1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New update fixes alot of World Editor stuff. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Readywhip, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Readywhip

Readywhip

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    World Editor Improvements
    • Added support for vJass with JassHelper
    • Most buffs/debuffs can simultaneously apply to the same unit if their ID’s are different
    • Added BlzPlaySpecialEffect
    • Added BlzSpecialEffectAddSubAnimation
    • Added BlzSpecialEffectRemoveSubAnimation
    • Added BlzSpecialEffectClearSubAnimations
    • BlzSetSpecialEffectHeight will take terrain height into consideration
    • Users may choose up to 16 tiles including cliffs
  2. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Ratings:
    +1,827 / 13 / -10
    It's not going to magically spawn regular LTA updates
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • This This x 1
  3. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Well this well help most maps for sure. Also I think multiple auto-cast option has also been added so this should help things be easier for casters tho still it was quite smart to make the trigger that auto-casted spelled are blinded to another spell to get away with this. E.g Sorceress casting Slow results in them also summoning Wyrms. I wonder how you came up with that trigger @SvnmS

Still messing around with other macro maps I think main issue with LTA is object editor lag due to size and amount of stuff imported in. I wonder how much a good PC can help in that situation tho. I swear performance improves if you increase priority to higher than normal for World editor tho be careful. I wonder if that's ever been tried.
  4. opgtekcor

opgtekcor

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The editor improvements are a start however are still behind years of work put in by the community.

Being able to choose the 16 tiles is new, however 16 is still a limit which doesn't exactly offer for a huge variety of climates.
  5. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 14 / -39
    Marshmalo made that trigger.
    I do give it a higher priority, though never noticed much difference, I do it because I often just do that with most things I use.
    Not much to get form this list though, mostly things for special effect triggers. Any bug fixes are welcome, I wonder if they fixed the crashing issue. I doubt many people reported that to them, if any at all. Smaller maps never crash, only bloated things like LTA and LTF have this issue.
  6. ZeroFlotsie

ZeroFlotsie Lord of Hate Shaman Legendary Donator

Ratings:
    +1,082 / 13 / -30
    Guess what wc3 is more broken than it was before, there is no external files allowed withint wc3, so any save/load game is completely broken at the moment. If you click on items in your inventory there are chances that the game will crash for every single person in the game. And there are so many more issues now. No this patch is not good in anyway.
  7. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Pretty sure the Jenkins crash was reported tho not sure if they fixed. That's true about smaller maps tho indeed.

However I think I finally figured out the reason behind crash after playing with the NetEase Chinese platform. In there they don't have Jenkins crash error or any sorta crashes which cause one player to drop and others to stay. The main crashes which are ruining LTA here don't happen there but I'm not sure is it due to the patch they use or their amazing servers and platform. However a big plus there is also they have a freaking Reconnect system so even if you hypothetically crash, it doesn't matter.

But If there is a mass crash it's 100% the Map's fault and that is why I reckon LTF is hopeless in it's current situation. LTA does occasionally also mass crash but quite rare in comparison to LTF. Nor better patches or servers can help you with mass crashes. It's the map and has to be fixed. Reconnect also doesn't work if mass crash happens.
  8. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 14 / -39
    I was talking about the editor crashing, not the game. And yes, mass crashing is 100% a trigger issue with the map. I love those crashes because I know they can be fixed. What I hate is being unsure whether it is the map or the game that is causing the issue.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    This is the worst patch we have had in awhile, its made custom games even more unstable. I am now crashing even on small RPG maps like Zompie Rising/ROTV. These didnt have crash problems before now players are crashing one by one. I can't imagine how screwed maps like LTA and LTF are now since even the small scale ones are having problems.

Apparently they are doing stuff to the MPQ files this patch in order to stop people hacking in melee games. So all these problems we are getting could be for the sake of melee games.

I know they have big plans for the world editor but all the stuff they are adding we had previously through the addons the community had created, plus back then we had a more stable editor. I hate to be negative but the the only good thing thats happened since they started the update was the increase in map file size. Everything just seems to further ruin the custom game experience.

I really hope a new hotfix patch comes out soon!

EDIT: Tthey have confirmed they are working on the crashes the new patch has brought:
    crashes.png
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    What we need is an option to turn off model animations within the world editor, this would stop the general lag we get when working with terrains on large maps like LTA. Obviously it wont stop all the lag with selecting unit variables and stuff but it would be something atleast.
    • This This x 3