1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF: Hopes and Expectations

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, May 12, 2018.

1. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +641 / 14 / -54
    Sentinles and New Lordaeron are stuck with alliance forever also. Personally I don't like the notion everyone in alliance can betray. I think it was a bad idea to add betrayal path for purple tho thankfully its useless since rouge alliance is a meme.
    Some alliance members are 1 at least needs to be held responsible for the alliance, game just become chaotic and eventually Scourge vs Legion since as soon alliance knows they are gonna lose the 6v6, everyone just instantly betrays. Making the alliance comeback not possible, which is a shame since alliance comeback games are most interesting and a resilient alliance always makes for interesting games rather one who instantly breaks into nothing as soon as something goes wrong.

I agree on Muru tho, the +1 is wasted since you have to use upgrade instantly if you want to survive.
  2. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,187 / 12 / -17
    I understand 14 players is an ambitious target, and when I start work on LTF stability will be my main priority. Some of the issues effecting LTF crashes and the fact is now much more unstable than LTA have been discussed in another thread and I think I have afairly good idea of whats causing them, and how to fix the issue.

14 players is a long term goal, its not going to be rushed.

I really don't know when will be the next update, there are huge hurdles to overcome first. Cant promise anything sorry. :(
  3. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    Honestly it seems very dependent on player skill, when i have a good team at my back as evil and i play a race i'm great at, we steam roll the alliance, same when i'm alliance with a good team. The only unbalanced part is the entire mess down south and the scourge's mass of units during plague but i'm unsure what to do or if its needed because i been noticing more undead failed attempts, but as i said very depdent on player skill.
  4. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I know that Woodenplank is no longer here, so this message is for future mapers. (Hello Marshmallow <3 <3 <3 <3)
    With future changes to LTF, many factions will be weakened, including Lordaeron who would lose the hydromancers, garithos and kul tiras. I then propose a compromise that would allow DG to keep Garithos, who remains a very powerful and essential hero at Lordaeron and it would be a disgrace for this proud and brave hero of Lordaeron to join Kul tiras. I would also suggest some things for Lordaeron "to stay in the race" as a member of the alliance. I don't think there are any changes to be made to the DG who betrays
    I would then suggest my suggestions by explaining why.
    ( LONGUE LIVE THE KING OF LORDAERON, GARITHOS THE FIRST )
    Kul tiras & Gilneas :

Give all worgen events to kul tiras, heroes too (delete arugal and add it in a search like rhonin, with a broken alliance condition with shadowfang's keep). Give him Gilneas early in the game. ( So yeah remove useless hostiles hostile that no one kills because everyone aim genn )

You never see a Worgen player, yet it's very far from being a bad faction, it only needs a little up. In a sense, the "new faction" Kul tiras is a perfect situation to dust off this poor worgens. By combining kul tiras and gilneas, we could get a playable faction, and interesting to play and we could see worgen, which are usually never played because Dalaran is much better. Worgens and sea guards +navy of Kul tiras will transform a faction that exists from the very first LTA into a playable faction.
    Give Scythe of Elune's quest only available for Arugal. Thus, this legendary item will only be available in case of broken alliance

Dalaran :

Removing worgen's path ( :'( useless path :'( )

Lordaeron :
    Lordaeron keep Garithos, who would be moved to Brill or the capital, or fenris keep since Menethil would belong to Kul tiras & Gilneas. Lordaeron must keep the College of Hydromancy, hydromancers are powerfull and Lordaeron can't part with it, so, just give it to Lordaeron. Anyway, Kul tiras will defend, like Silver enclave in Dalaran. Give the opportunity to create lordaeron's footman with King Arthas (So with broken alliance)

Lich King :
    Even if I forgot to say it, I will also speak here of the weakness of blue with the impossibility to make nerubians. We must find an alternative, I think that vrykuls are a good idea.
    Replace Anub'arak with Ymiron or something like that and make him revivable and improve utgarde's keep

I hope that you like these proposals and that Marshmallow will see this message
    and thanks for reading

This was my old post, from the thread of Woodenplank.
  5. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    I agree with Lord Uther on the worgen part. As much as i love worgens they are vastly inferior to their LTA counter part for multiple reasons, i played worgens once to see how it was and I regretted it and quit in the first 10 mins as choosing worgen.
  6. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I would leave faction path rework specially regarding Kultiras/Nerubians until those two are properly introduced into the game. Once in the game they will need proper testing to later give them "further" content.
    Removing Worgen path to another faction could be good but think about this, it would lock Dalaran as a Alliance only faction. In addition, it would kinda hard to give Dalaran another betrayal path aside the Worgen path since they surprisingly work pretty well together both in-game and lore-wise.
    I don't think other betrayal paths would work for Dalaran without involving some shadow council path style
    Now (and this is my own feelings) I will be very sad about blue losing his nerubian units (mostly Anub'arak, Crypt guards & Aqir Sentinels), getting a totally similar unit replacement is a deal but still upsetting. I think blue is in a very good spot in which has one, if not the best, unit composition in the game. Fair but also pretty balanced.
  7. Archion

Archion Donator

Ratings:
    +56 / 13 / -86
    bring back the risen
    or to think bigger
    focus on sub factions and paths entirely making even more of them, and give every single colour different ways of joining different teams depending on the lore etc
    make eredar socrathar a real hero

give more second chances to dead factions so the late game can be longer if they dont give up!
    make sunwell able to regrow all trees in the entire map one time only
  8. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -4
    Actually Archion's Idea is pretty Good. The Map needs more Paths, and Factions like Zaela because She is technically Lore. You can't act like Cata, MOP, and WOD don't exist just because you don't like them.
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +206 / 7 / -22
    - My reply is to quote a former American president: YES WE CAN! :D
  10. Fatcat

Fatcat Renegade

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -4
    Not adding Cata, MOP, and WOD things to your Map is like making a DBZ Map that completed skipped DBZ, and only did DB, DBS, GT, and the Movies. Actually WCIII is more like DBZ its like skipping the first three Arcs of Super. And like a the Present Day President said "Build a Wall, and make the Mexicans pay for It."
    • What? What? x 1