halfly misunderstood me you started doing balance- cp regen,disabiling Wretched if i recall correctly,nerfing or making changes for which no1 asked for - recall the time BE Archers shot cost 60mana per shot ik uve increased it's dmg but still or big bad voodoo instead of wrath of hakkar just so many unwanted stuff or limiting workers to 30,giving teal free Doomguards then giving oj like 20+ units in the outland,changing chaos dmg to do idk how much was it 50-80% of the dmg against buildings,heroes and so on,movement and collision of many units were changed no1 wanted it you did revert some stuff back but imagine without doing those unwanted things and focusing only on what people wanted it would prolly have twice the amount of players it had at 1.51 just my opinion tho
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    The issue is how I worked, I tested the ideas that came to mind, and reverted what didn't work. I eventually obtained a bad reputation because of that.
    If I did just small changes I wouldn't have tested removing San'layn, giving Dalaran benefits for betrayals, reterraining dalaran or things like Lordaeron palace invulnerable towers or all the rather drastic buffs I gave to a lot of the solo factions. All of which I think are good changes.
    This came at the cost of the certain versions of the map having other drastic changes that weren't good, like the BE arrows, or the low hero damage to buildings and the CP regeneration and many more of course. All of which I reverted, but they are things I'll be remembered with :D
    I wouldn't change how I worked even if I knew this would be the result, and it is how I'll work on any other maps I'll have. But I just won't work on maps that belong to other people anymore because there is there is the feeling of risking the popularity of the map that isn't mine, which is something I have no desire to face again.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Oh @SvnmS @Yousef is Spectator spots now possible since 24 player is added?

I don't see how adding it would cause a problem. It will help streamers and YouTubers out. Specially with Tournaments.

Also sometimes when you don't feel like playing, It can be interesting just to spectate (Can help new players too since Multiplayer straight away can frustrating for some people). I found that Maps like LTA are incredibly fun to watch. I rarely ever watch game play of other people unless I need it to learn something. With LTA/LTF/AWLR etc I can watch matches for days and still enjoy most of them due to way alliances and teams are set up.

However tho I wonder is it possible to block the spectator from Whispering? I don't see a logical reason why the spectator would want to give information someone and ruin others game as you can do that as a normal player anyways to much better extent. Tho there isn't too much information anyways a spectator can give anyway, most factions pretty much have infinite reveals or map hacks. Hey best example can be zoom, He gets streamsniped all the time and yet still wins. Potential chance of a spectator being a douche bag won't mean much.
  4. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    There are many upon many changes that SvnmS did better for the game. Just because you disagreed with them does not make the game bad. The blood elf archers have been nerfed many times even before svnms was the main editor. I abused the crap out of archers and the stealth mechanic having 9 control groups of archers that would kill high level god tier heroes in like 10 seconds flat. Sounds a bit broken right? The entire lumber for gold is the most retarded and broken thing in the lta / ltf games and i honestly believe they should be out right removed all together, but i don't think its going to happen so the limit of workers was a welcomed change. Warcraft 3 is a ancient game, plus LTA / Ltf is one of those games will people will keep playing it for days before getting burned out so it will have spikes and drops of how many people are playing that week.

I'm not saying SvnmS is perfect but he's one hell of an editor and a good one at that too, though i wish the current editors would put san'layn and risen back in >.>
    • This This x 1
  5. Catan

Catan

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So now i can finally go Fel Illidari?
    Yay Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,975 / 64 / -139
    @SvnmS
    Cult of the damned
    Dalaran Exile
    1. Cloud Blight : damage increased from 15DPS to 20DPS
    Poor Lighting Shield
  7. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    San'layn, Risen, Three men horde, Fallen nerubs alliance etc are not to be left out forever. They are just currently imbalanced and abused heavily so editors took them out. There can fixes and limits placed on this alliances to make them fair then they can be placed into the game.
  8. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    I know why he did them, it was annoying blood elves giving up without trying and go san'layn so they didnt have to fight the undead just making them that much stronger with well and lich king. I know the editors are working on blue, gray, teal, and orange pretty hard which should allow risen and san'layn to make a comeback.
  9. Skillerino

Skillerino one fool once told me have faith in humanity

Ratings:
    +238 / 3 / -5
    Acually at least for me that´s not what have gained "bad" reputation for you tried to make the map better in your imagine and was willing to usually change back the stuff sooner or later but what imo got you a weird reputation was as stated previously was unwanted stuff certainly there were some good things which you have added but ehm the unwanted stuff that you have put in LTA outweighted it (i´m not trashing you just stating my opinion and as stated previously you did revert it sooner or later) also there are like 100+ pages of wanted events for LTA many which were liked by many so imo you could have taken inspiration from those once again i aknowledge that you were the map editor so you could have turned LTA into a RP map if you wanted so.For me you will be remembered as a editor who tried to change LTA in his image but also well ehm usually listened to the community so overall a nice fellow who tried to do what he saw as right.

Well certainly he did some good for the map.I´ve never said that my opinion is the truth and that i can´t be mistaken or that you should take my opinion as everyone´s else opinion.Same stuff was possible with forsaken´s archers back in the day sure nerfing them a lil was the correct move but he went all the way around to find the path sure it happens in most cases you try and try till you will succeed or drop it but imo he could have just went straight for the finish line.Trading lumber for gold was essencial for quite the amount of races in LTA well limiting the amount of workes forces you to micro them so i suppose it´s good in some way and bad in another.Well he certainly knows his way around editor and map making in general also i´ve never stated that he was bad.And i agree with Sanlayn and risen as they were fun to play but risen would need more stuff since they´re quite unfinished race imo.
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    Idk if I ever mentioned this before, but your decision to limit the workers was a great one. Just wanted to mention that :}