1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 8 / -0
    @LordUTher @Elbadruhel
    I'm honestly not a fan of adding a whole new subpath for Legion - of all races. They are, quite simply, the core of the... well... The Legion Team.
    In much the same way that there's also no obvious betray path for Lich King - even though they could find themselves without allies much more easily.

But you do make a valid point about Legion becoming very weak after events like Illidari and/or Syndicate (the two often coinciding, since Shadow Council will be heavily challenged in Outland).
    Right now there are several paths for leaving the Legion force (Syndicate, Illidari, Twilight's Hammer), but only a single way to join the Legion team (Forsaken-->Putress/Varimathras Coup).

So I might consider re-adding Balnazzar/Mal'ganis takeover, and letting Scarlet Onslaught become Risen to join Legion force. A condition being that Legion team was down to 3 people (or less).
    Maybe.
    • This This x 1
  2. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    Legion weak after betrayals? Ahah might be the best joke I heard today
    Leave Bal as he is now, but if you really consider Legion weak, bring Risen back would be nice, even though I dont think Legion team needs more

What you could do on the other hand, is that if Archi is dead and pink went Putress, give some demonic units to pink as well as Detheroc and Bal, wouldn't be too broken and quite lore accurate, if of course you bring Risen back only Deth for pink

But dont forget how powerful legion can be, illidari team is still very weak until they get whole outland, and its more than a joke for teal to kill illidari by himself, vorpil or not
  3. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 8 / -0
    Well I didn't mean Legion was weak, I meant that force (i.e. the team, the group of allies, the friendly chums and buddies of Legion) would be weakened - losing 1-3 players off a 4man force is quite a blow, regardless of how strong Archimonde, or Kazzak, or Dreadlords remain.

But again; I'm considering. Not entirely sure whether I'll actually do it.
    Perhaps I'll finish up 0.28 (in twenty years or so), and we can talk about Risen for 0.29
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I think the Dreadlords Insurgents idea is one of the best to give legion a path/something after Archimonde is annihilated, since you lose all your stuff you are no longer a threat but a support faction with limited numbers of units much like Free Nerubians. Even Nerubians have it harder than legion because they appear very close to whatever army defeated the Lich king.

Also, Ranger Corps could get a nice touch adding something like Watchers (Alliance, only available if Illidari happens) as path for them (Remove Maiev stuff from Dalaran) make it a transition something like Highbourne-Blood Elves or Dwarves-Wildhammer. Rangers Corps would then become Watchers with Maiev as main hero (we can add Jarod Shadowsong or Naisha there is plently of lore too), Sylvanas would remain as a hero however if she dies she goes to Blue/DG but Watchers do not become Forsaken, Watchers as a faction would benefit from a much better unit composition than Rangers Corp in which things like archers and ranged dps would still be an important asset for Watchers but not as good as Rangers Corps. In addition, I would even add the option to go directly Night Elves for rangers (As an alternative for Watchers, only one can be chosen) omitting forsaken path if the players wishes so, after all Ranger Corps are a branch of the night elves society so it would make sense the big leaders to come and take over.

These changes would not mess up with the balance of the game too much and give additional content to two factions yet again it is only my viewpoint.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Ratings:
    +462 / 26 / -21
    I wasnt supporting the idea of betrayal path for legion. I was saying legiĆ³n is core of legion team and they should betray only when they are defeated: archi dies or legion is alone in the team and "accepts defeat".

@Charcu what is that about ranger corps being a branch of night elves??? They were part of the HIGH elve army, leaded by high elves.
  6. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 89 / -214
    sentinels are part of the night elves
    ranger corps (retconned to farstriders btw haHAA) are part of the queldorei army
  7. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +632 / 14 / -51
    Well technically the Dranie forces in Outland are meant to be timer giving Yellow and his allies time to prepare by having OJ/Teal/SC attack them in Tempest keep.

However since Dranie now auto leaves at 12 there is no need for those 3 factions to attack LB and can instead rush south at the start. It's true they lose echo dorne if they try that miss an opportunity for 300g but If they defend blackrock it's worth it.

Personally I don't think Rushing south as Evil in first 5 minutes is a good idea anyways. You are meant to be on defensive early as Orcs. IF you rush even Dwarves alone you lose tons since you are weaker early in comparison and once Dwarves's allies come you lose everything.
  8. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I continue to believe that a draenei faction would be good. I understand your points of view but I find it a shame to condemn the teal if he's surrounded by traitors and nobody wants to join him.
  9. EmperorFawful

EmperorFawful Gatsby Guardian Website Admin

Ratings:
    +3,086 / 30 / -105
    The main problem was the addition of Syndicate in my eyes.
    Before this change, Teal was fine, as he could depend on Green as his most trustworthy ally, even if OJ and Brown betrayed. Thus making Legion still balanced as a team as most times they would remain a 3/4 man-team, depending on either Illidari or Twilight Hammer happening, as both happening at the same time seems unrealistic.
    Maybe it should be done like with Cult of the Damned and Green can't go Syndicate as long as Archimonde is alive - that way Teal will be defended till the bitter end and Green isn't screwed if Legion messed up during early game so horrible that Archimonde died.
  10. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +632 / 14 / -51
    Well whole point of Mother factions like Dalaran, Blue LK and Legion is to keep their team together. They are given the most power in their team for a reason and that's to be their team's leader.

If you are failing the team and your allies are starting to betray cause they see no hope for the Legion team and are better off with another team then you have failed and don't deserve a second chance. Adding Faction paths to Dalaran, Blue and Teal is a terrible idea. It just makes the game more chaotic and imbalanced as there is no one holding the team's together.

I don't mind if there is like second chance path like the one @Onyx suggested where Teal is still part of the legion team. However if you add path where Teal can betray his allies and join another team it would a be terrible idea as it makes Legion fall apart so easily when slightest trouble happens. Also Legion is the strongest faction in the game when his allies betray, you can legit 1v3 or 1v4 after SC/OJ betrayal. Blue and Dalaran rarely get shit when their allies betray.

I guess you could add shits and gigs path like Fallen Nerubs or Gilneas where you can betray but there is low chance you'll actually win with betrayal but I don't think it's really necessary as it's just a waste of time.
    • This This x 1