1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA 1.57+ Bugs thread

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Feb 12, 2019.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 14 / -40
    I'm making a new bugs thread for visibility.
    I posted in the 1.54 thread, but I'll say it again since few people probably check that, I'll be making a bug fix version for LTA, I need the list of bugs and whatever information there is about what possibly causes them.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RedPandaLT

RedPandaLT Brigand

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Make the map from scrap that should fix all
    • This This x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +243 / 7 / -25
    The funny thing is that it wouldn't fix all because Blizz can fuck anything up at any point in time. :p
    Also remaking the whole map takes like 12 minutes, and ain't no body got 12 fucking minutes of their time to spend on that. (and if they would to make it form scrap, that only makes sense to start after Reforged is out, and after a few patches in Reforged cuz we all know games these days don't ship bug-free at launch :D)
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  4. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +243 / 7 / -25
    Alright then here we go:
    The Far Sight ability on the Frozen Thrones is keyed to Q but Raise Dead is also keyed to Q and Raise Dead take primacy over Far Sight thus making it inconvenient to use Far Sight cuz you need click it manually to use it.
    Summon Water Elemental for Naga Sea Witch (elite unit) is keyed to E but Mana shield is also keyed to E and ofc again, the less useful spell takes primacy over the more useful spell and when you press E she just casts Mana Shield (also the usefulness of mana shield is very debatable on this unit... it doesn't even tell us that the unit still takes damage just slightly reduced damage but for losing mana. pretty useless on a caster unit who needs dat mana anyway :D) -.- Her Slow Poison passive ability tool tip says that she decreases attack speed by 0% which isn't correct lol, Idk how much exactly but it does decrease attack speed by 10% or 20%. :]
    The healing on Rommath is keyed to W but the spell is on the spot where you would expect a Q-binded spell to be. Soo, either just move the spell to the place where a W would be and place Brilliance Aura on Q spot or key it to Q :-)

Shadowsword Summoners no longer crash the game which is nice but they still have an old tool tip from the days when they had summoning spells. (I think their current skill set is better though ofc :-) )
    And for Fel Elves elites, the Fel Sorceresses, their aoe healing ability says that it should do dmg to themselves while healing your units but in fact it only heals without damaging her.
    Also the ability to sacrifice your units on Fel Kael (to give Legion 25 gold?? lol) is pretty useless :D idk why that's in except for flavor...
    - A tool tip lore explanation for Alar would be nice, it could explain why he can't go through portals and that the only way to get him to leave Outland is to use a Scroll of Teleportation to tp him out.

- Mephistroth isn't colored to blue.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. RedPandaLT

RedPandaLT Brigand

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    why are you even fixing this
  6. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 14 / -40
    @SUNSTRIDER Not super eager about fixing tooltips I'm more worried about crashes and gameplay bugs. But I'll certainly look at those since you made the effort to list them, big thanks !
    @Tdmien123 Don't just post about a "dalaran bug" and disappear :D I haven't been playing LTA, what exactly is the dalaran bug. And are there any other crashing issues ?
  7. Tdmien123

Tdmien123 Kahuga Brigand

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -12
    Its simple, If purple goes new dalaran the game just closes for everyone.I played with flotsie 2 days ago as Dark horde and purple didnt go New dalaran for that reason. But i did have a grunt at the dalaran dungeons and i see rhonin channel the spell and thats it. I did play 2 more games after that and so far i didnt find anything elses that crashes the game.
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +243 / 7 / -25
    Clicking on Troll's Ice Priests causes an instant crash (the classic caster unit tool tip crash). :/
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +243 / 7 / -25
    Now here's an interesting one.
    You can't ally Forsaken after going Illidari BUT you can go Illidari after allying Forsaken (and still be allied ofc). :]
    You will get your Illidari units basic, lose Rommath and Lothemar Theron (shame for losing Lothemar though :p I don't get to see him much) ofc, but you will still be allied to Forsaken, now this works as it should. But I also think that you should be able to ally Forsaken after going Illidari as well. :]
    Basically it would be the same result in the end except in a different chronological order.

(Edit: though maybe the only difference would be if you keep Lothemar or Vash, depending on what order you do it in, like they replace each other so you don't always exchange Loth for Vash, if you get Vash first and then ally Forsaken then Loth should replace Vash. :-) that way we get Loth a bit more representation instead of Vash always taking priority)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +243 / 7 / -25
    I want to suggest something, I've suggested it before but my suggestion for it is off cooldown now so I'll cast it again:
    - Can we please remake the Troll God's summoning requirements to something less tedious?
    Having to take a break from microing my army every minute to summon a worker then press Q and click on him to sacrifice him, then repeat that 10 times in as time-efficient way as possible is just stupid. It doesn't add anything to the race except making it boring work, and no other faction has an equally tedious mechanic!
    If you want to delay it, just make so that the ability to sacrifice unlocks after 15 or something minutes, then have it have no cooldown so we can just sacrifice 10 units in a rapid succession and be done with it!
    Is there an actual reason why we can't have it be simple like that? Too easy? well then make it so we can't sacrifice workers and need actual units this, will make it slightly more expensive. But don't balance something out by making it boring and tedious. :D lol
    I mean, right now, if I play as Trolls, I never even try to summon any demi-gods, I just use the money from dat research for other stuff and forget it even exists.

(oh and pls read my edit from previous post about Loth and Vash =) )
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019