1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA - Wanted Events, Factions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by TheKaldorei, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Nope, Gotta allow them to be destroyed at their main base. No faction is immortal forever as every faction is able to be attacked at their Capital. Legion should be the same.

It's not about CP snipes, It's about the fact that you never bring the fight to Legion. While Legion can always bring it to you. Even in LTF Legion is far easier to kill. Idk How LTA is behind LTF on even simple issues...
  2. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    If legion starts annoying me repeatedly i bring mah huge army with lots of siege and open a portal and kill kil'jaden, then legions gone buh bye or i'll bribe a stronger faction to do it.
    • This This x 1
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    It's not that hard to kill them, if you pick a moment when he does not have an army there to defend.
    Just need to snipe the keepers at the entrance.
    But my point was that if he couldn't tp all over the place for an eternity then there wouldn't even be a need to bother with this. And it is a bothering thing to do after all. :]
  4. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -2
    there is always a way to kill enemy capital or siege succesfully even against dalaran (Zoom didnt go ice trolls that game and lost his heroes for free) people complaining that it is imposible should learn better strategy then charging straight into death face.
    in conclusion instead of being warhammer 40k ork be warhammer 40k spess elf and learn to fight properly
    (unless you are dg if u r dg then get brawlers and launch waaagh :D )
  5. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,975 / 64 / -139
    I will need a slave editor, good terrainer that can terrain in Marsh style, Hawk and a small donation of 1 million infant souls to make the greatest W3 map that has ever been seen.

The main issue in LTA are portals and moving through them. One of the main reasons why nobody wants to attack Legion, it is just a huge pain to move a force large enough through while being bombed by Fel keepers, not to mention it is more or less impossible if he has towers or army there
    • This This x 1
  6. solomon_wreath

solomon_wreath

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -1
    Changes to scourge to make him more unique !! :D

Abominations removed (cult only) this is because abominations were and in fact are cult invention they made them not the scourge... replacement (skeletal constructs) remove limit from 2 damage from siege to normal and redesigned for early tank units.
    new units (vrykul) warriors,berserkers, spearthrowers and vrykul necrolytes/necromancers that can raise varguls from corpses. ( remove necromancers cult only)
    (Frozen throne) new ability (plague of undeath) spreads plague from the throne onto selected location turning all who die in the area into zombies (120 seconds duration) (range all of northrend)// this will give scourge another way to hold the throne and repel invaders if they enter the lich kings domain.
    New unit ( val'kyr) scourge version limit 5 (spells raise dead, drain soul (works like drain life)
    Arthas starting point north of mardenholde (with cult starting with andorhol)
    New unit ( undead beasts) (with a demi hero gluth) (limit 5) as their were only a handful to exist.
    ghouls removed (given to cult) bone golems to replace
    New unit oozes (carry plague and can detonate to deal devastating damage turn all units nearby into monstrosities ) limited like hordes exploding balls.
    New unit wraiths similar to banshees (scourge version)
    new unit (giests) same as ghouls in damage and role.
    (rothide gnolls with thule ravenclaw as a demi or hero) ??
  7. ShadowBro

ShadowBro

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -5
    like sieging FT isnt too hard for now ;fff
    there are already fallen heroes ;f
    rest are good/fine

I would like to see more specialization objected deathknigts as elites. At start scourge could make only 3 unholy DK, after doing some Objective he gets attotidional 3 frost ones , and for another one he gets attoditional 3blood ones
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +646 / 16 / -55
    Yes he Could go Ice trolls and eventually, Still wouldn't change the fact the siege would take hours. Plus he could just camp in his hole and survive forever as well. resulting in a match with no result.

Also note this is a macro map, If you can't win in the open and have 0 chance of winning in the open. You shouldn't survive forever in a little hole cause of bad Base defense design making you Overpowered. Gold difference should actually matter in game.

In Azeroth Wars actually doing something like that is impossible. Only LTA allows for this sorta non-sense but I guess cancerous long sieges and unending games are CORE part of LTA and changing anything that is core part of LTA is highest Heresy since it was god who designed the fundamentals of LTA.
  9. ShadowBro

ShadowBro

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -5
    Hmmh giving purp falstad, galen & maiev while aliance betray works fine forn gilneas - really really good . But imo not soooo good for dalaran (they have problems with upgrades after dat ), sooo my idea is dat making solo path for dalaran or just purple as kultiras. "Kirin tor mages are leaving alliance to defend themselves, Alliance has to deal with their enemies alone.". If i good remember Kaldorei gave us some idea about "reworking" kultiras and mixing this 2 ideas may work really really nice in my opinion. :-)
  10. Equinox

Equinox

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -4
    There are a ton of events that have been cut, an even doesn't have to revamp your entire structure. Most events in the game just reward gold and some experience, adding more like these is good.

The game would not be similar everytime. There is 24 players, each with their own aspirations and goals, 'utter chaos' is correct, but that is the maximum amount of fun you can experience in a game like this. If I'm playing Alliance I pretty much know how every fight is going besides Outland. It makes the game rather dull to perfectly predict what is going to happen. I play War in the Plaguelands, which has actual strategical value, and while it's not perfect balance it is leagues above LTA at the moment.

There are a ton of unused bases, merely increase the gold count of a lot of the CPs, redistribute them, and add in some more. With more factions fighting over the precious few they can obtain it would be perilously difficult to just blob as you can do now. Heck, with so many players, gold should function as a tiered system. Instead of controlling 15 cps giving you just as much as three players controlling 5, you got a fixed rate of gold. The more CPs you obtain, the less they give you. This would prevent snowballing and while a bigger player would always be stronger they can be beaten by a coalition of smaller foes.

That's retarded. That's the problem with this game. If you go out and not fight the person you're supposed to, they just become too fucking strong. Red gets a free sunwell in like 1/3 of the games I play because hardly anyone bothers him, 100% of the time with a dropped troll player too. Gray simply cannot battle LB, travel to northrend, retrieve Naxx, and also do whatever else he needs to do to support blue while Red is rushing Silvermoon. And if Gray focuses Red he merely forces him to go Illidan, which fucks up the fight in Outland as when he does it, and if he dies he likely dies against Legion and then Legion just has the Essence ready to go. Do you see the problem here? It's functionally impossible. if there was a Undead San'layn player, he'd focus on fighting the Trolls and Blood elves, and have a base in Northrend he could retreat to as a support faction, losing probably some type of frontline elite by losing Silvermoon.

There's tons of possibilities, and the narrowness by which you think is only killing this game. People are retarded if they think the entire Alliance was working together. Hearthglen/Tyr'sHand/Strat vs Cult/Lich/Nerub/San'layn vs BloodElves/Garithos/Gilneas+Kul'tiras vs Frostwolves+Hammerfall/Kargath vs Ironforge/Venture Point+Wildhammer vs Dreadlords/Pitlords vs Felhorde/Illidan/Draenei vs DarkHorde/Dragonmaw vs Zul'aman/Jinthaalor vs Dragons
    People obviously don't care about lore if Magtheridon was fighting the Legion, or that Magtheridon was allied with Rend. Or that Gilneas was helping Garithos. Or that any of other numerous oddshit things that should be happening or not. Blizzard itself doesn't even care about the lore. Using that as a defense is a poor mechanism, and so too is the 'meta'. What meta? Oh I go camp for two hours and lul dream as nothing happens to me because my opponent decides to fuck off and go so random route. That's not a cohesive meta, don't hide behind it. This game is great. But it's also really fucking shit at times. It's time for it to evolve. Those alliances/factions I proposed work nigh-perfectly, they would just need some thought and editorial events to patch things up if players want or to go crazy if they don't. 24 player games like WiP and Diplo fill up far faster then the last 50 or so LTA games I play. There's nothing that sets LTA apart anymore, even from its own spinoffs. It's boring. Stale. I guarantee you that, as I said before, if the game was made where 24 players were available, the limit would not be ON 12 players. Stopping at 12 is simply a mistake, on all levels, and if you won't take one small step, then there must be an overwhelming step that will double the amount of content and play-ability the game has.

In WiP, even though scourge is stronger, Scarlet fills up 100% of the time faster. Alot of the time even before the Undead team even has a single player in it. This is much the same. People want to play cool factions. Forumgoers may disagree with me, as neets are, but people like paying HUMANS ELVES and whatever crazy shit that exists. I suspect the orc and dwarf factions would be the slowest to fill, perhaps trolls in there too. But spicy undeads that make sense and are a blast, with civil war mechanics for them (forsaken/nerub/archerus/san'layan coup oh yeah), humans all diverging against each other and the possibilities of a trifecta scarlet triple team? Of the dwarves getting a straggler alliance member providing them support, or of Illidan taking over outland and launching a real crusade against Northrend? This shit is unreal. It would hit those beats and never stop. The amount of strategy and precision there would be insane. Instead we have pretty much half the content ever even seeing the game, with only one path being viable for most factions, and everyone going for the same thing anyways usually. Sure, as Trolls, I can take over all the islands and I'd have like 7 cps give or take a few.. What does that do for me exactly? Oh yeah why I don't focus on that as Elves get a free sunwell or Horde gets rolled and whoever wins south gets it for practically free. This type of shit shouldn't fly.

If no one is able or willing to move things forward (judging by the amount of content from now vs even a year ago that much is evident at least) then enjoy the withering last few of you watch as the game dwindles.
    • This This x 1