1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resigning from LTA editorship

Discussion in 'Lordaeron: The Aftermath' started by SvnmS, May 11, 2018.

1. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    Hello !
    As the title suggests, I'm resigning from being LTA's editor.

There are two main reasons I'm leaving.
    1. The first is that with 1.29's editor, I get too many frustrating moments when I finish editing things only to have the editor crash. Finishing 1.54 and its hotfix versions was too much work and stress at some points. I crashed tens of times and had to redo many things, and even had to let some things slip since I forget re-editing them.
    2. The second is that I played a few games of 1.54, and I feel that the map is very close to where I wanted it to be, less snowballing through free level events or lumber. I'm seeing paths that weren't really popular before. But I also felt that people still don't like the changes I made.
      I persisted after 1.52 and 1.53 mainly because I knew that I wasn't done, and even though the response was negative, I didn't care much, because it was unfinished work.
      1.54 is of course unfinished work, but it is quite close to where I want to be. On the forums its a nice 50/50, but in game comments mostly talk about LTA degrading. This basically means that my thoughts do not align with that of the player base. And so, I'll leave the map to others who might do a better job. (of course, I'm right, everyone else is wrong !! but there is no point if the playerbase doesn't like the maps when I did reach my goals)
    I did want to add a few more things for Trolls, Scourge and Cult. But I'll leave these things to the next editors.

@Yousef will be the next LTA main editor as he is more versatile and can do all kinds of map work, all decisions and responsibility will be his. @TheKaldorei will be the co-editor.

I want to thank all those who helped me during the editing whether it be with ideas, testing or feedback !
    Best of luck to the next editors !
    • Informative x 7
    • Like x 6
    • Have a cookie x 1
    • What? x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  2. TheKaldorei

TheKaldorei High Priestess of Elune Shaman Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,596 / 92 / -215
    1.55 patch notes
    -all factions made night elves

1.56 patch notes
    - revert map to 1.51 fix op stuff in that. add good things from 1.52-1.54 call it a day

this is a meme post

Best of luck to svnms tho
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • This This x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    Where are you going :'(
  4. Yousef

Yousef Paladin of the Alliance Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +842 / 27 / -56
    Time to expand Azjol-Nerub, re-introduce Risen and make Lordaeron great again!
    Oh, also 13th faction.

And also Void Elves.

Joke.

not really
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • This This x 1
  5. Zlade(PinkArcher)

Zlade(PinkArcher)

Ratings:
    +33 / 1 / -2
    With this news i feel shitty, like what is LTA without svnms... first it was marsh and now it was her second in command svnms... i dont care about risen anymore if svnms is gone :'(
    • This This x 1
  6. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT IS NIGHT! MADNESS IS BLISS! THE WORLD WE KNEW IS OVER!

Actually what I mean to say is that we still love and will love you for ever. :-)
    Cheers for you work, but I assume we will get one last kiss in form of the 1.54d version? with a blue Mephistroth, YOU OW ME THAT MUCH! :D
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  7. SvnmS

SvnmS Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,567 / 14 / -39
    I probably would have left earlier if not for some nice comments like yours. But... you're exaggerating a bit ! :D

Already left, can't work on more versions unfortunately. Would have been nice to make a Mephistroth that changes color every minute.
    And thanks for the kind words !
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • This This x 1
  8. Draupne

Draupne Won't get any more fun than what you make yourself Brigand Map Maker

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 10 / -49
    LTA can't keep us forever. It's highly taxing work, as we both have experienced now.
    Cheers for your contribution, and lets hope that Yousef and Kaldorei can keep up the pace.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SUNSTRIDER

SUNSTRIDER

Ratings:
    +207 / 7 / -22
    Well alright then. :-) I remember sending a pm to Kaldorei a long time ago pleading for the change of Mephi's color. I never received a reply :/ But it was a most beautiful message. Should have tried with Yousef :D lol.
    nah I don't care about it now really, I just wanted to be annoying about it for the sake of extracting a tiny dose of fun from it. :}
  10. Tehfebeb

Tehfebeb ProphetHeWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ratings:
    +207 / 6 / -20
    make hannibal editor of lta
    • This This x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1