1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA - Wanted Events, Factions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by TheKaldorei, Jan 15, 2018.

1. solomon_wreath

solomon_wreath

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -1
    So i've posted on cult before but i have some slightly different suggestions compared to last.

Same as before ( cult starts with 3 heros instead of 2 or upon researching the book upgrade that opens portal to northrend from scholomance ) gains araj the summoner (with necromancy abilities)
    Noth- Ultimate changed to plague monsters (summons 4-6 plauge monsters that can infect enemies with parasite that turns units into mutant zombies) (wights) (timer 120 seconds)
    Normal elites stay as they are (liches remove that golem spells and give them raise abomanations permanent) like in older vers this will limit frost nova spam as well due to the summons costing 250 mana.
    Removing dalaran exile and having a new spell caster ( scholomance necromancers) these necromancers are more advanced in their knowledge of necromancy and can summon mutant zombies (wights) with 120 second duration limited to 12.
    Sludge belchers move back to 12 limit.
    A next level of raise dead like in LTF improved version of skeles.
    The whole stratholme slaughter house idea is rather bad as it means grey has to camp until he has 4 liches before doing anything unless risk having it killed so.... liches to now be created on scholomance main building same mana and mana regeneration this way grey can always get liches if he loses them.

Remove dar'khan this guy.. well its hit and miss with him as you cannot always have him as a hero can go for wretched only.
    Araj to be in his place

Baron to be revivable as long as stratholme slaughter house still stands.

Upon collecting the 3 fragments to have a choice of heros not just patchwerk as he is actually rather bad to be honest sure he can take a ton of damage but that is it really he is slow and makes your entire hero squad slow down (lady deathwhisper or heigan the unclean as another possible hero once the fragments are collected? )

So when blue gets killed grey kinda stands no chance on his own pink/grey alliance rarely happens as it's not that strong compared to pink joining horde or elves so....
    Cult of the damned solo path.
    Upon blue dieing (ner'zhul death) grey can activate his solo path making kel'thuzad overlord of the scourge and renaming as (kel'thuzads scourge)
    This will empower raise dead by making them permanent (yes alot of skeles running around) but pink has this already and they are dispelled and have summoned armour)
    This will make grey a strong solo faction along with having frost wyverns.

Overlord kel thuzad

Old spells
    Frost nova and council

New spells!!
    blighted ground (targets an area that deals blight damage over x amount of seconds) anything that dies inside turns into ghouls (120 second duration)
    (Ultimate) Service in death( 10% roar damage buff and raises every corpse in the area as permanent skele warriors) normal armour cannot be dispelled (cooldown 5 minutes)

Seeing all the new changes to other factions playing as cult feels rather boring with nothing new and seeing as i mostly play cult would be nice to see cult get some attention for a change.

I'll be uploading a new scourge change this week as well i hope you guys like at least some of my ideas and hope to see some in or all :-)
  2. Equinox

Equinox

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -4
    Why are people against 24 players? Adding more players just allows more people to play the game. I am often not able to play LTA because I only like 3-4 factions and they are usually always taken up in every single lobby. I get the orc factions have players, that's fine, or the undead ones. But they're not my cup of tea and I usually dislike their positions and what they have to do to win. It's just not my fantasy.

So I have stopped playing LTA because I've already done all the possibilities. Sure every game is different.. But more oft then not most games are extremely unfair. If just one player leaves or just one person even goes a specific less-used path it extremely fucks up the state of the world and free south's or someone sneaking into the Sunwell makes it not fun at all. You are also left with 2-3 players in like thirty minutes with completely locks on the game, but one of them has a massive advantage by just teching up usually.

So since I don't have available access usually to the factions I prefer, and the wackiness of the game no longer surprises me and I am versed in its possibilities, I think the game should be certainly expanded and 24 players is an extreme goal but it can be reached. Or at least broadening the factions.

I want every corner of the game to be a tiny 1v1, with some portions being 2v2's, and maybe even a 1v1v1, I want to have every theater to be a hellspawn battlefield of glory and death where the victory has other regional rivals after he is done. I want the sweeping power of a win in your battle to be less effective because there are so many other players that they counteract each other much more easily. I'd also take away Sunwell and some gods until its been accurately fixed and fair. I play LTA because of the immense amount of strategy and scale of the board, I feel in control, having a less bases and barely any second chances won't remove this. Often when I lose in a fight I just go fuck off and stick to my allies or try and eek out a living in some tiny corner of the world. Which never works, its never fun, but the gameplay curates that experience.

Warcraft is harsh. Factions die. Players should too. And as well, with so many factions, but with smaller scale of the field, it is much easier to balance say Gilneas vs Forsaken instead of worrying about Forsaken vs Horde.

Another fix to this situation if the Devs dont' want to break it all up (Don't see why they wouldn't its fucking awesome to have a 24 player game and if you don't agree you can fight me.) is to just add hero factions. I guarantee I and others will totally play the shit out of them. Don't allow them to capture CPs, their income is purely wood lets say, they can build a group of elites and they have small events that they have to travel across the world for that benefits their mother faction or some of them can go rogue. That is TOTALLY what LTA is all about, making your own path and fighting off your enemies wherever you choose. So either way, the amount of players should increase. The fact this is not being looked at is unacceptable.
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    I like how you begin your post by saying you only like playing with 3-4 factions but you want to have 24 factions, lmao. :D
    • This This x 2
  4. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 30 / -105
    24 players in LTA wouldn't work for multiple reasons:
    - unstable map when it comes to adding more triggers and events according to the editors - thus making it impossible to fill the map with more content than it currently has.
    - if you turn each event faction currently into a player faction, faction shifts would become rare and thus makes the game more dull to play. One of the main reasons why people want to play LTA is because of the variety of paths each player can go. With 12 more players this wouldn't be possible.
    - There's barely place for more factions within the game as some players would start with 1-2 CPs in certain areas, thus making it more of a hell to balance out the game.
    - 1v1s as you wish them to take place would hardly be a thing to happen as more players means more potential actions to do for people with these factions.

Pretty much the main reasons why it's unlikely to happen.
    • This This x 4
  5. Equinox

Equinox

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -4
    Having two silverhands or two elves or a dalaran and a gilneas would much better fit my style, and allow me to choose one of those at an easier interval when the games are hosted, rather then being those factions being locked down in the first five minutes and everything else listing away slowly.

-If you split the content equally those triggers and events would not be lost, they'd actually be seen a lot more. You don't need to pair every faction to the same level of content they have no, it is unsustainable as it is pairing everything equally.
    -People play LTA because it is a large scale resource-manager paired with a bit of diplomacy and narrative heavy strategy. This would be magnified even further with having more players. You can have a scarlet crusade and an argent dawn. Having this weird cycle and balance that makes both options viable is impossible. One option is the best one, and the other is only available if desperate conditions are met and is unfun simply. Plenty of factions don't even have thee real factionshifts. Strategy is fun because it takes thought. Make the fights more interesting with higher skill caps. Don't make it a meme fest chocked full of events that are impossible to predict(also why is 12 the perfect number, tell me? Seriously, 12 is a completely arbitrary number construed out of the constriction of 12 players for a full lobby. If WC3 had started with lobbies of 24 players.. The final number of factions would not end on 12.)
    -Create more CPs, simply, with a lot of them being worth less. Easy. There's a ton of places to create natural fortifications or CPs that are simply not taken. But this would require better&more detailed Terrain, obviously.
    -Zul'aman vs Quel'thalas, Strat vs Tyr's, Andorhal vs Hearthglen, Capital City&Deathknell vs Dalaran&Worgen, what else do these players have to do? Stromgarde vs Hammerfall.

Most factions in LTA shouldn't be allied even their bases within each other. The scarlet crusade and argent dawn are in active conflict. Garithos is a loose cannon. The trolls all hate each other. The Kingdom of Stromgarde is independent. Northrend is a mess.
  6. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 30 / -105
    If you split everything equally then there wouldn't be any events at all. Thus making the game quite dull.
    What you propose rather takes away a lot of strategy possibilities as every game would feel similiar. Kinda contradicts your previous statement. You should rather play Azeroth Wars LR than LTA if these are your demands, because LTA seems to be the wrong custom game for you then.
    The terrain is not the problem, it's space - which isn't available. Don't know what you're dreaming, but there are barely possibilities to place down more CPs - not to mention the lack of space for new bases.

There are no pre-set fights within LTA as the map was never designed that way. Some regular startups like Gray vs LB or Brown VS Yellow VS Green happen, because of events and the actual benefits, if you win this initial fight, but nothing stops Pink for example to attack Blue first instead of Purple and neither is Green bound to fight in South as most times Horde players tend to leave South because they don't see the benefits within this starting fight.
    Imagine additional 12 players and it would end in utter chaos, making it even more likely that players give a fuck about initial fights and rather mess up someone else in order to get his CPs.
    Regions like Stromgarde area are too small to even bother fighting over it for 10 minutes during the early game + some positions like Heartglen would be overrun within seconds by the stronger opponent.

While when it come to alliances, you would still expand them as people expect simply by lore standarts that the entire Alliance is allied up with eachother, if you would add more Alliance factions. No matter how you would do it, it would make certain teams bigger than others, thus taking solo factions at an even bigger disadvantage than before.

Trust me, what you propose wouldn't work out the way you imagine it as you tend to think in terms of players and positions, but you don't consider the actual map and how it is structured within its own meta.
    • This This x 2
  7. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    How about opening up the cancerous choke points tied to capitals which slow the game down to 2hr + Until Game crashes?

Here are some examples:
    Undercity, Dalaran, Azjol-nerub, Deepholm, Mardum (unkillable), Sunwell bridge, Ironforge, Shadow forge (it got improved a bit), Yog saron's pit, Maghar base (edit: that got fixed nvm),

Don't give the Bullshit these choke points offer tactical value cause they don't. They are pure cancer since there is no tactics apart from 1. Spamming through a meat grinder that gets AoEed down for 2 hours until game crashes.

Here are two qualities that make a choke point cancerous:
    1- Is it the only way tied to an important capital that you need to kill to win the game?
    2- Is the campers ranged unit are at an advantage in comparison to the attackers?

If yes the choke point should not exist!

There are choke points in game that are important and offer tactical value. e.g The one tied to Trisifal monestry. And there are choke points and need purging. e.g Undercity

Now I understand some choke points like Dalaran or undercity are there to stop those cities from getting steamrolled early. However that makes no sense. Choke points become OP late game when heros get high levels and gold difference does not matter, which means those capitals become immortal if camped and since The only way to win in LTA is to kill enemy capitals, The game WILL NEVER FINISH!
    IF you want A city like Dalaran to last early but not be Unkillable late game, it's a simple: Widen the choke point but increase defenses. Defenses that are good Early to mid game but not Late game. This way those cities won't get snowballed while they won't be unkillable late game.

@Yousef Not sure if you watched @zo_Om 's stream recently. However IF you watch him play LTA, you get a new feeling you never felt before. It feels like the urge to vomit or diarrhoea but it's not exactly the same tho similar. It's a feeling Only LTA can give you with it's unfinished 2hr + games. I personally just like everyone else call gg and just leave game when I see someone camping in Dalaran or Undercity in late game and expects me to spam him. However think of @zo_Om , He can't just leave game in stream, has to endure all that cancer. If he gets brain cancer cause of this, know you could have prevented it!

In Short LTA Does not have a winning mechanic apart from destroying enemy capital and killing off their remaining heros so they become extremely useless and leave. However when you unbreakable one-way chokepoints, games never end until map crashes. I think your first steps as editor is clear to prove yourself, There are also some bugs you need to fix too and tool tip problems as well.
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    The only thing I don't like is the new Nagrand - transformed from an awesome open field to a horrific choke-point festival. :/ Even though Maghar base now has two entrances and is thus harder to defend a lot and also Oshogun is down south where it's of almost no use to you -.- in defending Garadar.
  9. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    i hate how important heroes units and stuff are tied to buiildings kept alive... remove those and people can iniatate the fight anywhere and where ever :D. But i know this wont change and you will tell me why and how its not lta, but i think it would be cool if i could up and abondon death knell and start else where without losing sylvanas's windwalk, or the apothecary. If anything losing the building makes reviving the hero cost twice as much or 5x as much make it important but not that important.
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    Also here is a cure for Legion's cancerness of staying late game tping, CP sniping and being a dick in general: Remove their Astral Walk ability after 90 minutes of the game. :D maybe even replace their elites to something army focused at that point too. A far better choice then just nerfing Twisting Nether defenses.