1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Foremath' started by Devolver, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Devolver

Devolver

Ratings:
    +40 / 4 / -1
    why lta and ltf crashed for in single and in multiplayer help.
  2. Arthos

Arthos Last Roman Brigand

Ratings:
    +564 / 9 / -30
    blizzard didnt fix the game properly, there are still crashed and desync on any kind of maps
  3. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    Well it looks like the latest patch introduced a bug where if you don't restart your WC3 client after every game you will desync, this used to be the case for maps like LTA and LTF but now its affecting alot of other maps. I don't know why they can't just make it so wc3 clears all data once you leave a game, I'm not a technical person but it can't be that hard to fix.

I havnt had a chance to test the new patch as my old coputer has died but I was really hopeing they had finally fixed all the problems but it looks to me like the development team is in way over their heads.

When i tested LTF on the PTR I was able to play single player for 3 hours.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Motodaman117

Motodaman117

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel like it might not be easy to fix but when you own a huge company called blizzard it shouldn't be that hard
  5. ponasozis

ponasozis SOVIET Angry marine Brigand

Ratings:
    +1,422 / 18 / -87
    If this was EA we would have had several dlcs by now which would have fixed issues one at the time for a price of just 19.99$

But because its blizzard-cancervisoon instead we won t get any fixes at all after some fuck up in the future that will say oy vey shut it down
  6. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Fixed in Netease already so they literally have to copy paste.

However other than the fact that they are not getting any money out of Warcraft 3, I think the main reason they won't fix it is to make the remake more appealing. There is absolutely no rational reason other than remake not to fix Warcraft 3, Add in Micro transactions and have the custom map makers grow other.

The Warcraft 3 remake tho will look a lot more appealing if Warcraft 3 original is a broken trash. They don't want a community split like they had with Starcraft 1 and 2.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Devolver

Devolver

Ratings:
    +40 / 4 / -1
    well, okay, I go to Warcraft 3 I go to the single I go to the LTF start and HERE when I had to load crash
  8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +3,330 / 12 / -17
    I honestly don't believe blizzard would sabutage their own game willingly, also it wouldnt make any comercial sense. People would lose interest in a WC3 remake if the original is completely broken, if they couldnt get custom maps working in the original then I'd have no hope of them doing so for the remake and just wouldnt buy it. Alot of people are only interested in the custom map side of things and wouldnt buy a remake unless they are garranteed to work.

You can clearly see from the response and all the many patches on the PTR that the development team were genuinly trying to fix the game. The good side is that now the "desync unless you restart" issue have become much worse blizz will need to fix this now and can't ignore it! :-)

Devolver the recent patch seems to haved fixed most peoples issues with LTF/LTA so I think the issue might be more your installation. My advice would be to completely uninstall WC3 and reinstall, maybe theres a problem with your patching process.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and my games seem quite stable now with this new patch evenw hen playing LTF, I asked around and people were saying they generally only crash now on LTF an hour and a half into game. Which is a huge improvement!

I also recomend installing using the english - US version as people are reporting problems with the non english versions, even missing trigger functions which I imagine would cause big problems if those trigger functions are used.

I'm no technical expert but I've been keeping up to date on all the patch issues lately and this is my advice. Hope it helps.
    • This This x 1
  9. Charcu

Charcu

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    By now I would be willing to pay for an expansion or Warcraft III again just so they fixed the Battle.net platform, player's synchronization and maybe some kind of reconnection option for online games. I played 2 LTF games yesterday with no issues, should be fine again...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

Ratings:
    +661 / 16 / -63
    Not purposely sabotage but purposely not apply easy and obvious fixes. e.g Copying Netease. Also Netease having the better version of this game free to play shows how overpriced Warcraft 3 is at $30! It makes no commercial sense to update WC3. Anyone who wanted to buy it has bought it. No one after 2k13 went Oh, I'm gonna buy WC3. So updates won't incentives anyone to buy it and having current player base play it brings them no money since there are no Micro-transactions.

The numbers for Custom maps don't look good at all in Battle.net. While there 40,000 people daily players online in Netease playing with 90% playing Custom maps. In battle.net there only 3000 daily players and my bet is that at least 80% of them play melee for most and custom map is something for fun at times (Look viewer numbers for Melee and compare them to custom maps tho I don't there any channels showcasing them anymore anyways, Also Hive's traffic is terrible atm too which is a sign). Good custom maps got imported to better platforms such as Dota 2 and Starcraft and others. So pretty much WC3 has nothing to offer anymore apart from LTA and some campaign maps. (Most can be done in Starcraft 2 anyways).

Blizzard won't care about 300-400 Custom map players left on Battle.net. They are not even obliged to support the editor anyways. As long melee goes well it's fine.

A Remake is the whole point why Blizzard does not just Copy paste a guaranteed working platform from Netease to Battle.net. With literally a copy pasta and Translator, Blizz can make WC3 10x better and more profitable than what is today. However that will get hype and make remake less appealing. 99% of people who will buy the remake won't have had touched normal WC3 for years so they won't really care about if it's broken.