1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planetary Domination Major Overhaul

Discussion in 'Custom Ideas for maps' started by Marshmalo, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

PDOM Banner.png
    PLANETARY DOMINATION PATCH 2.04
    Major content Overhaul
    LATEST VERSION: 2.03

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/266999/

SUMMARY: Planetary Domination has been out awhile now, and although feedback on the terrain and graphics was very positive, the game suffered from many gameplay flaws. In this huge patch many of these problems have been addressed, theres a new resource and research system, new units and new gameplay mechanics. Alot of the annoying and boring aspects of the game have also been removed. So if you enjoyed the setting and look of PDOM in the past hopefully this can persuade you to give it another go!

GENERAL CHANGES:
    - RESOURCE SYSTEM: The most major change to PDOM is the resource system. Arkanor (gold) has been completely removed, only Iridium crystals are required to build bases and units.
    This removes the annoying need to convert mineral types and the Arkanor mines made the map too similiar to standard WC3 melee games.

- RESEARCH: There is now a new research system, research points are required to expand your technology and evolve your hive. These are generated passively from your Research Arrays or Evolution Pools. This new system of teching adds some extra uniqueness to the map and differentiates it from WC3 or SC2 melee.

- ANCIENT ALIEN TECHNOLOGY: More alien ruins can be found on the surface, these include the warp gates which can activated and work like waygates, opening up the terrain and providing some extra unpredicatbility to a match. Interacting wth these ancient and complex devices requires Research Points.

- RADAR TECHNOLOGY: Both Alien Hives and Human corporations have access to long range radars, these monitor large areas of the map for activity and help in keeping your borders safe.

ALIEN HIVES
    - THE HIVE QUEEN: The biggest addition to the alien species is the new Hive Queen super unit. She acts as the Hive Mind to your colony and has a range of useful long range abilities, she can also be upgraded to a powerful addition to the battlefield.
    But be careful, for your colony can not survive without its central mind, if the Hive Queen is killed your Hive is doomed. This game design also gives Humans another mission to hunt down the Alien Hive Queens.

HUMAN CORPORATIONS
    - Lots of new content: New hero, the Engineer, new experimental units and new Drone unit types.

SCREENSHOTS
    Human Explorers Approach an Ancient Warp Gate:
    PDOM SCREEN01.JPG

A Hive Queen moves her army into battle:
    PDOM SCREEN02.JPG
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • This This x 1
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

Update? When? How? looks amazing by the way
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Marshmalo

When: Tonight, How: through MMH :-)

Bear in mind its got alot of new stuff so may need to be fixed/balance, all feedback is greatly appreciated!
  4. Zerwikaptur

Zerwikaptur Brigand Donator

Noone expected planetary inquisition.
    • Savage Savage x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

damm Goa'uld
  6. NikolaT.

NikolaT. the rightful King of Scotland Brigand

[​IMG]
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Any patch notes in the air, Marsh?
  8. Thebig061

Thebig061 Assasin

Well i think this is enough proof on why you are quiting viking settlers.Though i like Viking Settlers this i played and i like too.So keep on the good work and good luck :D.
  9. Kamikaze15

Kamikaze15

Might be me being awkward, but version 2.0 of the map is not appearing on MMH anymore :( (it was this evening)
  10. Marshmalo

Umm well this was such a big patch its best to think of it as a blank canvas so just asume everythings changes (no sorry I didnt do any patch notes as this was such a huge update).

That was me, I played a game of it, I think you were in it actually? It was craxy but fun but I realised there was a big problem with minerals being resourced too fast, basicaly resources were so abundant they became almost worthless. Because this was such a major balance problem I'ved pulled the map while I work on a quick balance fix, it should be available again within 30 minutes to an hour.
    • Informative Informative x 1