1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR: Shadow of Isengard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marshmalo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Probably not shown because they wanted to put more focus on the Uruk-hai I guess in order to represent the massive threat Saruman posed.
  2. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

your not getting the point! I am asking are e doing it movie wise that saruman's forces will only use uruk-hai or will we use book forces
  3. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

obviously bookwise, because the movies can't show everything.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bram51warcraft

Bram51warcraft Lore Nerd Brigand Map Maker

*facepalm* why are u even answering this , are u developing this map? has marshmellow told you she will be using half orcs or such?

have the rosters been revealed?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Chill boyz, wtf?
    • This This x 1
  6. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Yeah, we are all friends here. :D
    • This This x 1
  7. Tdmien123

Tdmien123 Kahuga Brigand

We are?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

Well, the people who can use microphones are. :confused:
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

BFME has some great models, I think the Dol'guldur models are rips from that game, but I don't have any custom models to represent Erebor in all its glory and if I put it in at the top right it could start to make the map look very clustered.

Haha thanks! I hope to have this released before christmas so just in time for santa claus.

Yep Witch King will be a late game hero and game will start with Khamul and one other unamed Nazgul hero. Regarding new factions there are some nice ideas there and I like the posibilty of spliting Easterlings in two so evil team has an extra player. But in order for me to get a beta version released in 2018 I'm going to have to just keep it as is it with the 5vs4 divide.

Umbar is a really cool faction but its base is so far south on the map I don't have room to add it, but I could give Mordor the option to gain some morder corrsairs or something as a bonus. There are lots of things to consider there when and if the map gets expanded to include more factions so thanks for the detail lore suggestions. :-)

Thanks, I havnt designed Helms Deep yet, I think thats going to be the most difficult for sure!

Oh I will be using a comination of movie lore combined with extra content from the book lore, as there are many changes which Peter Jackson made which I completely agree with, although LOTR purists may not like.

And regarding the Shadow, I'm not refering to Sauron in my title, the word shadow is meant to represent the darkness which Isengard is casting over the Kingdom oh Rohan. I suppose I could also argue that Saurons presence is in Isengard due to Saruman facetimeing Sauron through the Palentir :-)

Yes they get abit more screentime in the extended edition too which explains Sarumans role in enthralling them to join his side.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

@Marshmalo

If u want ideas for late game... Her goes some of them:
    + If you add Vale of Anduin or u add Dale as a splitted faction from dwarves, u can give them the goal to "Restore Rhovanion". A great human kingdom, so powerful as Gondor in the past, but with no numenorian blood. Who fell agaisnt the easterlings. It was between the Misty Mountains and the river Celduin, gathering the men of the Vale of Anduin, Mirkwood, Dale and the wastelands that now lies between Mirkwood and Mordor.
    + Eryn Lasgalen (The forest of the Green Leaves). If elves manage to destroy Dol Guldur they can cleanese the forest and reunify it once again. Maybe giving a boost for them to be able to face Mordor or giving some extra units. If lorien and Mirkwood are split, in lore, was Thranduil with his mirkwood elves who formed it.
    + If u cant add Umbar and Harad cause its too southren. You can give Mordor "upgrades" to get troops, boosts and reinforcments from different regions, like: Corsairs of Umbar, Men of Harondor (mix of gonforian style and haradrim), Haradrim (from harad, those seen in the film), Beast of Far Harad (troll-men and mumakil) and maybe even Black Numenoreans. Meaning that as long as the time passes, Mordor becomes stronger and more dangerous, giving more and more threat to the free folks of the middle earth. A coutndown for freedom as in lore.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018