1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF 0.31

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    EDIT: 0.31 Appears to be functioning and can officially replace version 0.27.

Link: https://www.epicwar.com/maps/287178/

Yet another attempt at LTF! This update uses Woodens latest 0.27 as its base which after many struggles I have been able to get working with the World Editor. It is a small patch and if successful will be one of many small scale updates, this means that if anything seriously breaks like it did with 0.30 me and SvnmS can find and diagnose the problem easier than if it was a huge update.

Fingers crossed this one works! :-)

BUG/ABUSE FIXES

- Game no longer Crashes when Blood elf elites or Shadow Priest creeps are selected.

- Shadow Seers Illusions spell no longer deals any damage form the illusion to stop abuse.

- Vorpil's base damage decreased from 40 to 10.

- No longer able to gain unlimited resources by unsummoning Undercity.

- Dragonmaw elites can no longer be trained at Kargath by other players for an unlimited amount.

- The Arcane Construct death sound no longer plays constantly.

- Lady Vashj no longer starts at level 3.

- Silverhand's Shatari Blessing research now correctly requires A'dal.

BALANCE

- Legion can also betray Scourge and begin the Civil war to help make the game more unpredicatble but not until 30 minutes gametime has passed (10 minutes later than Scourge can trigger this).

- Cannon at Dun Algaz and Dragons Breath cannon HP increased from 1500 to 3000 to prevent aims by air.

- Thas'Dorah Legendary Bow has been moved down to southern Mardum to make it easier for Vareesa to gain this Quest item

- Deathknell Cult base has an Eastern enterance way to make it a less attractive choice to pick. (Cults ability to pick a starting base will be staying).

- Spawns at the Noxious glade have more Death Towers to make it more attractive to pick.

- Dalarans Battlemages have been removed and the Militia archer returned to their roster.

- Armor bonus from Runed Gauntlets item decreased from 2 to 1.

- Paladin Knights base HP reduced by 100, gold cost decreased from 30 to 28.

- Gilneas City now has a southern passageway which leads to the Tree of Taldoren.

- Submarines attack DPS have been reduced.

- Dragonmaw Port HP increased from 4000 to 6000 and armor increased from 3 to 10 to prevent aims

- Syndicate/Scarlet Onslaught/Worgen/Illidari have been moved to the Neutral Renegades facion force. (This makes it more attractive for players to betray as they are more likely to find a new ally in their Renegade alliance and stops games become static and boring.)

- Farstriders upgrade for Highborne has been removed so this faction focuses on casters and stops the Trueshot aura/Mana Force imbalanced combo. (Halduron will be re-added back to Ranger corps in future patches.)

NEW CONTENT:

- New Continious event for Silverhand: Every 5 minutes Lord Uther can Rally forces at any of the 3 Cathedrals of Lorderon, granting him gold and a military force of priests and soldiers. This been added because Lightblue is often in a situation where they lack early game gold and have to resort to just using their hero squad to defend lordaeron, this now gives them a home advantage when fighting in this region as well as giving them an incentive to defend the Cathedrals. It also gives Lightblue's game a roleplay mechanic and makes them the favoured faction to stay at home and protect lordaeron while the other allies attack south or Northrend.

This ability can be used near the following Cathedrals: Tirisfal Monastery, Crusaders Square Cathedral on Stratholm, and Lights Hope Chapel near Tyrs Hand. LB will get a notification when Uther is near a Monastery/Cathedral.
    Uther can also use this ability away from the Monasterys which will then serve as a basic AOE heal spell, it will also highlight the locations of the monasterys, but becareful not to waste as it has a long CD.

- All three Lordaeron Cathedrals have been buffed in terms of HP and armor.

- WOTLK theme is back when plague launched.

MINOR CHANGES:

- Deathwing faces the correct angle

- Arcane Chrysalis spell renamed to Arcane Ward for clarity and has new model.

- Anastarans Hero icon has been restored to his previous HQ one.

- Falthrien Academy, Sunreaver Command Post and Silvermoon can train special units such as Arcane Golems and Phoenix. Keeping any of these buildings alive will keep you access to these units as long as your Faction path allows it.

- Uses correct spelling on Velens death message.

- Annoying auto zoomed Camera message has gone.
    • Like Like x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Few questions, and btw I'm currently hosting it : Lordaeron tf 0.31
    Scarlet is now Renegade instead of Old Gods?
    Dispell on LB draenei?
    Dh can still betray?
    BDF renegades ?
  3. Kael89

Kael89 Grand Admiral of Kul'Tiras

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -1
    Why dalaran get archers back ?
  4. RedPandaLT

RedPandaLT Brigand

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Worst case scenario , 0.32
  5. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +219 / 7 / -23
    How did you fix this? :-)
  6. Onyx

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Undead building sound still bugged
    Lk can keep his heroes as Fallen Nerubians
    If lk is destroyed then dg gets control of units
    If alliance has betrayed/left and dg goes ud, then dg keep his humans as ud
    Barean still bug abusable
    No dispell on draenei
    Cant make draenei eleks "cuz adal"
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. TerenasMenethil

TerenasMenethil King of Lordaeron

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So this is what I can report about Dwarves bugs :

- You can build two versions of steam tanks at your workshop. If I remember correctly, the upgrades doesnt apply on one of them, so one of them should be deleted. ( https://ibb.co/QPLc6VJ )

- The adventurers elites have two same binds, R for snare ability and R for fire camp.

- Rescue tunnel on Ironforge doesnt work even after the timer.

GENERAL BUG : - undead building sound still buggued.

As far as I can remember that's all.

Also this version looks fine and stable, thanks for the update.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. LordUTher

LordUTher The Lightbringer

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Please, add again research for fallens nerubians, it's stupid to destroy lich king if u want to play fallen nerubians
    We can already bug abuse with dark'khan for double dark'khan at wretched or keeps him with illidari or bloodelves
    Legion can respawn with the death of archimonde by a betraying of shadow council or observatory's bug same for capital city's event (balnazzar)
    If lich king is destroyed, and pink choice to join back the alliance with sentinels, he keeps undead sylvanas + nathanos and varimathras, can summon archimonde too (lol)

The rest of bugs was said by Onyx and Terenas
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Onyx

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Also for Halduron if I'm not wrng, I mean, I've seen Life_brood keep halduron as Illidari once
    Didnd't know about Darkhan tho
    • This This x 1
  10. LordUTher

LordUTher The Lightbringer

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes, u have to revive him, and do bloodelves path during the rez.
    Btw, dark'khan become fully revivable, undead can't take him with that bug, and wretched get double dark'khan : dark dark'khan and good dark'khan
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  11. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +219 / 7 / -23
    And also this what I've said before :p
  12. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    Thanks for the bug reports and please keep them coming! Remember all of these bugs were actually present in 0.27, this small patch just proves that the map can be worked on without increasing crashes or instability which is very reassuring so there should be more patches like this to follow.

I never liked Dalaran getting battlemages, they don't fit the faction very well at detracts away from it's caster focus. I'm a bit of purist when it comes to keeping the factions so they have clear strengths and weaknesses.

Well, the worst case scenario would have been me abandoning the project as this was my last attempt but thankfully it appears I havnt broken the map any more than it was already. :-)

Certain sounds are bugged since 1.30 WC client, so the only options are to edit the model and take the sound out the model, or to import another sound over the top of the inbuilt WC3 sound. I took the sound out the construct model but for other sound bugs like the undead building sound I will need to actually replace the internal sound with an empty sound file, so it can't pay another.

It's weird that I'm actually having to do this to fix Blizzards own sound bug, but I feel slightly less annoyed at having to do this knowing we are getting Reforged.