1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -20
    So u suggest that the op faction with mad aiming now should also have:
    + Summons
    + TWO spells to give armour, one even in aoe. To turn the "squishy killing machines" into tanks With insane ranged dmg. Nice...
    + If even with ur great dmg, movility, and now tankiness, the enemy manages to kill a unit, u can ress it.

Summarizing a combo of... Rc, hb and cotd? You are making an alliance faction look like a solo one...

U know that when maping balance>>>personal tastes

Right?
  2. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,478 / 87 / -206
    This isn’t about personal tastes, it’s about making the theme of the Farstriders + High Elves fit with a balanced unit. The unit that was proposed surely had mistakes (I made said post very early in my morning) so here if you will allow for a revised version now that I am actually “awake”

RUNEWARDEN
    A caster focused on the Ban’doriel and nature magics. Low damage capabilites but medium health and good supportive abilities.
    [T] Ban’doriel
    - Requires Runestones + Sunwell
    Its literally big bad voodoo but much smaller area and much smaller duration.
    [Q] Rejuvenation
    [W] Regrowth
    Regrows trees at a small target location.
    [E] Summon Treant (Casted when Q is casted)

SORCERESS
    A caster focused on damage abilites that aren’t normally seen as damaging.
    [Q] Lightning Shield
    [W] Mistify
    Causes a units in a medium area to lose 5% attack speed, -5 damage and a 10% chance to miss.
    [E] Polybomb
    Target a unit, polymorphing them for 8 seconds (2 seconds to heroes) then dealing 150 damage to them and 50 damage to nearby targets.

Also!
    Replace their Swordsman unit

FARSTRIDER GUERILLA
    [Q] Defend
    [W] Evasion
    5% to dodge attacks

With a more rangery model, swordsman are clad in plate, Farstriders dont use plate.

Halduron Model????
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources/maleelfranger.22488/
  3. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -20
    Well, now u have done a better suggestion :-)
    Some toughts:
    + Summon treant requires trees right? That combo with W. Better not autocasted to allow u better coordination and backstab enemy lines by surprise. U are ranger, u use good units to do precise dmg, its not cotd spaming mass of brainless zombies. Treants could have "poisonous thorns" that slow enemies with every attack (driad pasive). That would fit the ranger theme: u rise treants that backstab the enemy by surprise, slowing them, and ur ranger appear to Take them down. This summon treant should havw high range to do that.

+ I like the idea of giving a skill while protecting all the runestones. But a big Bad wodoo may be a bit op. Squishy high dmg units being invulnerable doesnt sound fair.

+ I like the idea of the sorceress cause it fits rangers theme: movility. Lighting shield will do dmg to an slow enemy, the same as rangers does. But... I dont like at all the polybomb since It seems quite better than dalaran polymorph. And dalaran is top caster faction, is not fair. Wooden turned dalaran archer into a ranged mage, he didnt turned it into an improved versión of archer. Why? Cause dalaran is mages and he did the Best to make it fits its role, the same applies to rangers now.

+ Like the idea of the sword man change. Making It more evasion and less Block and armour focused. Fits ranger style.

Summarizing: improve the faction making It more unique and focusing in its theme is awesome, trying to give It strong things in the áreas It should be weak, or giving things stronger than the ones that factions who focus there have is unfair and unbalancing.

Greetings and good morning :D
  4. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,179 / 8 / -0
    I'm honestly not sure if "change the caster(s) of Ranger Corps" constitutes as "Revamp", but I'll let it sit.

As it happens I already was given the Ranger caster(s) a makeover. Which is sorely needed, I think.
    I am well aware that the Ranger Corps is... well... a Corps of Rangers. And their strength should most certainly lie in ranged prowess. And I know they're currently a rather strong faction; but they're strong in a boring way. Spamming Cold-arrow Archers, and maxing ranged upgrades with all your Lumber-money is rather a dull and low-micro way to power, and I wish to change that.

Don't get be wrong; the Ranger Corps should and will be the hardest hitting ranged-army; that much won't change.
    But I believe I could make casters work in such a ranged-focus setup. And perhaps I would incorporate some version of the High Elven "Farstrider vs. Magister" choice, where the Rangers would rather be "extra caster unit - or upgraded Elites a la Silver Covennant dudettes".
    I'M JUST SPITBALLING HERE! - I'll make a more concrete suggestion later if I even manage to make LTF stable on 1.29

Also; @Onyx & @Acadian ; disagreeing is really no excuse to spam and harass eachother. As you can see, I deleted a whole bunch of posts.
    There was a misunderstanding and people got angry somehow. Let's all move on shall we?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TerenasMenethil

TerenasMenethil

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    And again, got a game with DI where Shadowforge city was rushed by the Legion team, THC came to help but whatever I couldnt summon Ragnaros with my lvl 15 moira because Legion team gave everything they had to interrupt the cast of the summon and to destroy the building. This was our only chance to win.

Despite the fact that the capital of DI is in a very bad position (and is in range of the summon of nefarian), I really think that the main problem is that Shadowforge city should be capturable. Because right now once you've lost the building you are really punished. You cant rez Dagran, you cant summon Ragnaros and I think that you even lose the ability to make demi-heros.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    What's about a legion second's chance ? All factions can betray, and sometimes it's annoying to play alone. A lot of teal leave when his allies betray, like shadow council and syndicate, twilight hammer, or illidaris. I think then we should add a second chance to teal, when he lost archimonde or when he wants to change faction. An event that would only be possible with two traitors in the legion team, or with illidari's team. I thought of brokens. They are an important part of illidaris in lore, and red have already nagas + bloodelves + brokens + 5 heroes with akama. (Kael/vashj/naga overlord/solarian). In addition, there is enough to make a faction in its own right, let Arechron real hero or give them Kataru, leader of Umbrafen tribe. Starting units of lb, draeneis, are very gud. With a possibility to join the alliance, if light blue chooses to play shattaris. We could even make brokens can take shattaris with velen, a'dal and saved units of tempest keep if lb become scarlet crusade. Rename the faction "Draeneis". Join alliance will delete Kataru and give to brokens Nobundo the shaman and Telaar. We need a shaman in LTF, like thrall of LTA or Drek'tar. It will of course nerf original illidari's team who was up to be able to 2v1.

So I will summarize my proposal

Legion

-Ashtongues of Akama New faction path with the death of Archimonde => Teal join illidari's team with Akama and Kataru, leader of Umbrafen tribe (great ally of Vashj's nagas). Spawn to Shadowmoon Valley (akama) and Zangarmarsh (delete that useless night elf tree, and give them a little capital like Stromgarde. Tiny, but cool) (Give them a new green colours of 1.29, like player 23 or player 24)

-Broken's repentance :
    Brokens and Akama vow allegiance to A'dal and its Alliance allies => Give them Telaar new capital with Nobundo the old shaman (unrevivable without Telaar). Need alliance broken and shattari's event of light blue. A little rework of Telaar, more buildings and defenses. Akama can take Black Temple and "clean" it, as in the official lore.

-Draenei alliance : Take Shattrath, Velen and survivors of Tempest keep with Telaar and Nobundo. Need Scarlet Onslaught and Broken Alliance

Illidari :
    -Akama's allegiance : deleted

-Nerf of Solarian and back to 4 demi-heroes like everyone

Fel Horde :

-Teron's death knight : Fel horde must now choose between demon hunter and death knight but already keep Teron as hero

The Silverhand :

-Without Telaar, bcs that shit became invulnerable now, i think it's better to delete Arechon's funny run to tempest keep.

If u love my proposition, I am ready to think about units for these different factions for help u
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 5 / -23
    If legion loses arch then it should be over as the game needs to end at one point.
    I'd be ok with buffing legion when allies leave tho (something like new units once certain allies leave)
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lol, no. We have already Alliance and Scourge, Old gods or illidaris. We have so much to do. It is clearly stupid to end a game because archimonde is dead, there is so much to do. However, I want to understand that imposing death on Archimonde to become Broken is dumb. Perhaps I should have offered to give the Legion and its units to green if the search is done. If I am your reasoning, a game with a teal noob must be stopped, despite the fact that the scourge is still present or the possibility of other threats to surface. Let's not forget that a big up nerubian is planned, which will involve a new twilight faction and thus a twilight hammer up.
    I understand your reasoning, however, I find it a shame to put a breakpoint to a game that can offer a lot, and that would allow each of them to be different

Btw, no. The legion is powerful enough, that's why some changes have been applied to his towers.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -20
    You cant allow legion to betray so freely cause is a main faction. So I suggest u two scenarios to allow teal to become broken:
    + Archimonde dies: "the legión have been defeated. The bróken, former slaves of the demons are now free to try to restore their world".
    + ALL evil factions betrays legión, legion is alone: "with no mortal puppets to open their way into azeroth, the burning legion retreats for now, waiting in the void for better circunstances to take azeroth. Their slaves have now no masters, free and confused, should look for allies in this chaotic world"
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think there needs to be a 5 minute timer for Green to open up the dark portal, giving yellow and his allies some time to prepare for a 4 man team running through south.