1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Map Project

Discussion in 'Balance: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, Mar 4, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Greetings everyone !
    So the idea for this project is actually quite old. It was when I was still co-editing under Marshmalo. it started as a project for a mode in LTA called "Exodus Mode" where the map starts empty, and you can choose where to start by controlling a wagon and settling somewhere. It eventually got scraped.

Recently, before I actually started editing LTA again, I had taken permission from Marshmalo and Draupne to use the LTA terrain to make a map that I had ideas for but not time to make terrain. I gave up on that a bit later when I took over LTA again. But I have just recently found a little bit of time since TheKaldorei has been working on the LTA map and I thought why not try to make that Exodus Mode, could be fun !

And so here it is, I only had a little bit of time scattered within a week to make this, so it is incomplete. But here it is nonetheless.

I present to you (do not take the lore seriously) :
    BALANCE : THE AFTERMATH
    [​IMG]
    "It is a story that follows the aftermath of the great balancing. There was once a map full of diverse races that battled for dominance over the map. However, each race wouldn't stop complaining about how the other races are better. And so the shaper of the world decided to bring balance to it. And he did that by destroying everything and creating new settlers to populate the world. Settlers that are all equal !"

I unfortunately don't have much time anymore, as IRL strikes again. But I'll probably release the map later today.
    I'll update it perhaps if there is enough interest later on.

The currently incomplete things are :
    1. There are only 7 heroes available, and you get one randomly, I wanted to make it so that there are around 36 or more and each player can choose 2. So that is something I can expand later.
      I couldn't write lore for all the heroes either.
    2. Only Human/Elven/Dwarven units available for now. I have ideas for the more diversity, which I think is important for this kind of map, so that each player can choose a direction to take his techtree in an intuitive way that doesn't feel too complex. I could do that later.
      But the currently available units should make for some fun, there are already more than what is usually available for one race.
    3. No elites yet.
    4. Not all Artifact items have been added to the game yet.
    5. Some models are not fitting.
    I was going to organize a Forum Test game for it today, but I don't think I'll be able to stay late tonight to do that, so I'll just release the test version and let people try it however they want. There might will be some bugs.

Gameplay Notes :
    1. The Blacksmith fulfills the roles of both the Lumber mill and a regular Blacksmith, peasants can return lumber there.
    2. All CPs give 10 gold/s and can be upgraded to townhall structures that give more gold. These are the structures that revive heroes.
    3. The map doesn't necessarily need 12 players to function. But it is better to have 8 or more I think.

Latest version for now : https://www.epicwar.com/maps/280284/
    • Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Savage Savage x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

I swear there is a dead map quite similar to this. Azeroth Re imagined or Azeroth Reborn or something similar. It was the one where you could choose like 30 different races.

Cool idea tho, it can be interesting.
  3. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

This one will most likely end up dead as well, since getting its "lore" requires knowing LTA beforehand.
    But it was fun to make. People playing it will be an icing on the cake.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of

why not 24 players?
  6. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Because 1.29 is still unstable, but will make it 24 when the stable version comes out.
  7. Kamikaze15

Kamikaze15

You are joking right? ...Right??

Otherwise seems like it could be fun!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Why hasn't Blizzard hired you yet? 11/10 lore?!
    • This This x 1
  9. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Arlt

Arlt Archangel of Wisdom Brigand Legend

• Funny Funny x 3