1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Design and balance thread

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    You'll have to wait for 0.25 at least.

Meanwhile I made this meme for you (And everyone else...)
    LTF Meme.png
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +865 / 12 / -26
    @Woodenplank Shadow Council his nether drakes deal damage to his own units. They have magic damage, and your frontline is all summoned armor so you end up killing your own shit constantly. They don't deal damage to allied units only to his own.
    • This This x 3
  3. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    Fixed for 0.25 - thx for reporting it.

Also; I've made some other changes to Shadow Council. You can review them in the Community Update Thread - and you can have a look at everything else I changed as well.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +595 / 17 / -60
    All those SC changes are really nice
    On the early part of the game you won't have to rely on Vorpil an Teron to destroy guardian crystals around Muru
    The removal of limits should have been done a long time ago, but I appreciate that It's finally done

I didn't see anything about Maggy becoming invulnerable after liberation on Citadel
    Or maybe you intentionnally removed it so the ennemy player can just infinite net and kill Maggy without any resistance ?
    Before invul you could also free Maggy and kill him straight away so I suggest you change the event to :
    If building is destroyed, if teal hero is near position of building being destroyed, then Maggy appears

Not very well explained but you will understand what I mean : bring teal hero to free maggy after destruction of building

Also, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not so I will post it here (it might be intended but really weird)
    I made Eredars as Shadow Council after the death of Archimonde (which was mine), and I created portals
    Weird thing is that each time I created portals all my units were attacking the portals even though I still had control over teal
    And we were still allied

The player had 4k gold in bank doing nothing but cp snipe the whole game
    I don't think it would be game breaking for SC to have control over those little portals and spend teal's gold
    As there is no particular strong units in theses portals

Another thing, after summon I could not summon Portals on Archimonde, needed demonic suprematy ?
    Add the research to shadow council after summoning Archi for himself could be cool
    I don't think it would be too much game breaking, would only give access to legion units like doomguards
    I don't think the Legion's Nether drakes are in the portals, nor infernals
    Or maybe just allow to make infernals and no doomguards

I'm asking it because it doesn't require too much work and that legion team without legion is pretty fucked up
    Any player can betray and Syndicate is not a particulary strong path
    While having Archimonde and more demons as Shadow Council can be very tempting

I don't ask to give SC the strenght of Legion + Sc, just buff Sc

Edit : Also you need to remake Draenor rifts vulnerable when Illidari happens, so he can have access to demons
  5. Kamikaze15

Kamikaze15

Ratings:
    +105 / 2 / -3
    @Woodenplank People used to mass fel rays. They are super fast, they have really low collision size, they slow enemies, and they are fairly resistant. And cheap. Summing up, they are annoying.

Now they have ranged, piercing dmg. Might be exploitable.

I'm on board with the rest of the changes.
  6. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    They're still limited at 20 though, I only removed the limits from the other Shadow Council spam-ables (well... now they're spamable).
    I just took issue with the fact that, besides summoned units and Fel Guard Elites, Shadow Council had nothing to hit magic immune targets (such as the draenei that they'll be fighting early)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Anatolia63

Anatolia63

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Could you maybe make the following areas a bit bigger?

Silvermoon city, sunstrider isle, tyres hand and lights holy chapel area
    Especially in new dala you get block so easily. and you can be trolled easily with enemy flying units. And the hawk unit has no shakles,
    Another suggestion, can you replace dalaran rune for a normal heal ability? Or just add it? You can't have it on auto or you will run out of mana and can't dispell anymore, and he is weak like shit.
    Or just replace dalaran rune with Constructionists trap spell, it's useless...
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  8. Acadian

Acadian

Ratings:
    +67 / 6 / -6
    yea imo dalaran should be a multilayer city, the way it is now is really lame, same goes for Lordaeron city, or most of the cities, i think they should be expanded and there is alot of unused map area that could be used to make the cities better.
  9. Woodenplank

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    I think Dalaran is plenty hard to take, considering the amount of defensive abilities it has. Reterraining in extra chokepoints would make it proper hell - on a team that already has a lot of the best defensive positions.

Also, @Anatolia63 Check out the new Battle Magus unit I designed for Dalaran. Should make Air units more manageable.

In other news; The Shadow Council - and Syndicate subpath - have received several changes for 0.25, check them out in the Community Update Thread.
    While you're at it, feel free to enjoy the updates on other factions, such as Dalaran.
    • This This x 1
  10. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +595 / 17 / -60
    With your changes on Ogres Magi, you actually didn't make things better
    You made Ogre magis worse than before and less usefull
    What Shadow Council needs is really a spammable melee unit, 2 more and tankier ogres won't change much
    Especially since now those are less usefull than before with their aoe removed
    I guess it will be time for me to learn SC by using casters and not anything that is not a caster
    If there is one legion faction that doesn't need to be nerfed it's Shadow Council
    And Ogres magis should cost less rather than more after your changes
    Before Marsh nerf those, they had around 2k hp and had the same cost
    Giving them spells with hp nerf was making their price normal, nerfing them and increasing cost is not good