1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Design and balance thread

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Dwarves can one shot it I believe if remember correctly as the Cannon can actually get hit by spells. 4 grycopter bombs Plus Falstad Q and it's dead.
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    You can't target catapults with spells, only with aoe
    But yeah, making canon and catapult invulnerable to air is dumb anyway
    Alliance can just aoe spam catapult, and legion can finger canon to death

What you could do on the other hand, would be to remove them all, especially the one near stromgarde, beyond useless, not protection to it, and doesn't even slow Legion as a decent player will always send its air squad to aim it down before pushing
    You only see newbies raging against canons "opiness" as they don't know how to counter it
    But on average games, canons and catapults don't impact gameplay at all, players will always send their air squad before pushing

Btw, it might not be the right thread but @Woodenplank can you remove food cost on zombies ?
    Last teal game I had, I had over 300 food, and it wasn't very funny
  3. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -2
    make the cannon also attack air units, make it locked on, and make it to where it one hits most flying units also remove greens ability to just summon 3 air units at the keep replace it with 3 spell slingers or something.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane Shaman

Ratings:
    +711 / 18 / -61
    Nah the air summons are actually fine, and the idea of canons being able to attack air as well as one shooting them is horrible
    Imagine canon doing 2k+ damage ? Even Sapphiron would suffer
    @Zlade(PinkArcher) We don't want to make map broken and imbalanced, we want to make it as balanced and stable as possible
    • This This x 1
  5. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 8 / -0
  6. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +217 / 7 / -23
    At most the cannon could get some passive AA ability like the one Steam Tanks can learn in vanilla Wc3.
  7. Spectator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Just in case you know, for some reason after all this time Book of Dalaran is still not droppable.
    Also a funny thing, I think the trigger for Archimonde is if teal DCs, Archimonde goes to whoever who summons him not Necessarily shadow council. So other game Brown got Archimonde cause he got Archi cause he summoned with Zulhead. I wonder if he could Twlight and still keep Archimonde probably. Archimonde and THC Deathwing not something i wanna face. Also You can't level yourself if you -control Teal after he leaves so just ask your ally to level you. (good luck with that lol)

Also another note, I think Vorpil being level 15 to summon is too high. It just makes vorpil summon with book totally pointless. If you want to summon you just use Zulhead to level 10 or another level 10. I guess you could say vorpil can summon without book at 15, yes i guess but it makes no sense that he also has to be level 15 to summon with book. I think trigger wise its not possible to make Vorpil summon at lower level with book. Plus without Book summon is bad idea. I don't think level 15 Vorpil sacrifice is worth summon considering all the positives of summon is negated by the fact that now you have to deal with Agewyn's BS.

I also never got why the hell Jubel'thos starts in Alterec now. Back in the day it was common to open Portal right away and get Jubel to Outland, so it made sense. Now it's totally stupid, I guess for roleplay reasons and if you are typical old RTS fan you could call the extra APM from clicking Jubel'thos down is called strategy and skill. But seriously wtf? Gameplay reason it makes no sense. Kinda stupid having to have him run from top to bottom right at the start every game. Guess remove it and maybe at some cool stuff instead which adds to the gameplay. Also this confuses new players as well. They got their army scatted at 5 places at the start where really they need to only focus on 2.
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +217 / 7 / -23
    He was in Alterac all the time during Reign of Chaos until he got killed by the Scourge, thus Jubei must remain in Alterac. Absolute heresy to think otherwise. :]
    Obviously Twilight's Hammer Clan can't keep Archimonde... :p
    And yes, having the Book droppable would be a good quality of life improvement.
  9. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,045 / 6 / -23
    i guess we need to introduce the counter to lb Naaru defense and that is orange holding Alterac and getting the orcs later in game (the more he holds the more he gains).
  10. Spectator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Yea Tichanrdious and Malganis were in Ironforge overseeing the siege of Fel Revears and blackdragon fight during Region of Chaos until they got sniped by rangers and Falstad's Q.

That was the point of cult already tho IK it does not work properly. Plus OJ has to focus on Outland already and south at the same time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.