1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Nephirin

Nephirin

Ratings:
    +35 / 2 / -1
    There's... some interesting ideas here, but the conditions necessary to trigger it are ridiculously strict, Onyx. You'd almost never see this path happen.
    • This This x 1
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +620 / 17 / -60
    The best things are the rarests :p
    Look at Oj turning Illidari with wretched?
    Isn't Illidari Fel Horde with naga and illidari heroes one of the best path in the game?
    But you needed : Civil War / Maggy / Maggy Dead / Illidari leaving or wretched
    A ton of conditions for a sweet path

Anyway suggestion is not finished which is why I posted it here
    • This This x 1
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +347 / 26 / -20
    @Onyx i like ur idea of Changing new lordaeron path for something cooler, but i disagree with the way u plan it:
    + Varyan has nothing to do with the racist lordaeron u present
    + Is boring to face always the same heroes.
    + If u want to restore arathor it has more sense to make It related to the capitals of the kingdoms of arathor: dalaran, kul tiras, alterac, gilneas, lordaeron and stromgarde. No stratholme.

My proposal?
    + The seventh kingdom. Once lordaeron helped stormwind against the orc invasión. Now, the last son of arathor has became stronger than his father and comes north to pay its honor debt With lordaeron.
    - Stormwind send troops to menethil harbour using a fleet from theramore commanded by Jaina, who has helped stormwind against onyxias plot and has asked sw to help her home in exchange.
    - The main force of sw crosses the redrige mountains commanded by Bolvar.
    - ofc u get bolvar and jaina as heroes. U lose all other heroes (arthas and marwyn went scourge and garithos and gallen were killed by sylvanas).
    - if dalaran hasnt gone worgen, u dont get her and the reinforcements in menethil, but u can keep galen

Late game event:
    + The alliance. The alliance of lordaeron lies bróken and scattered, but a new alliance rises in the south commanded by the new king varyan wrynn. The needed people of lordaeron forget their proud and demands sw to join them.
    - Units replaced with better ones. Like:
    *Footmen-lordaeron footmen
    *archer-dwarven handgunner
    *knights-sw knights
    *cleric-paladin
    *hidromancer-night elf druid
    *tank- gnomish battle tank
    - u get varian wrynn as hero with troops in menethil harbor
    - requires broken alliance
  4. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +620 / 17 / -60
    Ehhhhh
    I see you completly misunderstood my suggestion LUL
    The "racist thingy" was a lil joke that ... you didn't get
    There's absolutly nothing racist in the path I'm presenting, look at Jaina, she fought her dad because of this
    Not really fought but rather let him die .... anyway
    Kingdom of Arathor was ... an extra path, so obvisouly it has no link with the basic path of origin
    But you didn't get this as well

I half forgot to include Kul'Tiras yes, but in my mind it was clear that you would not control Proudmoore without Kul Tiras ...
    Alterac ? Oh yeah sure, but you'll have to make another building, cuz ... the tower ? It's a freaking tower

I absolutly do not want it to become FULL STORMWIND PATH, no I want to gather remnants of different human factions and gather those
    There are 3 human factions and I took stuff from the 3

Bolvar is a good idea oh hero, especially cuz ... we could make some silly event with Lich king a.k.a ruin the lore like blizzard LUL

From another suggestion, your unit compo could be good
    But what I wanted to make is a human faction, but empowered, not an Alliance faction by itself
    Maybe add some draeneis to it as well ? Kappa

Psssst, if you like Stormwind, go play KTA or Daow :p
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +347 / 26 / -20
    I got all Your jokes. But what i said is true, garithos and daelin áre racist and isolationists. They would be for a sólo path. The alliance thinks more like jaina, and as u said she faced her father. So the alliance wont help them.

What about a "racist team" with new lordaeron (dg With garithos as main hero) and kul tiras (purple with daelin as main hero).

With too factions strong as hell, kul tiras With flexibility (light infantry, boats) and mages. And lordaeron with survavility (tanky units and healers)?

Could be a good option for late game in case eberybody betrays the alliance (onslaught, dark iron, illidari and forsaken). And fits lore.
  6. Hotbooster

Hotbooster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    @Woodenplank
    Since you're removing New Lordaeron I figure you'll remove Jailor Kassan as well so why not give him to Dalaran as a demi? Dalaran doesn't have any demi compared to other races as well.
    Edit: Nvm forgot about Archmage Vargoth but still I don't think it would be that bad to add Kassan.
    Also for some reason if you get Kirin'Var for Vargoth you can also summon Rhonin even if Alliance is not broken.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 14:56
  7. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Give a god-hero to nerubians, and add them back Nadox. Nerubians need to be better for be played. Like Yogg-Saron. Delete him to purple.
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +115 / 5 / -18
    Just wanna say I like the terrain in LTF better then in LTA, (but both are awesome.) :-) It feels significantly more open and spacious (probably the map boundaries were widened when Marsh started work on LTF).
    However I noticed you have a wrongly colored Dreadlord there. Tichondrius is orange? :eek: zis will simply not do, it is Anatheron who was orange. =D
  9. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +943 / 8 / -1
    This was to avoid confusion between Varimathras and Tichondrius, as they are both Red Dreadlords... With the same model. And can be active at the same time. On the same team.
    :(
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +115 / 5 / -18
    Oh :( well I get it then, I didn't play often enough to know that both of them can be in the same time. Honestly I would just scrap Vari then :p add Anatheron if the is not yet in (or Delvyngur). :} ;o