1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA 1.54+ Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, May 5, 2018.

1. ShadowBro

ShadowBro

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -5
    Maiev rescue event ( from outland) can be triggered multiple times - even if you already rescued her
  2. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    @Spectator That has nothing to do with your physical memory. I think that crash was caused by a leak of some sort, cause a trigger or action that is bugged and is impossible to execute, but the game still tries to execute it and fails = crash. :/ It probably does not have anything to do with your PC specs, but if it did mean memory then it would be referring to the working aka, RAM and not to HD memory. I think even an infinite amount of RAM could not stop a crash like that. :p
    But good on you to report it since it says exactly what line of code caused it to crash.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    Some trigger is leaking, Probably the legion pathing triggers, @Yousef can de-activate them for the next version and see how that goes. I have no idea why they leak though, they shouldn't unless some units are being removed without being killed, which rarely happens in LTA.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Thanks for the help, I can see what happened now.

I just wasn't sure why was it me who had to crash both games being on blue. I checked the games on stream, nobody else seemed to crash afterwards. I did not even touch outland portals :D. I have a 16GB Ram, I highly doubt other people I was playing with could have higher RAM.

So my best guess is the crashes is purely random then? It's not related to RAM or Faction or what you are doing before the crash? It just crashes cause of a trigger leak and the game decides to drop one player on random? I guess it was just bad luck it was me twice in a row on scourge, got LK in both. :(
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +496 / 31 / -31
    As far as i know, memory leaks are not due to your RAM max size. But the memory w3 uses from ur laptop. It is programed to use X amount of it, to do its processes, and if the game exceeds it, it crash. Ofc we are talking about memory leaks due to too much triggers or stuff working at the same time, or a bug, that makes w3 engine cry and collapse. Not talking about people playing in wooden pcs that explodes when a simple fight occurs. But with your 16GB RAM we can discard the "wooden pc" option :D.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Spectator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Hmm I wonder if there is way to increase the X amount Warcraft is programmed to use? It's probably too technical for us.

Yea the crashes I had were not in big fights or anything, it was actually moments were it was pretty quiet and i was not doing anything.

One Thing I still don't understand is why is it a certain someone crashes? Shouldn't everyone crash at the same time if the Leaks are too much or IF a trigger is looping or if a trigger is referenced to a non-existent data? I have seen it where everyone crashes at the same time and that makes sense.

However It makes no sense to me why I for example dropped in that game and others where fine, even the leak was caused by Legion portal triggers??? Shouldn't everyone drop? This is why I still think Makemehost or the connections have something do with this since It doesn't make logical sense, specially since I probably was the one in game with highest RAM.

If you actually look at the error MMH gave when I Crash it is: Elucinator (host's name) : "iliya has lost the connection (connection error - ECONNRESET)

See it talks about connection, IT was not a Desync error. Tho not my internet connection was fine since I was on Twitch and it did not interrupt or anything so It was not my interest's fault either. It surprising even tried to reconnect me for 1 second before dropping:
    upload_2018-5-18_4-35-37.png

@SvnmS I just realized, apparently the last trigger to go off exactly before I crashed was IronForge being destroyed. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. If you want I might be able to get replay from Zoom and check exactly every event before the crash, do you reckon that will be useful?
  7. Spectator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    @SvnmS Sorry to bother you again and Sorry for Double post, Can't edit on phone atm. I was just wondering are you sure crashes have nothing to do with GetLocalPlayer() functions? I know disconnects related to player specific events are technically meant to come up as Desyncs Not a disconnect but Just want to be double check. Maybe not all the triggers that are player specific with GetLocalPlayer were made compatible with 1.49?

It's just I don't think The Legion portal triggers you added are really the reason and don't want you to have to remove them without proof since those triggers are awesome.
  8. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    I'm not sure, I think it always comes as a desync, unless the actions inside a "GetLocalPlayer() = Player(x)" condition causes a crash by itself.
    But the possibility that it is legion pathing triggers is still high, so de-activating them to see if they were the reason and re-activating the if they aren't should help
    • This This x 1
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    The time counter and CP counter used to be combined into the same thing, now they're kinda next to each other and colliding a bit. I know it's a minor thing and that it happened because of the 1.29 Blizz patch. :p But still if you could just make them the way they were before it'd be perfect.
  10. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    Portal from nerubian dungeons to icecrown wrecked my forces because the bulk of my forces decided to go through ulduar instead through the portal. HELP!