1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA Expanded Test

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Marshmalo, May 3, 2015.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,210 / 12 / -17
    I am hoping to expand the terrain of LTA so the map uses the max size, this will allow expansions of certain areas, make the map look less cluttered and will also make it more lore accurate as right now Northrend is just a small hop away from Lordaeron.

I've included 3 pictures, first is how LTA looks now, second is with the borders expanded to the max and the 3rd is a projected view of what the map will look like if this change goes ahead.

Annoyingly the editors limits wont allow me to expand the borders west or south, so I will have to expand them East and North and then move the terrain myself. This is obviously alot of work, so before this happens I'd like to have peoples feedback and also ensure this map size increase dosnt put too much load on peoples computers.

So if anyone has time I'd appreciate it is they could download the LTA expanded test map and just load it up on Warcraft and build an army and see of they get any extra lags or FPS drop. Basically I need to know whether this change will cause lag.

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/253378/

Current Map:
    LTA Current.jpg
    Expanded:
    LTA Expanded.jpg
    Photoshoped version of what map will look like:
    LTA Expanded02.jpg
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,785 / 32 / -69
    This sounds absolutely wonderful. I'll test it tonight. I imagine this wouldn't have too much of an impact on people's performance providing one's computer isn't a potato.
  3. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,184 / 18 / -51
    I think it's a good idea but i would wait with it i think, at least untill dark horde arrives
    • This This x 2
  4. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,858 / 25 / -213
    agreed no drastic changes until 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Cynicaldoubt

Ratings:
    +2,785 / 32 / -69
    I imagine this would need to be done now, to give a bit more room for Outland terrain and ensure Outland is done justice in terms of aesthetics and quality.
    • This This x 1
  6. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,858 / 25 / -213
    outland doesnt look expanded on the picture
  7. Cynicaldoubt

Ratings:
    +2,785 / 32 / -69
    There would however be the potential to expand regions, such as Zul'Aman as well as Outland. Currently we don't really have that luxury in terms of space.
    • This This x 2
  8. AngusKirby

AngusKirby Grgmrgl Brigand

Ratings:
    +426 / 4 / -10
    I just tried it out and everything seems fine. I get no lag, but the first time I tried to load the map i got an error, but that is just probably my common LTA error problem.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

Ratings:
    +268 / 6 / -12
    I hope this means a possible northrend remake/AN/Ulduar/OL expansion is happening? Maybe my dreams of blackrock/icecrown instances as well?
    Though on a serious note, I think that if you're doing this, you should try and rearrange the instances as well. The enitre area west of blackrock will kinda be useless, even if the rest of OL is double the size of what people would presume it'd be.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,040 / 6 / -23
    I will test it out now.. but Marsh you might be getting yourself in too much trouble for low gain..
    I agree some parts of Northrend need a retterrain but Lordaeron itself is mostly perfect.