1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Official Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Marshmalo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,558 / 14 / -38
    Creating a unit and destroying it doesn't completely clear it ? I didn't know that, any source for this information ?
    If that is the case, then we can add a lot of stability to LTA, which often uses dummy units.
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +641 / 14 / -54
    I can try hosting older versions like 0.26 to check.

However yes LTF is indeed crashing more than LTA. LTA's crash issues are more related to JENKINS error which was caused by Blizzard updates. However that crash only affects one player and usually drops 2-3 players max per game.

LTF is also affected by the same thing. However what makes LTF different is that its quite common to Mass Crash. Meaning everyone crashes in the entire lobby. This has happened quite a few time to me on 0.27 and zoom on his stream. It doesn't even happen long in the game. usually 10min to 20min.

LTA does have crash problems but I certainly have not see Mass crash like LTF this patch even once.
  3. somefaggot

somefaggot Map Maker

Ratings:
    +268 / 6 / -12
  4. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,187 / 12 / -17
    The last version of LTF I worked on was 0.20.

But I'm not sure hosting old versions are even nessesary now, I checked on the newest LTF version I was given, theres extensive use of "Wait-ingame seconds" which we now know leaks, so that could be whats making the map more unstable than LTA. But its still like trying to find a needle in a haystack, as it could be something else, this is the problem when you inherrit a map.

Well that could explain the amount of crashes both LTA and LTF have had in the past, once I start work on LTF again I will be remove any custom abilities which use dummy units and I'll try and import that system into the game.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    After a few games playing as Lich King, there seems to be a few problems in 0.27 regarding Arthas moving to blue's control.
    - In one game, Lordaeron went King Arthas but he left later on. I got Arthas and I managed to level him up to 15 however when trying to get LK, the hero needed the research to merge while the Frozen Throne had no longer this research.
    - In another game, Lordaeron got Frostmourne and Arthas did not die but he eventually left. When he did at first for like 15 seconds I got Undead Arthas and all the units that appear with him at Frostmourne but suddenly after, the event for Scourge activated moving Arthas back to the disconnect Scourge player right on top of Lordaeron's capital.
    Also Lana'thel is still unavailable for blue when Scourge merges to get Lich King.

bbug.PNG bbug2.PNG bbbug.PNG
    • This This x 3
  6. Hahay

Hahay

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    LK_Lanathel.jpg

Here, i got DG Lich King along with Lanathel for blue. The issue here is that you can only summon Lanathel from Frozen Throne(as any other hero of blue), and she becomes available only for a brief moment between Arthas pressing merge button and Frozen Throne disappearing. So yeah, it is still possible but requires good synchronization. This is definitely not supposed to work this way and requires a fix.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
  7. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,799 / 13 / -10
    How much crashes depend on PC specification? I literally crash only in extremely rare circumstances (literally only when something in the map is really screwed up, or when game is really long, like more than 2 hours), even when I forget to restart the game.
  8. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +641 / 14 / -54
    I checked with Hive and apparently not much at all. Unless you have a toaster and really low RAM and run a lot of programs while using Warcraft 3 you should be fine. The toaster usually crashes at load or big fights. Normal crashes don't happen at fights necessarily just random. Pretty sure my PC is the best, much better than zoom's as well yet I still crash sooner than him a lot of times

I used to be like you and crash rarely or in extreme circumstances. Even without restarting game. Now with this retarded Warcraft patch I have been crashing left and right in custom maps a long with other people. First you have the Jenkins error which is fuck up by Blizzard's coding, It does not discriminate which custom map you are playing and how optimized, It's specifically designed to fuck over any custom map and Blizzard is not responding to the concerns. Even I got that error in Azeroth Wars, the most optimized map which I never ever crashed in... So you have Blizzard fking up this way this patch.

Now if not the Jenkins error apparently crashing does depend on driver's/libraries and localization a bit, I'm currently waiting to see how to get that fix. However If a desync happens or everyone crashes at once, It is 100% Maps fault.

Long games tho don't necessarily lead to crash. Thing is after a certain point, all the triggers have been used and the messed up ones are not likely to be used since the players who can use them have left the game. So you can play for hours with no crash issues. The crash chance is more like a bell curve rather flat line increasing.
  9. Crystal

Crystal

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -1
    Not sure if actual bugs, or if anything can be done about it, but if players leave, they still remain part of the Alliance. Therefore, it's really hard to "break" the Alliance, especially when dwarves have no units left (to go DI), LB has disconnected/left so there's no Uther (no Scarlet), can't suicide Sylvanas. I managed to "break" it because Forsaken had already happened, and I asked in-game for an enemy to take the Sunwell after I'd triggered Blood Elves, so I could turn them into Wretched.

TL;DR: that really messes up trying to trigger New Dalaran, for example, or get Alterac to join.

Another thing, pathing issues for entering/exiting New Dalaran instance - units get stuck in corners and/or sometimes refuse to go through the portal.

EDIT: If Rhonin hasn't unlocked the cache in Dalaran dungeons, he doesn't have enough slots for spells, so his Arcane Barrage is removed and cannot be used (if all 4 spells are learned).
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +206 / 7 / -22
    Cannon towers (the ones for Lordaeron*) damage should be upgraded with the gunpowder upgrade instead of the steel swords upgrades.
    And Clerics and Hydromancers (Lordaeron faction) should have different icons. Right now they both use the same bearded wizard with a mustache icon which makes it hard to differentiate between them based on their icons BUT they have completely different look of the actual model, one is a bearded and mustached wizard (who rides a horse) while the other one is a neatly shaved younger dude with long hair and slightly glowing eyes.

Also: Idk why the fuck people host and join this map if they can't handle 2 or three players dropping from the game. There is literally a 100% chance that minimum of 2 players will drop within the 1st 5 minutes and people can't understand that, utter pansies!
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018