1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Official Bug Report Thread - CLOSED

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Burn it! Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,161 / 30 / -105
    Light Blue:
    - Eagles can't attack Sindragosa.
    - Isilien spawns when you research an upgrade. I assume it's intended, but nontheless it's more than weird to make him spawn next to the building, where it got researched. Mayhaps write it down in the text or make an extra upgrade out of it?
    - I had two different types of Paladins in my team. I assume they were the initial Paladins, because when I shifted through the controll groups, one was a different unit from the other three, even though he had the same ability as the other ones. Don't know how you did this one. ^^

Green:
    - Fork Lightning needs either a complete rework or a nerf. Right now you can kill either entire heroes with this thing or drop Sindragosa on half her health - that's how strong they are.
    - Demon Summon ability is too powerful. Replace it with a fairer ability like Teron's Skeletal summon or make the Doomguards vulnerable (though not dispellable - they need to be a small, tanky, but still beatable support force).
    - K'ure in his Void form is stronger than Decimatus: The first one offers you a 40-man TP to all different places of the world, the other one is 'just' Murmur. In aftermath I was not unlucky with Decimatus, given that my Deathknights have already a TP, but I feel like it's already okay, if the get K'ure, but get the TP removed from the Death Knights.
    - The Deathknights are way too squishy with their teleport, given that I barely needed any of my base units for pushing.
    - Teron Gorefiend is way too fast - he outruns the entire Shadow Council
    - 6 Deathknights are too much - better make them 4 Death Knights
    - Vorpil can revive Maggy again? I mean... for what purpose?
    - Blackheart can open the portal to Deepholme - is that intended?
    - Upgrades feel way too cheap in light of the enormous economy Green builds up - I think you should definitly double the prize on some of them. As well I also suggest to raise the cost of Death Knights by 50 gold - they're one of the best elites already, they might need more costs.
    Same goes also to the caster units - especially with limitations set, I think Green needs to to pay more gold for his stuff. Else he will always give it to Legion.

- The army rooster of Green should be smaller - they shouldn't have siege in my eyes nor should they possess an air squad. OJ should rather have the air squad of defending Shadow Council.
    As well it might be nice to limit the maximal ammounts of casters Green can train - right now I can spam stuff everywhere I want, TP out, focus some stuff down with my squishy hero squad while then escape via TP.
    I honestly think that K'ure should be mandatory for Green's mobility, while I would grant the Deathknights only Astralwalk. They should lead in my eyes only 2-3 groups into battle, but each casting unit should kinda have a purpose, may it be summoning demons for Teal or whatever thing. Given that Green has no initial enemy and he's basically overkilling in the South fight as well, he shouldn't have that many forces. Only enough to support Legion or Dark Horde. Like 12 Necrolytes, 12 Fel Warlocks, 4 Eredar Warlocks, 6 of the Ogres (I never used them ^^) - should be enough.

- the upgrade chains are pretty weird for Green - they suddenly have to research just stuff, which they had in LTA, but there's barely new content. Only new thing are the Apexis Crystals, which kinda is borrowed content from Brown. Imo it's good to have upgrades for the Shadow Council, but it would be cooler if it's

either Tier choices (like, upgrades where you have to choose one out of them)

or if upgrades lead up to minor quests. For example, once Oshugon got turned into a Void God, you can research another demon or something similiar under other conditions. For example, reviving the Pitlord in Outland for Green or Teal or Green has to do the stuff, he needs for summoning Kazzak.
    In my eyes that's more fun and fitting to Green, as I was during my SC game the main supporter of Harald's Legion. Especially in Formath, it makes more sense to design Green like this, given that he starts out allied with Teal and most likely will stay allied to him, similiar how Cult is Scourge's hound in LTA.

- Buildings: Too many buildings look like market places or altars. Confused me a lot, while there were also buildings in the wrong position (main hall for example not on first spot).
    Also, why would I ever build farms with the Council, like these crystals? Unless they don't give me benefits like BElves crystals, I kinda feel like it's easier to build main halls, given that they're also my lumber farms.
    I also think the Ogremound is kinda unnecessary, given that I could train ogre mages as well from my temples tbh. As said earlier, I don't see the point in giving Green Siege and air units. The only air unit I would kinda see making sense for Green would be a Sky Barge, but even then to a limited ammount, and with some micro (for example: Skybarge is pretty slow, but it has an haste ability, which increases it's movement speed to the one of a normal transport unit/zepplin for a few seconds. Or it could be an event unit - in that case, it might be cool if it also has something like Shackle or the Cloud ability). I neither mind it, if the ogre mages have to be trained at a seperate place, but then change the Mound to Beastiary icon and model.
    So yeah, kinda feel changes must be made here as well.

- I kinda miss the two infernals - mayhaps make summoning infernals as potential upgrade events for Green? The ones in LTA were pretty tanky and barely died, if you played them careful, so even without a heal, those should do fine as the only melee, Green would ever witness in the entire game (next to Decimatus and other stuff).

------------------------------

Should be all for now.
    Given that Cynical has his New Dalaran in LTA, I think I can claim Shadow Council for design the same way he does. Probably played Shadow Council the same way you intended everyone to play it, Marsh. :p
  2. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,289 / 12 / -17
    Wow @EmperorFawful thanks for detailed feedback Fawful! Im glad you were part of our lil test today :-)

Let me start off by saying this is not how I want this map to be released for public play, there are some major issues which make the game almost unplayable. So its good that this currently cant be played in multiplayer.

The initial 6v6 is currently heavily sided against alliance, in the North the alliance are quickly able to sweep away Scholomance and Burning Blade clan in Alterac, as intended, but once the Plague has bene unleeshed it quickly goes down hill. Sorting ut this 6v6 battle will be my first priority.

The Plague is meant to cause chaos within Lordaeron and provide evil with an opportunity to weaken alliance from within. It's also a solution to stalemates as I don't to get into a situation where alliance are huddled within Lordaeron and neither side is able to invade into each others territory, this just causes the game to stagnate.

So the Plague is working as intended, but then the Lich King player is able to then send in Sindragosa to haras and hit key targets within alliance, which is anoying but managable. The real issue is then Legion/Shadow council teleporting in and turning the tides.

While allaince are dealing with this Dwarves are being double teamed by Dragonmaw and Darkhorde and quickly fall. Even if Alliance manage to survive the plague, the next all out attack finishes them off.

There are individual problems with some of the factions which further contribute to this. Highborne is the weakest of all Factions and don't particularly seem to excel in any area. They will be getting a buff intended to strengthen their melee and spell caster units.

Sindragosa... well I will do somthtng about that and LKs heroes in general and how they are gained.

I will also be puting time limits on when peple can trigger betrayal events.

As for Shadow council: I have listed the changes made in response to todays tetsing and your feedback:

SHADOW COUNCIL
    - withering hand deals less damage but effects more targets
    - CD and casting range on Death knights summon demon spell has been increased and demons are no longer invulnerable.
    - Gul'dan's scriptures no longer increases DK limit by 2.
    - Terons movement speed has bene reduced.
    - Demonic circle now only teleports the caster to an allied unit or building.
    - Teron gains demonic circle when the dark portal is opened.
    - K'ure the Void Naaru no longer upgrades to Decimus and acts a support elite unit with her Mass teleport abilities.
    - Murmur can now be summoned in Auchedoun after 20 minutes game time.
    - Shadow Council no loNger has access to Doom Cannons or Fel Cores
    • Like Like x 4
  3. EmperorFawful

Ratings:
    +3,161 / 30 / -105
    I think a lot of problems might get solved by repositioning stuff. Mayhaps it's helping if either Purple or Rangers get a good base in South, which they could utilize to aid Dwarves?

Also, Uther has Ashbringer and in the introduction text of Silverhand it was still spoken of Alexandros and Lordaeron City laying in ruins. ^^

Glad to hear regarding the SC changes.
  4. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 101 / -164
    UTHER WITH THE ASHBRINGER? GIB
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. EmperorFawful

Ratings:
    +3,161 / 30 / -105
    He nontheless has to go to Ironforge to get it. So... have fun in doing that. There was never an unsafer place in LTF than Ironforge. :p
  6. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,449 / 101 / -164
    TowerZ
  7. EmperorFawful

Ratings:
    +3,161 / 30 / -105
    You don't get it... Dwarves has to face Dragonmaw Clan, Dark Horde and Shadow Council alone during the first 10 minutes of the game.
    He's the only Alliance player in South and Horde doesn't exist in LTF. :p

Hence why I suggest that some players might need to get relocated. It was never easier to wipe out Dwarves than in LTF.
  8. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,209 / 18 / -51
    Burnuing Legion:
    - Skull of Gul'dan is very powerful, can kill backlines like they are nothing
    - Unholy Aura's movement speed is a little to quick maybe
    - 3000 gold and lumber on Archimonde's arrival may be a bit much

Misc:
    - No resistence in outland is a huge advantage for evil team, it also screws yellow over as well
    - a pathing bug near the mountain in the temple city of en'kilah
    - Sindragose is far to strong to leave northerend
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cynicaldoubt

Cynicaldoubt Beekeeper Extraordinaire Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +2,785 / 32 / -69
    Dalaran lacks an anti-undead and demon aura. Seems like a major bug to be.
    • This This x 1
  10. Harald

Harald The Betrayer Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +2,209 / 18 / -51
    When i first looked at dalaran i laughed becuse i knew how sad you would be ... anyways the city is fine! no need to change or add anything!
    • This This x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.