1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    I promise I'll work on fixing the Hero box.
    But seriously... I hate that thing. I 9/10 cases it could've been replaced by a fool-proof spawning system.

I might be able to fix items without any issue though. Haven't seen all the triggers, but should be alright.

Meanwhile: This thread is for revamp suggestions. Not bug reports, or smaller suggestions like "give the Ashbringer to Alexandros"
    - Also, Alex. is now tied to Ebon Blade, not regular Cult.
  2. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,401 / 86 / -202
    Changing Brown and Orange to something more lore appropriate as Magtheridon and Nefarian never worked together (Current Orange)

Orange would be changed to
    FEL HORDE
    Solely operating in Outland now with more benefits from Demons and Hellfire.

Units (Changed)
    Smolderthorn Troll Caster -> Inquisitor
    Proto Dragon -> Nether Dragon
    Demoness -> Felbat

Inquisitor Skillset
    Q - Autocast Slow
    W - Siphon Mana
    E - Abyssal Enforcer (Auto Summons a demon on Slow cast)

Nether Dragon Skillset
    - Feedback
    - Resistant Skin
    - Dragon Scales

Felbat Skillset
    Q - Self Bloodlust
    W - Reveal
    E - Destroy Tree Ability

Events
    - Gruul subpath, Gruul corrupted by Fel though(?)

Brown is changed to Dark Horde, primarily situated in South, taking over BRM.
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +329 / 22 / -20
    I suggested that... 1 month ago? With paths, events, lore, everything explained. And marsh said "no", cause she said brown alone in south will be killed easily by an alliance rush :/
    • This This x 1
  4. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,401 / 86 / -202
    But look whomst is editor right now.
    Not to mention brown wouldnt be “alone” in South because Dark Portal and Green/Teal “TPs”
  5. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +892 / 8 / -1
    Wat

Also; I'm not for this; mainly because Dragonmaw players often struggle to protect Dragonmaw Harbour; and Fel/Dark Horde players struggle to protect Blackrock Mountain.
    Asking one player to manage and defend both is just cruel - furthermore, it would mean that only 1/4th of the Legion team actually had any valuable bases in Azeorth.

Somehow I can't help but feel that a change like this would mean OJ/Teal/Green just... didn't bother opening Dark Portal? Why expose yourself to the shit when you can let Alliance kill Dark Horde and fuck off to deal with plague.
    Besides; it's not like managing Hellfire Citadel and Black Temple are super intensive for Fel Horde... Pretty sure OJ players would get bored if they didn't even have to care about Rend/Blackrock.
  6. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +329 / 22 / -20
    If u add Honor Hold in Helfire peninsula at start, making Alleria (rangers), Turalyon (DG) and Khagdar (Dalaran) fight there, this would be interesting.
    U will have part of the power of 4 alliance factions: LB (in exodar), Rangers, DG and Dalaran; fighthing and trying to hold against the WHOLE power of 3 legion members: Legion, SC and Oj.

As they are weak and few in Outland, they can only hold till X minute, if u hold Exodar u then can get the Draenei and Velen, and if u hold Honor Hold, u can get it back when u reopen the portal as Alliance, you will give acces then to Alleria, Khagdar and Turalyon and events related with them. What will lead alliance to have an objective to conquer Outland, not just Norhtrend.

Meanwhile, u have in south WHOLE Dwarf power trying to siege brown (dark horde). Some rangers should help those dwarves to try to take something before Outland sieges end and whole legion comes to Azeroth. And in North, the rest of Dg, Dalaran and SH will try to take down Cult base as soon as posible while Blue farms Northrend and prepare a great plague.

During this early game, HB should move around lordaeron to help against cult, tp to south if they want to help dwarves to push to get something, and be ready to tp to Lordaeron when Cult decides where to launch his plague.

I think this would be balanced :p
    Alliance vs Evil
    4 1/2 factions vs 3 full factions in Outland.
    1 and 1/2 factions in south vs 1 full faction in South.
    3 1/2 factions vs 1 full faction in Lordaeron.
    1 faction to support Lordaeron or South where needed and ready to stop plague when launched.
    Blue farming northrend, maybe helping Cult with Putricide, and preparing to destroy lordaeron when plague is launched.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nephirin

Nephirin

Ratings:
    +33 / 2 / -1
    Could give Dragonmaw Port to OJ and Blackrock to brown. Makes more sense lorewise (Brown is Black Dragonflight, Dragonmaw had Fel Orc influence) and focuses two orc players in south from very beginning. OJ's control of Hellfire Citadel can unlock when he researches say, "Demonic Supremacy," or something similar.
    • This This x 1
  8. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Ratings:
    +483 / 16 / -73
    I suggest a little (or big :D) revamp for Dragonmaw Clan faction (and Outland itself). For me it seems like that Gruul Path is really badly worked, like you lose your air forces, lose unlimited warlocks and receive not so cool ogres (except ogres mages, but yeah they are only 10) with sloppy fat ass (who doesnt even deal damage and tanks usually really poorly himself), which serves as only temporary path for Dragonmaw. Thats not good.
    General:
    1) Change 15g CP at Black Temple (belongs to Dark Horde) to 25g CP, its like one of DH capitals, almost all capitals have 25g Control Point (except outer part of Old Dalaran and Dragonmaw Port)
    2) Return back Mor'grosh Stronghold to Loch Modan (green - towers; blue - misc buildings; light-brown - Mor'grosh Strongold itself; red - a base which can be moved a little right to free space for Mor'grosh Stronghold, anyway there is no need for a such large path)
    Revamp7.jpg
    3) Make all ogres camp neutral and untakeable by usual Dragonmaw (only by Gruul path, which I will suggest below and Twilight Hammer path). Also change Bloodmaul Outpost (dat base below CP on 2nd screen) to neutral passive/invulnerable
    4) Change that (25g Control point) to neutral hostile with few wild neutral-hostile ogres. (maybe also change to 15g CP?)
    Revamp3.jpg
    5) Strengthen Legion position at Blades Edge mountain, like now the war with Draenei mostly depends on Shadow Council faction, if its noobish then its easy win for LB, and anyway there is now only portal, which previously served as barracks, while now its just a town hall, its really looks ugly.
    Revamp2.jpg
    6) Add a base at Black Temple for Dragonmaw as compensation for loss of Bloodmaul Outpost, plus its lorewise (I also thought about somehow tying things for Zuluhed with this base, but current terrain is hardly suitable for this): https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonmaw_Fortress
    Revamp4.jpg
    7) Add 15g CP neutral hostile at Draenei Village with a more worthy/powerful creeps (now you receive ~40g for all them), it will partly help Dragonmaw compensate gold loss (if he is fast enough to take before others)
    Revamp1.jpg
    8) Add mini-event which gives 400g/w to Dragonmaw player for loss of Dragonmaw Port (in return Nek'rosh Wind Walk can be tied to it), current now usually Dragonmaw is trying to give a fight against 4-6 Alliance players and got completely rekt, becoming only burden for other Legion team
    9) Add a little base for Dragonmaw at Blackrock Mountain (yeah its not lorewise, but if Dragonmaw has blackdragonflight path... hardly to decide really), with 15g CP to compensate at least partly gold loss and with (8) it gives another chance for real comeback to Dragonmaw
    Revamp5.jpg
    10) Improve Gruul Lair to something more valuable and interesting (gray - mountains+decorations which surrounds Lair; blue - 25g CP, if you mean to make a path an interesting, it must be worty enough; red - Gruul/Ogre Throne as capital building, instead of cave + maybe add towers near it; orange - Gruul Lair Towers, a powerful Earth Tower, like Gilnean siege towers, which spawn if purple choose Worgen path; green - misc buildings, like barracks or Temple of Damned...),
    Revamp6.jpg
    11) Now the main part: divide current paths (Twilight Hammer, Gruul (who get rekt)+Zuluhed=>Black Dragonflight, like now its like this usually) to Twilight Hammer/Black Dragonflight/Demon Blood(Zuluhed path)/Ogre Empire (Gruul path) and only one (last 3 paths) can be picked :

129014-78756d9e0d0a23d51a226b2d4cd887e1.jpg
    Ogre Empire path:
    Dragonmaw clan allies with High King Maulgar and his ogres, who wants to restore their Empire to glory
    -Mor'ghor becomes unrevivable
    -Receives Hero: High King Maulgar
    110199-35490ecd9b71ab2ef3b4082b0f1e2ffb.jpg
    -Receives a base: Gruul's Lair
    -Receives ability to build Ogre Towers (Earth Tower models, like usual Siege towers of Alliance)
    -Lose ability to train dragons (air)
    -Receive(replaces partly other Dragonmaw units?) arsenal of different Ogre Legion forces
    -Receive ability to capture 3 Ogre Camps with uprades of adding their bloodlines to Ogre Legion empowering potential might of ogres
    -Receives ability to train Gronn (semi elite, tankish units, while Ogre officers will be elite units)
    -After capturing all Ogre Camps and infusing Ogre Empire with all bloodlines (maybe also level requirment?), Maulgar can beseech Gruul proving his strength to him, making Gruul join to Ogre Empire.
    106928-fe1926529a4c19418425d088810ecf25.jpg
    -Important: Gruul is able to join to Illidari team (If Illidan comes), betraying Legion team, maybe it will give him also some Illidari content to temptate Dragonmaw to join Illidan
    Anyway Ogre Empire concentrates Dragonmaw on tankish melee forces and a powerful ogre magi casters

48px-Achievement_dungeon_grimbatol_general_umbriss.png
    Black Dragonflight path:
    Well I really didnt think about this path well, I even cant come up with events for this path, but I think it must include events, with receiving Demon Chains item, and receiving Blackrock Mountain with Rend and Nefarian if DH betrays team maybe
    -Also is still able to go Twilight Hammer path

[There must a picture of Zuluhed path, but I couldn't find it :D]
    -Receives a Hero: Zuluhed the Whacked
    -Receives Warlock Archer
    -Receives Felguard Overlord (Blue Felguard model) (though I didnt come up which type of units its should be: semi-elite or replace for Dragonmaw Ascendants?)
    -Receives some kind of demonic arsenal units?
    -Can capture Netherwing Dragonflight in Outland, subdue them to serve for Dragonmaw Clan
    -After capturing Netherwing Dragonflight can unleash Additional flying Hero: Neltharaku, a powerful Dragon

Twilight Hammer:
    -same things, but also can capture Ogre Camps too, receiving ability to breed Twilight Ogre Magi, unstable destructful casters

My main idea was giving more choice and freedom for Dragonmaw Clan as giving him some kind of a second chance if you got rekted Dragonmaw Port
    Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions for heroes/events if you like this idea?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. muhlta

muhlta

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -13
    IF anything, Outland should give less gold, not more.
  10. UzumakiArtanis

UzumakiArtanis

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    Reterrain the Icecrown Citadel so it has 4 obelisks instead of 2.
    • This This x 2