1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LTF Suggestions: Revamps

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 8 / -0
    I'm also not a fan of the Rogue Alliance -- Worgen path for Dalaran, but people generally complained (quite a bit) that Dalaran was the only Alliance faction that couldn't leave the Alliance.

Dalaran, Lich King, and Legion should probably remain cornerstones of their respective main forces - as is lore appropiate; Legion is always bad guys, Dalaran is always the floating-capital-of-goodguy-efforts, and the Lich King invariably controls a horde of mindless zombies.
    The Rogue Alliance faction is problematic. They all spawn surrounded by other factions, they don't necessarily happen together (Worgen, Syndicate, and Scarlet Onslaught actually coincide rarely), and Syndicate usually (if possible) moves straight on to Alliance.
    One main issue with Rogue Alliance is Scarlet Onslaught - as they do not logically belong anywhere else. And even balance-wise they're hard to place. I suggested once before to let the Scarlet Onslaught be a dedicated <Abhorred> faction - meaning that they'd be solo, because everyone else fucking hates them (lore-wise, that is). The idea of a solo faction of course raises an army of other issues...

TL;DR: I wish Scarlet Onslaught was solo, Dalaran couldn't betray Alliance, and Syndicate was instant Calia Menethil/Alliance.
    • Have a cookie Have a cookie x 1
  2. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 6 / -23
    I mean Scarlet could stay with Alliance but specialized in fighting undead; they remain in the alliance 15-20 minutes before getting kicked (people found out they are crazies);
    and in those 15 min they can either try going risen or argent crusade.

Plus there are these guys that are ''good'' http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet_Renegades so you could just remove their evil heroes after some time.
    And generally they aren't looked at as the biggest enemy;
    To the Alliance, the Crusade’s single-mindedness is madness. So, no, the Alliance does not condone the Scarlet Crusade’s actions, but sees the problems caused by this organization as akin to having a stain on your shirt while your house is on fire. Until the greater problems are dealt with and the homeland is retaken, the Crusade will be free to act as it wishes. Besides they are, despite their mad zealotry, doing a good job with eradicating the undead from Lordaeron.
  3. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @Woodenplank
    So, what's about give my proposition to Shadow council? Syndicate/Alterac is an aberration of lore. I know, removing alterac's tower and that faction is boring.. Because i love Alterac, and Calia menethil the old Sally whiteman.... Mh-hm..... My little lady.., but.. Seriously.. Why? It's like Arugal with Genn Greyman, this is ugly as fuck. U can give back Scarlet monastery to Scarlet if you want, that will make them a little up if u need to let them alone. Btw, it might be wise to let the scarlet crusade in the alliance, removing the timer, as long as she did not choose scarlet onslaught. The Scarlet Crusade is not powerful enough to be played that way and stay in the alliance, the units are expensive, and without improvements by giving them eventually Sally, without scarlet onslaught. After all, in the beginning the crimson crusade was not fanatical. Its purpose was to protect and save what was left of Lordaeron's people by taking revenge on Arthas.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Catan

Catan

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For Onslaught,
    After Uther dies, Silverhand still goes SC, but starts with Alexandros instead of Renault (Gain Renault when Alex dies).
    When they gain Renault/Alex dies, they can select SC (do nothing), or form the Argent Dawn, gain Maxwell and maybe a Unitspawn, within the Argent Dawn they can go Crusade (5min timer?) like they always do. (I find it kinda strange to jump from SC to AC).
    Now SC Alex is dead. They gain Renault.
    • Saiden is now only a suit and can transform into Balnazzar.
    • Balnazzar can choose to form SO (Hostile every1) and be changed after 15min or so into Risen (legion)
    If SC chooses to "stay pure"
    • They lose Saiden
    • Gain Sally and SM and maybe Scarlet Bastion (would be new and a portal within Strath ruined Chruch) and Scarlet Palisade (Barrack and few Towers), some buffed up SC inline with AC Units
    • They still can gain Grand Inquisitor Isillien
    • They could be "loyal" to alliance (Like Garri was friends with Syl and Vari..., means to an end.)
    The "good" way of SC kills of the Draenei, but gives them some more strenght and possibilites within Lordaeron.
    So you dont have to play goatfaces.

The "bad" way should only be possible if 2 legion players betrayed, to bolster back to 3.

For Dalaran,
    Maybe push Ambermill to be a town (it survived up until BadStorywriting happend(Cata)) and give Shadowfang (after all Arugal was a Kirin Tor mage, up until the Archi destroyed Dala), remove Gilneas for Purp.

What to do with Gilneas? No idea^^.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Onyx

Onyx GrimmHeart Darksbane

Ratings:
    +658 / 18 / -61
    I dont mind crusade staying with Alliance with Alex, its some decent lore to be added
    I like the idea proposed above by Catan

Concerning Purple, what about bring Gilneas back in alliance and then make a full evil path with different heroes and goldrinn as semi god tier heroes without being bond to scythe?
    Or mb give possibility to gilneas to permanently summon Goldrinn when arugal reachs 15 and when he does so, he becomes part of Rogue?
  6. Spampolice

Spampolice The Soulflayer Shaman

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 33 / -134
    is liadrin in yet? oh she is?
    add a second liadrin

and a naval path pls
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm agreed with Catan, but Alex's events are pretty useless i think.
  8. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,232 / 8 / -0
    I'm going to make/consider some changes to "faction pathing" in patch 0.28, among other things I might phase out the <Rogue Alliance> force (and so young! :oops:)
    This includes making Syndicate a pure Calia-Menethil/Alliance path, removing the <Rogue Alliance> stamp from Worgen path, and redesigning the way Scarlet Onslaught works.

Here's a picture to give you an overview of what I want to do with Player 10 (Silverhand/Argent/Scarlet).
    Player10FactionPathing.png

NB: These are final, right now I'm just working on getting my editing file up to 0.27 level, so this is all something planned for the future, and I may well change my mind before then.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. LordUTher

LordUTher

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I love it, but i want Sally Whitemane : (
  10. Catan

Catan

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    And i hoped i could get somehow a way to stay my lovely scarlet crusade(and expand on him), and get a way to get rid of the draenei^^