1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF 0.28Hotfix CLOSED BY ADMIN

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Yuilen, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuilen

Yuilen

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -8
    Hello, my name is Yuilen, and I've been asked by a friend to take up editing this map, because he believed it would never get fixed if someone didn't step up and at least try to pick up where Marsh apparently abandoned it. Every time my friend played the map, he would complain about some ridiculously OP, broken or bugged content (like the eye of kil'rogg sound bugs that never go away), and he eventually stopped playing it because no one would fix it and Marsh seemed to busy preoccupied with some other "new map" that didn't seem to go anywhere.

So I started editing this map about a week ago, and making some minor changes. I released a 0.28 version which was more akin to a test version (probably should've named it that) and it went mostly well in that I saw many of the issues my friend was referring to, as well as input from other long-time players on what should be fixed. I buffed the Legion in some places, slightly nerfed in others, buffed the alliance in some places, slightly nerfed in others. However, what became blatantly clear to me (and to the alliance players playing the game) was that the Alliance is too powerful, ridiculously so, and that a lot of their content makes no sense to be available within only 15 minutes of the game, considering most of it is LTA content, rather than LTF, if we go by a timeline of events.

Anyways, Marsh made some promises recently (which smell like BS, but who knows) that there is the "one last version" in the works that she intended to release months and months ago, and if she does release it, well that's grand. But I'll no doubt be adding some much-needed "changes" to that version after the fact. Marsh and co. has for the most part made clear that they have little to no interest in continuing this map after their final version release, and while I don't particularly care about "new" content, since I was asked to work on this, I might as well refine what already exists.

I posted an "introduction" of sorts here, in my defense against accusers which you should probably read: http://brigandshaven.net/threads/dead.5097/page-4

I am working on a 0.28Hotfix version which at the moment will ideally have these changes: https://imgur.com/69SSFuz

Of course, I might not be able to implement all of the portal changes and such, because I've realized that Marsh has implemented invulnerability into the triggers, but I'll see what I can do. My ambitions are small and my changes minor but necessary; the overall "soul" of the map will remain largely the same. Back to work I go.

EDIT: Oh yes, and if anyone complains about the Elf archers getting nerfed, I might remind you that the elves are largely a support faction to the greater alliance; they are not a stand-alone faction meant to be on-par in terms of physical, brute military might as Lordaeron or the Scourge. Their armies are meant to be versatile and flexible, and their wide array of faction path options allows them to handle almost any challenge even after being obliterated. On the other hand, Silvermoon itself is supposed to be a powerful, arcane fortress city, and with the multi-shot towers, I think they'll do just fine at cleaning house of any unprepared army foolish enough to assault it directly...
    • What? What? x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 13 / -29
    Closed this thread. Mainly because this version has already been found to have cheats for specific people within this map who have before abused deprotecting the map. If you'd like me to reopen this thread send me a private message. For now this is closed.

Furthermore, as long as @Marshmalo does not give the map to any speficic person, noone else will be releasing any "official" map, especially not friends of Dr.Richtoven, who then continue to ban members of this community.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.