1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procrastination

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Arlt, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Spectator

Spectator Adapt or Die Donator

I mean yes the final product which is the game itself is sure as hell enjoyable. But the editing process itself and working with the Warcraft 3 editor? haha I don't think so at all, unless you are into some sorta nerd bdsm. That is like enjoying typing feedback and bug reports, that is just plain boring. You only do it for the final product. Yea small part of the editing might be enjoyable but most of it is pain.

It takes extreme dedication to focus yourself on a map and work on it every day and get expect no gratification for A year or more even.
  2. Arlt

Arlt Last Emperor Advisor Legend

I honestly believe that most editors enjoy working on their maps, except if it is LTA of course. Right @Draupne?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Savage Savage x 1
  3. Vidovit

Vidovit Basileus Brigand Donator Harbinger of L:TA

I think we all have this problem
    I work online for example and many times i waste my morning on youtube and then i'm tired of the screen to work. But i'm not tired to play a game or something.
    So best tip is to put yourself out of that situation by going to some public place to work on your task; or that's why i pay coffee every day to work outside while having an empty house.
  4. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

You got it pretty much right
    LTA and Life of a Peasant are not too enjoyable
  5. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Same way someone enjoys reading.