1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WC3 Patch - Fixing Custom Maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arlt, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Arlt

Arlt Archangel of Wisdom Brigand Legend

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Arlt

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arthos

Arthos Last Roman Brigand

OMG arlt you just double posted

Also at long fucking last we have some good news from blizzard i didnt want to update wc3 because people told me that they even lag or crash in singleplayer i hope they are fixing this for good and not making more problems, i like that they are investing into this old game but pls blizzard be carefull :(
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Well this could probably just mean now you still crash but they are kind enough to just give you an useless error line on why.
  5. Arlt

It without a doubt means that they fixed the crashes. It is highly unlikely that they would use such wording, if they had only made the error appear.
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

I still don't it means most of the crashes. Just some of the major ones caused on 1.31 affecting melee as well custom hero survival and Legion TD etc.

LTF for example been kinda unplayable for a long time now. Specially Jenkins error so it will be there. However at least having a line on the crash help a lot to realize whether it was memory and WC3 or MMH.

I'm more interested about this tho:
    • Large address aware has been enabled allowing the client to use up to 3GB of memory on some machine
    This should help a lot with macro maps with memory leaks like LTA tho still won't help you with GetLocalPlayer mess ups and MMH.

They really need to allow the client to use up to way way more than that tho.
  7. Kolladan

Kolladan Ambassador of the Poor Legion

Well, I've tested DAoW in single player with PTR patch and... still crashed, while i've been doing that. Ba-dum-ts.
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Well its a good start but people are still apparently having issues with custom maps crashing on the PTR, though the crash seems to happen alittle later into game than before.

I downloaded the PTR and tested LTF on it, I 100% crash on loading for this map on 1.30 version but on the PTR it loaded and I was able to let the game run for 3 hours and no crash. This is promising thought it obviously dosnt simulate multiplayer conditions so not a proper test, but it shows they are atleast making progress.

Blizzard have also just commented to say that they are aware of issues with the PTR version and will be releasing another version next week, so I will test again then.

Though in my opinion they should just release the current PTR version as live even if its not finished, anything is better than WC3 in its current state, atleast with the PTR you get some time before it crashes on you.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Uther01

Uther01 God of champions Brigand Map Maker

I dont know why everybodys crashin. You can play online with no problem, unless its lta. At least for me Im not crashing
    • Like Like x 1