1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plans for 0.28 and the road ahead

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Woodenplank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Woodenplank

Woodenplank Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,179 / 8 / -0
    As some of you may have read from other threads, LTF recently became somewhat "corrupted" with warcraft patch 1.29
    As a result I had to wipe trigger data from the map, and will now have to copy it in bit-by-bit from an older version, and I have to reset all unit, ability, etc. variables in the process.

This isn't a particularly hard task, but let me give you an idea of how time consuming editing LTF can be.
    • Opening any variable that refers to a unit, region, or ability (Triggering Unit, Center of <That region>, etc. etc.) takes a good 30-45 seconds. And I'm not even kidding; the editor lag in a map as huge as LTF actually makes it 30-45 seconds... Lit-te-ral-ly
    • I have about 200+ triggers to rearrange/redesign/redo. Some of them have many of these references (think of every trigger/event/death relating to a faction Hero or capital building... or anything that spawns anything in an area...), and some have fewer
    • If we say an average of just two variables per trigger, that makes ca. 400 variables to change.
    • 400 variables to change x 30 seconds per change = 200 minutes = 3.3 hours of just waiting
    • And then you add "time to save map, time to load map, time to restart editor after crashes" + the time I actually have to spend figuring out which units go where, what events I have to remember to recreate, and how to design the trigger.
    • +I'm gonna make mistakes now and then. No denying it; and I'll also have to spend time testing the map to check these things out - which is super duper time consuming in the loading screen and setting up event in-game as well
    • And then add the fact that I'm desperately trying to have a life - aside from LTF (yes... sorry about that)
    In other words; 0.28 won't be out for a fairly long time.

Right now LTF feels like work - a particularly dull and mind-numbing work (like this one time when I had a job to repackage wine for 7 hours straight a few days). So to keep myself from going insane, and I'll also work on some more fun and inventive projects, such as my other map.
    But fret not, I'll do my very best to make it worth the wait, and 0.28 will feature new designs and previously unseen mechanics. I'll make sure to pack it with all new content that should be pretty fucking gamechanging.

In the meantime, I hope you can all have patience with me.
    Thanks for reading.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • This This x 1
    • Have a cookie Have a cookie x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Spectator

Spectator Donator

Ratings:
    +575 / 14 / -48
    Don't worry bro you are doing really well. Plus Most of us who were here from the early days are used to at least 4 months wait time per patch :D.
    • Like Like x 1
    • This This x 1
  3. Hotbooster

Hotbooster

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -1
    I wholeheartedly support the remaking from scratch.
    I don't think stability could get worse and honestly since you've taken the map it has only gotten better in all regards not just stability.
    You're the best editor we've had so far, don't put yourself down for small things.
  4. reddragon25

reddragon25

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Take your time, I am shure it will be awsome.
    • This This x 1
  5. Kamikaze15

Kamikaze15

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -5
    Reaaaally Wooden? With all the money we pay you? How dare you, ingrate nincompoop.

Take all the time you need, as you are the Lord and master (vice Lord and master?) And if you release another map while you are at it, all the sweeter.
  6. Lunelune

Lunelune Known double post Inquisitor, and Heretic caller. Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,069 / 55 / -129
    Just take your time Woodenplank.
    Take a break every now and again as well if you ever feel like it's becoming too much :-)
  7. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Good luck friend, just take your time and no worries. We are not in stable version and it might take a while for blizzard to be happy and finish making big changes to the game so have it easy.
  8. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +136 / 5 / -19
    This is the first time in my life that I see the word "nincompoop" written. :eek: And yeah Wooden is a bit of selfish bastard isn't he?
    lol jk :] love you!
  9. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei GirlGamer BTW Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,478 / 87 / -206
    wooden we luv u

buff night elves while ur at it, seems like a good time to me xddd buff chimaeras amirite THIS IS A MEME
  10. Talinn

Talinn Map Maker

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I honestly think that editors should be paid cash monies for some of this shit. Streamers are gifted money for less. And yeah, I bought a new computer just to edit AWLR so I know the feels (although I did editing much less than you plank)

The time has come for ye players of LTF to pay up.

=o