1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress Information

Discussion in 'The Last Crusade' started by Smyl, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

I am gonna (or Wrath) post here sometimes some pictures of terrain development and update this first post on how the map is going on :-)

Terrain - 100%
    Triggers - 100%

Units - 100%
    Events - 50%

Overall - 87,5%

Note that terrain takes the longest time to do and after we make terrain, units triggers and events will follow way faster ;)

The Last Crusade.png
    • Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. Smyl

You have seen already the trailer I guess, so I am gonna add a new picture which you have not seen yet. Can you guess where this is?
    1.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Nice but I still think the Grand Strategy genre is oversaturated. Make some good replayable map that is not that hard to do. Right @Harald and Arius ?
  4. Krotos

Krotos The Lore Judge. Brigand Map Maker

Looks like the area behind Tyr's Hand - New Avalon I presume?
    • This This x 3
  5. Forsaken

Forsaken Inactive Map Maker

Looks really good, you can just add more environment, like lily pads, shrub, flowers... Good luck! :-)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Harald

Harald Loremaster Shaman Map Maker

I'm starting to get slightly annoyed by this mesis ... Please stop
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • This x 1
    • Savage x 1
    • Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  7. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

Best Nathrezim RP ever 10/10
    • Savage Savage x 1
  8. Smyl

Hey guys,

since we are soon going to release the map to beta testers (yes finally it is happening) I thought that I would share some news with you guys.

For those that do not know this map.

Timeline: After the fall of the Lich King
    ---
    Player number count: Starting with 4 (future expansions will add more players - expansions of Quel'Thalas, Tirisfall Glades, Gilneas, etc. all the way to Arathi Highlands featuring Stromgarde)
    ---

Teams:
    • Remnants of Scourge ( 1. Stratholme + Darrowshire, 2. Scholomance + Andorhal)
    • Humans ( 1. Tyr's Hand + Lights Hope Chapel + Plague Towers, 2. Hearthglen + Andorhal + obtainable villages in Northern Lordaeron)
    ---
    Starting zones with release: Eastern Plaguelands, Western Plaguelands/Lordaeron, Northern Lordaeron
    ---

Fighting: it is control points based game, with upgradable units, you have certain heroes in this timeline, some events will be added (we need to discuss this with beta testers),

Notable Heroes: Kel'Thuzad, Arius Rivendare, Tirion Fordring, Maxwell Tyrosus and more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway I wanted to also mention that if someone is curious and want to help up with development we are still looking for a beta tester/s (1 or 2 more would be great).

Before we release this map we want to have everything ready and working so me and Wrath_Icefire do not release a map which will be buggy, half baked and simply not even a beta.

That is why we are looking for beta testers who will have exclusive early access to the game, we want to organise with them several games where they will be playing against each other so we can balance the game out even before we release it (Yes balancing a game, have you heard of it?)

When the map is going to be released we might be fixing some missing bugs, events which were not included in the original release.

After some time when the game is 100% stable we will start working on an expansion (you will most likely get the chance to vote for whether you would rather get Blood elves or Forsaken sooner) which will add another 2 players, new events and of course new terrain to explore,

FAQ

Why are we releasing only 4 playable factions now?
    When you are making a map out of a scratch it is very hard. You have to do so much things and come up with so many different spells in just one period. This way we can focus only on 4 factions and make them very unique and not similar to each other.

I want to become a beta tester, where do I sign?
    Please Private Message me and Wrath_Icefire (together in one message).

When will this map be released to public?
    I am expecting that it could be done even in this month (December 2017), but if something goes wrong it might be delayed to January/February (I am in college and Wrath is in military so we do not have thousands of hours to work on this).

2017-12-04 (1).png 2017-12-04.png 2017-12-04 (2).png
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Manetho

Manetho The Senate of The New Order

• What? What? x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  10. Julian

Julian Hero of the Alliance