1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR: Shadow of Isengard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marshmalo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

LOTR: Shadow of Isengard
    Isengard Smaller.jpg
    "A new power is rising! Its victory...is at hand! This night, the land will be stained with the blood of Rohan! March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive! TO WAR! There will be no dawn... for Men!" - Saruman of many colors, The Two Towers.

New Lord of the Rings Map by Marshmalo
    [Release date: Soon]
    Link to latest version : Coming soon

MAP SUMMARY: LOTR: Shadow of Isengard is a grand strategy map set shortly after Saruman's betrayal and the industrialisation of Isengard.

It is a non-spawn build map, players can build encampments and train their own armies with resources generated through Control points and lumber harvesting.

It contains events and advanced upgrades similiar to LTA but does not include any faction paths or betrayals. The game is designed to resolve itself in under just one hour, it is not meant to go on for hours.

The victory conditions are simple, destroy all your enemies fortresses to win and claim middle earth for Sauron, or restore it to the Free Peoples. There are five capital fortresses in the game currently but more may be added later, a fortress acts as your factions capital. Not only does losing a capital bring your team closer to defeat but it also has ramifications for your ability to field armies.
    The game mainly focuses on the battle between the forces of Isengard and Rohan but also details the struggle between the forces of Dol'Guldor and Mirkwood which we do not get the see in the movies.

FEATURES:

PLAYERS: 9 (May be expanded later)

GAME TYPE: Army building with limited base building

ECONOMY: Control point combined with lumber harvesting (Like in LTA/LTF)

HEROES: Most heroes do not revive, each player starts off with one but each faction can gain an additional hero through events or special upgrades.

VICTORY CONDITIONS:
    Good vs Evil, first side to destroy all enemies major capital cities and fortresses wins the battle for Rohan and Mirkwood.

FORTRESSES: There are currently 5 capital Fortresses ingame: Edoras, Lorien, Helmsdeep, Isengard, Dol'Guldor.

FACTIONS: Rohan, Rohirrim, Mirkwood Elves, Fellowship, Ents, Saruman's Forces, Dunlainlings, Witchking, Easterlings.

GRAPHICS: HQ textures and buildings but standard quality WC3 models with custom skins. Ability and spell affects will be alot less flashy than games like LTA.

MUSIC: Map contains music extracts from the original LOTR Trillogy Music score by Howard Shore.

SCREENSHOTS:

Orthanc, Isengard
    LOTR1.jpg

Dol'Guldor
    LOTR3.jpg

Edoras
    LOTR4.jpg

Lothlorien
    LOTR2.jpg

More info and faction detail will be shown when the map is closer to release! Thanks for reading.
    • Like Like x 19
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Holy motherfucking crap
    Graphics are on point but ...
    First thing I'm thinking is balance, and to start on its 9 players .... so while on the books/movies the Good Side seemed to be overrun each time, I think it will kinda look the opposite for the map
    Even though you give better economy, stronger and larger armies for evil, do not forget that more players means better control over the Good Side
    But we'll see, I'm really looking forward for this map
    And it might as well come out sooner than TES :p

This Izengard omg, never thought it would have been possible to reproduce it so nicely
    Even though it's my favorite LOTR faction, Dol Guldur looks really good as well, and can't say which one I'll try first :p

Anyway, nice work, and keep it going !
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

JFC Marsh, slow down a little with these maps.

Jokes aside, this looks absolutely insane - it's hard to believe this is still Warcraft 3.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  4. Onyx

Indeed, graphics have a better quality than BFME2 LUL
  5. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Dips on Elves... I mean... I love the idea of combining LotR and Marsh maps.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  6. Excalibur

Excalibur

Nice terrain.
    I thought there would be the capital of Gondor.
    I did not expect it to happen at Isengard.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Jesus lord holy moly
  8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Awesome as always ^^.

Some suggestions in case they can help u anyway:
    + Rohan is the full country, if u want to split Rohan in 2: (Theoden and Eomer) as it looks like for "Rohirrim", u may call one "Rohirrim" and the other "Eorlingas" one for the Hosehold guard (Theoden), the descendants of Eorl (as they called themselves) and other for the army of Rohan, the "Rohirrim" (the army of Eomer). Both together living in Rohan, the land and kigndom.
    + The Witch King was living at Mordor at this point of the history, the leader of Dol Guldur was Khamûl, the easterling. Another Nazgul.
    + Isengard is AWESOME, 100% accurate, and im eager to see Helms Deep, idk where do u get those doodads and models :D. But Dol Guldur is supposed to be a HILL, not a flat terrain, i like ur design of the fortress a lot, but maybe making the terrain mire "hillish" would make it so perfect as Isengard is. Also, Edoras is in a big hill over a great plain, i see u represented it a bit, but the hill is supposed to be more steep (with the center with the golden house even in higher terrain).
    + Finally, Lorien is not the fortress, Lorien (or Lothlorien) is the FOREST. The city is called "Caras Galadhon", and it looks nice in ur pic, but is supposed to be surrounded by deep pit with a river with a bridge to cross it. Would be a great defensive point agaisnt dol guldur :-)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Onyx

Not 100% Sadly, where's the barrage? :p
  10. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

I really like this. Never would have expected it could be done in wc3 and look this good at the same time.

On a completely unrelated note:
    download.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 1