1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Available serious abusing to use silverhands (need patch)

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by ALFO, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara Spampolice's Lil Gracia Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +760 / 69 / -131
    You talk me for experience? you have no idea how qualified i am
  2. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara Spampolice's Lil Gracia Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +760 / 69 / -131
    just watch my ltf campain tomorrkw and youll see
  3. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,799 / 13 / -10
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +641 / 14 / -54
    Oh nooooooo! Now everyone is gonna abuse it so they can climb to rank 1 and gain the $1,000,000 first place Prize! Who could resist such rewards???

It's not too big deal tho, Green and OJ can dispel that thing tho its kinda hard.

Teal's dispelled of Succubus won't work on it either since its hard coded. All the more reasons That illusion spam is a lame spell and should be removed.
  5. ALFO

ALFO

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    OK but i don't think so.
    this strategy don't need special cost. just if green open gate, hawk inside and use illusion.
    besides because hawk hp is 1080, need too many dispell. but at this timing, oj, green and teal all can not have
    see video and you can judge that
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +206 / 7 / -22
    Damn, cool of you to report this. :-)
    Nice find, but now that it's known people will probably get kicked for trying to repeat that same thing.
  7. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Seems like Eagles are not just OP in the Lord of the Rings movies but also in LTF too.

I would have done that yeah (and I did it in the past), most players are fair and competitive but there is always the player who is gonna abuse the current bug available to his advantage...

I actually discovered after the 24 player patch you could teleport to any neutral building with the scroll so no location in the map was safe, from Merchants to Mardum or even inside Naxxramas/New dalaran could be abused. I told woodenplank privately to avoid games getting screw up and massive abuse, this bug lasted for up to two weeks and I think barely anyone else found it.
    • Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +641 / 14 / -54
    Nobody abuses a bug for advantage. If they do they kicked but also there is no point in abusing bug for advantage. Me and a friend literally Abused the biggest bug in the game on Stream which involved Killing enemy heros in the box, getting invulnerable heros, etc. Pretty much instant win. Next patch was 2 months later and in those 2 months there were no instances of anyone else abusing that bug. Since as I explained it's pointless since even tho it makes no sense to abuse it, even you do, you will get kicked.

It's far better to report open bugs like this so newer players know the stupid feature is actually bug and they should not abuse it. Otherwise they ll find out about it themselves and think they discovered a genius strat. (That was a lot of people at early phases of LTF with Elite and hero keeping and massing whisps as SC)

My concern is more about the Grey areas. Where you are not sure if it's a bug or balance. For example the illusion spam is not a bug technically since Marsh intended this, problem is maybe now it's imbalanced tho some might argue it's not. I used to eagle spam A long time before this as LB and no one really considered it OP, However I never did it so early in game so it's Kinda OP this early in game. Same thing in LTA, illusion spam is not a bug, some people even tell you it's not a big deal and not OP and they are some of the best players and are fine with me Illusion swarming against them in LTA.

Grey areas like this need discussion since they are not bugs since editor intended them. You gotta show the editor that the mechanic is OP while also proving to players as well and show other players agree too so it's not only you. That is why I never private message an editor about this stuff. Editor won't listen to one person, It's much better to put a discussion here even if it's obvious to you. It would make no sense for me to private message that Arcane generators are, Speed scrolls and Fel Reavers are OP. Otherwise was editors would not even use this site and would just put email for feedback in the game Loading screen. Not the best feedback process as editors only get feedback one person instead of revised feedback of many.

Only time imo is best to private message an editor is regarding undetectable bugs. Some where enemy can't detect someone is abusing such as the Gold taking through the Allied shared converting. Overall I reckon @ALFO did the right job by reporting this here not private.
  9. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    Hosts like myself out right despise bugs and exploits, all you have to do is inform the host in the lobby about a current bug that may or may not be exploited, if the Host doesnt care and lb wants to be a that guy, then make ya own game and be the host :D. I know in KTA old gods were sniping my buildings from the other side of the mountain :/, someone said that was a bug but host did nothing. I swear every time i get into that game there always some bug f'ing me in the rear.
  10. Readywhip

Readywhip

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    This map needs some serious fixing.

6 loads. every game upon finishing a load, 1-2 people crash. I havent played a full FH game in awhile now. People crashing at start is just now a given