1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Map Progress!

Discussion in 'Fall of Draenor' started by Wrath_icefire, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wrath_icefire

Wrath_icefire Paragon Brigand Map Maker Legend

Hello everyone!

For a quit long time you have not heard of Fall of Draenor now, and I just want to say that I am sorry, I have not had to much time, to get my hands on more at the moment, however, some progress has been made.

-Actuall Progress-

-Most of the Paths (beside Shatterd Hand/Arakkoa/Auchindoun), are done, however there might accur some buggs.
    -A LOT of buggs have been fixed, there was for a long time like no progress, I am really sorry for that, but it was, and is really difficult to fix a few ones, because on most of them I don't even know what is actually wrong, even though we know THAT something is bugged. And it takes a long time to fix those special ones, most of the time it's just luck that I find out what's wrong.
    -New terrain has been made, specially for Auchindoun, so that race gets more interesting, specially to balance out the early game.
    There's now the Main City in the catacombs, from which leads a portal into the "Outer Catacombs", where the dead of the Dreanei's have been burried, and the Auchenai are watching over them. So, when you enter that region, a few of the Dead, therefor called "The Risen" (Has nothing to do with the Risen from the SC, however they rise from the Dead, so they have risen). Due to the Death of the Naar'u D'ore, the Dead is not in it's peace anymore, and the influency from the Darkened Naar'u grows greatly over time. So Auchindoun can go the following paths:

Might of the Fallen
    For aeons have the Draenei's burried their dead's in the catacombs beneath Auchindoun, the Auchenai are watching over them for years, but still they fear the Dark influency. Therefor they can not rest in peace, and they slowly start taking over to rise once again to defend their homeland, but although, they do not leave the inhabitants of Auchindoun the same...

-Your units are getting darkened, giving them "Darkened Attack", which can be compared to "Chaos Attack".
    -Your spellcasters will be exchaned, and get new spells. (More content about spells will follow soon)
    -Your Heroes and Units, lose the ability to conect to the Light, therefor, a few Spells for Heroes will be exchanged aswell.

Restoration of the Fallen

The Dreanei's inhabitating Auchindoun are fearing the Dark influency...The Auchenai have discovered that the Dead seems rising? again, to defend their homeland. Therefor the Vindicators and Auchenai have agreed on searching for the Darkness, which lies beneath Auchindoun, but those powers, shouldn't be taken lightly.....

-Your Vindicators will ge buffed and might exchaned with a sort of better vindicator unit.
    -Buffs your Elites, and slightly Maladaar and Boulestraan.
    -Enables access to D'ores catacombs, if you should be succesfull in defeating the Darkened one, the rising Dead will stop.
    -If you are able to create something out of pure Light, to restore the Naar'u, you will get D'ore as an extremlly powerfull Hero. (Information will come)

-Wrath

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Might of the Fallen is OP. Every single unit getting Darkened attack, and when the heroes are so strong. They should get unallied from their other draenei allies because they have turned away from the light.
  3. AngusKirby

AngusKirby Grgmrgl Brigand

Looks pretty good so far :D Any info for Frostwolf paths? I'd love to see Ga'nar in Fod.
    And will attack types be different in Fod than most warcraft maps?
  4. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

I already had this idea long time ago, that they will unally, but it would cause a big balance issue. And I am not sure if it worked.
  5. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Chaos attack isn't really that big of a bonus. I feel like its often overrated, and can even hurt sometimes.
    Chaos attack doesn't necessarily deal more damage than other damage types - it doesn't ignore armor, it ignores armor type.

Example: (Note, I'm using standard WCIII values here, they might be a bit different in FoD)
    A unit with Heavy armor will take only normal damage from most attacks, such as Piercing or Hero, but takes increased (double, in fact) damage from Magic attacks.
    Chaos attacks deal 100% damage to all armor types, meaning that a team with full Chaos damage will have no means of dealing bonus damage to Heavy armored units. Likewise with Siege/Fortified damage and armor types, Chaos damage will not hurt buildings or Unarmored units particularly hard - but Siege damage gets 50% bonus damage against Unamored (most casters) and Fortified (most buildings). So in the end, Chaos attacks (while useful in some ways) will often leave the player with less diversity and ability to adapt.

TL;DR - Chaos attack removes chance for Damage Bonuses against certain armor types.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

How's the map progressing?
  7. Reaver

Reaver Brigand

It god damn rapes buildings compared to anything else but siege.
  8. Wrath_icefire

True, but still, I changed it that it just deals 75% to buildings :-)
  9. AngusKirby

AngusKirby Grgmrgl Brigand

Will casters have chaos damage?
  10. Wrath_icefire

Yes.