1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make Burning Legion less predisposed to sniping (by changing their elites)?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SUNSTRIDER, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +92 / 4 / -17
    Alright, so now that we have some developers for LTA again :-) we can discuss possible changes again. The change I'd like to start a discussion is about Burning Legion, more precisely how their Hero+elite dreadlord squad is able to aim down important buildings or characters with effectiveness that no other faction can match even closely (right?).
    In case the developers and the community would want to change this (this very annoying crap), how would we do it?
    - The thing I can think of the easiest is to change their elites so they would fit a different play style. Doing this would almost half their aiming potential.
    Now, also if we look at it, Dreadlords (Nathrezim) are super represented for the teal player, you have 4 possible Dreadlord heroes + 1 dreadlord demi-hero, Dalvengyr (had to check wikia how to spell that name :D) AND THEN 4 more elites! so that is a shitton of dreadlords in my opinion (plus some of them come back for Scarlet Onslaught and Forsaken). :D Now why not make Legion's elites represent some other demon race (and more importantly a different play style as I said)? Here are a few examples of Legion races that we don't yet have represented (much): Mo'args (well apparently the Fel Guards are remotely related to them somehow idk, but they are obviously very different), Wrathguard (standard demonic awesomeness), Shivarra (alright the Shivarra are represented in the form of Succubis, and the flying demoness are I assume one other form of them as well... but those are very minor units), Tothrezim (these are mostly unknown of, they look like they could function as some flying elite unit maybe?).
    Now... all of these would want proper models as well, I have not yet gotten to the part of actually looking for them (wanna see how my topic is accepted first).
    Now if my post inspired someone to have an even better idea that's great and I wanna hear it :D
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +723 / 22 / -44
    @SvnmS has some ideas for cp sniping, as for hero and base sniping, it's mostly your fault for leaving your base unprotected and not having detectors with your hero group, always grab a shade with you!
  3. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +92 / 4 / -17
    Even with a small army against them, the Dreadlord squad is resilient enough and has enough of a damage output to get a kill before he takes too much damage (or even if he does lose a hero, it probably ends up worth it depending on the target)... But ok. :p
    Edit: oh and off-topic, :D did you figure out why Shades are being revealed (and then whacked) by every possible unit and it's grandma?
  4. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +723 / 22 / -44
    Yes, @TheKaldorei should've fixed it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Empress Azshara

Empress Azshara Spampolice's Lil Girl Brigand

Ratings:
    +625 / 65 / -119
    i see no reason to play this game anymore if sniping as legion is removed
  6. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,867 / 57 / -136
    I just want to point out that before Outland the main gameplay as Legion was to split all dreadlords and power level them through creeps, then it was slaughtering armies with carrion swarm/hunting the book and finally launching an invasion.

There is an option for at least 3 Legion paths - Outland dominance, Lordaeron dominance and inflitration
  7. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +865 / 12 / -26
    Lul, yeah dudes, let's take on editorship. And start by removing an option of one of the core factions, should be fine. Also, shades reveals flying hawks, there are so many options to fight their invisibility already.

Except for Scourge his shades are neither invisible nor can they see invisible. They are a legit waste of a unit at the moment. Probably a bug.