1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Progress Information

Discussion in 'The Last Crusade' started by Smyl, Sep 13, 2016.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

I agree with @Yousef, opportunities to open paths should often be taken, they make gameplay more interesting.
  2. Smyl

Smyl The Last Crusade shall visit even you! Brigand Map Maker

wait western plaguelands? so you mean where the golems are?
  3. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Yes
  4. Smyl

Okay cool, thats Northern Lordaeron btw.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Smyl

So the Caer Darrow has been reterrained to fit more lore and maybe esthetics, I hope you like it.
    upload_2018-5-10_14-12-27.png

Some info to the progress, we already have people testing the map, we are currently making fixes to broken stuff and adding some events.
    Fixing tool tips is on a way as well and of course balance is our main focus.
    • Like Like x 2
    • This This x 1
  6. Smyl

upload_2018-5-21_12-37-33.png
    upload_2018-5-21_12-38-18.png
    upload_2018-5-21_12-41-29.png
    upload_2018-5-21_12-42-5.png
    upload_2018-5-21_12-42-48.png

Hey guys, so I have decided to take some final pictures of most of the terrain :-)

We are really getting close to finishing the map, so I hope that you are hyped :-)
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mesis

Mesis Brigand

Terrain looks great, hopefuly gameplay will be as good
  8. Smyl

Well we are doing our best, we do not want to make the same mistake as we did with Fall of Draenor, so this time, we are really going to deliver a finished project, right now we are already balancing the game as much as possible, since it is only 2 vs 2 it is rather easier to balance. Also there will be enough of events to keep the game interesting and also there are more ways of how you can play the game. <-- even we do not know yet, what is the best strategy in Western Plaguelands, because there a lot of ways of how you can fight this (this is also the fight that we are right now focusing).

Some of the events in Western Plaguelands
    In the pictures you can see various villages that are located in Northern Lordaeron, those villages can be obtained via a quest of chains, where you visit a village and kill the thugs nearby, thus earning trust and honor of the village, which will eventually join, there are in total 3 villages in north, that you can obtain this way.
    In western Plaguelands you can also revive Uther the Lightbringer. It is rather hard and something you will not see every game, but there is possibility of it.
    Restoration of the Order of the Silver Hand, something we want to implement into the game as well, currently worked on. - if you have any idea, how you would do it, what you need to have etc. please share as well.
    New plague - a series of researches, that can create a new plague in Northern Lordaeron - if you have any idea, how you would do it, please share :-)
  9. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Nice terrain. Really like Tyrs hand and the doodads u have used there, good job men.
  10. Smyl

Just a quick note. The game will contain observation slots. As you can guess, you can observe the game. I hope that for example youtubers or tournament events will appreciate this tactic. Maybe even coaching :D

Some stuff that were added into the game:
    • shop with items around the map
    • Fountains of health and mana around the map
    • Several path which you can go as each faction
    • New events for each faction - from capturing bases to reviving old heroes (Uther)
    • Restorations of destroyed factions as Order of the Silver Hand
      • In the expansion which will contain Forsaken as humans you can lead it to restoration of Lordaeron
    • Various tooltip fixes, pathing fixes, broken spells, unfinished units and many more

Like I like to keep saying. The map is really nearing to its end, sadly I currently have exam period, so I cannot work on it that much, but what I can tell you is, that during Summer on 100% the map will be delivered in not even beta version, but full playable map tested, fixed and balanced.

I hope that you will play our map and I hope that I can soon start collaborating with some youtubers ( @Harald , @zo_Om , @Azothan and more, please give me names :D ) if they wish too. I want to give them an early access to the map, show them what will be in the game and what the gameplay will be like, so they can give you a better picture than I can just from these posts.

And as always, stay awesome guys.

- Smyl and Wrath_Icefire
    • Like Like x 1