1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New update fixes alot of World Editor stuff. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by Readywhip, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Nalesean

Nalesean Communism has never been tried Brigand Donator Legend

Ratings:
    +1,355 / 9 / -29
    Makes sense, the more "pro" melee players who have returned to battlenet in favour of wc3arena and other platforms have been quite vocal about the maphackers around. Unfortunatly it seems like pretty much anything not part of the original game is being caught in the crossfire as they strike out at the maphacks.

CanĀ“t even load youtd saves :(
  2. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    The two fairly recent Warcraft 3 employees who were hired were both prominent Hive members. I'm sure they sure they can sympathize
  3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,328 / 12 / -17
    Its really promising news that those people were hired from the hive, it means they will give some love to the custom map community but WC3 is so old and they have so much to update I fear it is going to get worse before it can get better. The latest patch is proof of this. :(
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    I see your point. Tho there is a lot more people working on WC3 now than before. Still these guys are new to the engine despite knowing Warcaft 3 really well. They are still figuring out and testing the limits of the engine for updates. They ll get much better as time passes. However then updating and fixing Warcraft 3 will definitely break the custom maps and a lot Hive fan made resources as they will no longer be compatible and most no longer receive updates. In the long run tho it will be much better for the entire community. Just gotta hope they don't break it too much in short term.

Worst comes to worst we just keeping playing custom maps on Netease in China :-). It's free and It's platform its 1000times better than Battle.Net has ever been. It's also not unlike Battle.net as it generally has 20-40k playing custom maps every time you login. Only thing is ping but for most custom maps that's not much of a big deal. I'm living proof. :D