1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTA - Wanted Events, Factions and Ideas

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by TheKaldorei, Jan 15, 2018.

1. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,072 / 13 / -30
    There actually is a reward for killing dwarves, if you kill ironforge you get 300 gold same thing with New Dalaran.
    • This This x 1
  2. muhlta

muhlta

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -15
    Chaos damage on Legion - succubuss in particular, along with CHAOS damage on their siege, along with SUMMONED armor. = If you don't have bunch of aoe burst damage, you cannot possibly beat Legion ever.
    You have plenty of possibilities for various alliances - and many people like to ally you because you give them free levels with KJ.
    Many factions GET STRONGER by allying Legion - new heroes, making unrevivable heroes revivable (dmc for example)
    You have safest, next to impossible to take base, which you can PERMANENTLY close from the entire world - by destroying your own portals, which you don't even need.
    You can doomdrop at any place with summoner workers from your global teleport heroes.
    You have 1 free get out of the jail card (Dark Summoning) for no particular reason.
    TL;DR: Legion is powerwise a solo race with an ability to get powerful allies and many additional benefits that hardly make playing against it "fair". You could make an argument that it just makes Legion "unique" , but the only thing this "uniqueness" achieves is make everyone but Legion and his potential allies extremely frustrated over it's current state, thought I have to admit It sometimes gives me great relief when I see Legion player get dc'd randomly, which cannot be said for any other race in the game really.
    PS: Balnazzar replacement hero spawns stuck in terrain and Outland waygates have horrible pathing issues. Could have a look on those.
  3. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,570 / 14 / -39
    Indeed, the chaos damage everywhere and summoned armor completely negates the need for any play or counter play, you just use spells or magic against legion, and you don't care about what units you put in the front.
    The next patch will make most (not all) legion units use conventional armor and damage types.
    I already said this. But the issue with the legion safe haven and the other issues are on the list of things to be taken care of, although it'll take a bit of time since it'll be on the 3rd major patch, just a little bit of patience !
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +213 / 7 / -23
    These two invoke such great sadness in my heart. :(
    Telling Kazzak to go in front of the Blades Edge portal, and he goes out the Nagrand portal and starts to walk to BE. :D
    And the fact that Mephi has not yet been colored to blue to match his Orb of Frost also invokes great sadness.
  5. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -2
    -Elven horde path has no special heroes so it would be nice to get Liadrin after taking muru for example
    -both alex and undead alex should get scorching weapons ult and not copy paste ashbringer (easy to do and makes them actually relevant in late game)
    -undead alexandros should spawn for grey when alive one dies and he should get ashbringer not renault (too many games as cult when i lb ragequits and i cant get alexandros becouse of that)
    -and ashbringer for undead alexandros should be obtainable if lb is too dumb to get it himself (its sad when i have to tell lb to get ashbringer on alex after sparing his life multiple times)
    -there could be a way to replace kael with lorthemar when playing in alliance (becouse lorthemar is way more competent/exiting/stylish just pick one)
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  6. B-Roy7

B-Roy7 Nostalgic

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    One of my favorite things about LTA are the items, im sure with everyone else too, I would like to see more items some major and minor so you can deck your hero squad with items, not being the only player left in the game. On a different note I think the addition of more islands to the map would help players get back into the game and or make a comeback. Often times after my main bases are destroyed and I am forced to take to the seas, adding more islands to take and lumber would help players with a bad start get a foothold on the mainland.
    I also agree with some of the people saying that Alexandros should be stronger, at some point I think he should reach semi-god tier because this guy laid waste to a ton of undead in the ambush, like a shit ton of undead.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. muhlta

muhlta

Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -15
    Since Alexandros was mentioned, he along with few more heroes have really weird stats/scaling.
    Maybe it's the fact that Alexandros in particular is balanced around having the Ashbringer, but I find having about 33 dmg on a melee strength hero very unsatisfying. He even gets only like +2 damage per level.
    In general, I think more heroes/abilities(passives) should be introduced to enforce "carry" type of hero. At the moment, autoattacking doesnt pay off on the majority of the heroes. It's mostly all about spells. You may think it takes more micro and skill to use abilities effectively, but that's honestly not always true. IF for example, there were more heroes who would rely on their autoattack as a source of damage, it would introduce another kind of micro play possibility - specifically, positioning such heroes in a fight to allow them to do their damage.
    The current spells for such playstyle are not really designed very well. There is spell like Critical strike with 15% chance to proc to deal 6 TIMES the damage.(max level) Instead of scaling abilities like this, they should be more consistant = eg. 30% chance to deal 4 times the damage.

One more thing, outside of topic. Death Knight and Paladin have currently very small mana pool/efficiency. They are capable of casting 1 death coil/holy light before running OOM. Having heard of the upcoming changes for mana, It got me a little worried and I would suggest you increase their capacity to cast atleast 2 of those spells before running OOM.
  8. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -2
    i just played wretched (normal allied with forsaken) and they have nothing interesting their units are bad and heroes are also unsatisfaying (no healing at all)
    maybe add something for them to make those addicts viable or are they supposed to be unplayable?
  9. Arreone

Arreone

Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -2
    maybe nice idea would be to give alex ashbringer from start and removing its aoe ability giving him instead splash dmg?
    style of playing Alexandros "hi aoe,exorcism,ult cya" is kind off not what he is supposed to be (guy slaughtered undead armies by himself) LTF did it nicelly recently by removing ashbringer aoe and giving Tirion scorching weapons ult (tho i think Alex and undead Alex far more deserve scorching weapons then Tirion).
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +213 / 7 / -23
    I have an interesting thought: Burning Legion regains it's Undead unit rooster if they own the Helm of Domination even if they lose Varimatharis. :-) ?
    • Like Like x 3